ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds for new born dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dkalra1981

Maintenance funds for new born dependant visa

Post by dkalra1981 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Hello

I am on a Tier 1 General Migrant Visa and my wife is on dependent visa which expires on 20 May 2011 (Living in UK for more than 12 months).

Our son was born in UK on 31 May 2010 and now my wife and my son are planning to go to India.

I want to apply a dependent visa for my son but I don't how much funds do I need to show.

The lowest amount on my bank statement from the past 3 months is £1400.

Can anyone please suggest what's the minimum amount I need to show on a daily basis?

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Deepak

dkalra1981

----Urgent Pls reply-- Applying visa for new born

Post by dkalra1981 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Hello

Can anyone please reply?

I'm bit confused regarding maintenance funds. Do it need to show £800+£533+£533 or £800+£533 as I'm only applying Visa for my son.

Also, what else docs do i need?

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Deepak

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:19 pm

It should be £800+£533+£533

44. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

dkalra1981

Post by dkalra1981 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks guru.

Also can you please forward me the employment & dependent visa covering letter.

Many Thanks

Deepak

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:27 am

I totally agree with what you say, but there is some contradicting information present at official site-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... entofunds/

It specifically says maintenance for main applicant if he's been in UK for less than 12 months...but it just says main applicant should have 533£ for each dependant...please read it carefully and you will know what i mean..

am just copying the section from above link -
If the main applicant under the highly skilled worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant.
If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the highly skilled worker must have £533 to support himself/herself.

dkalra1981

Post by dkalra1981 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:57 am

So does that mean I need to show £533+£533+£533 or £800+£533+£533. I'm bit confused now. Also, can anyone please send me the covering letter for dependent visa.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Deepak

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:01 am

To be on the safe side, you are better off showing 800+533+533...
am just pointing out the contradictions of information across their pages.

dkalra1981

Post by dkalra1981 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks.

Also, can anyone please send me the covering letter for dependent visa.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Deepak

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:02 pm

destiniation_london wrote:I totally agree with what you say, but there is some contradicting information present at official site-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... entofunds/

It specifically says maintenance for main applicant if he's been in UK for less than 12 months...but it just says main applicant should have 533£ for each dependant...please read it carefully and you will know what i mean..

am just copying the section from above link -
If the main applicant under the highly skilled worker category is outside the United Kingdom or has been in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £1,600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant.
If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the highly skilled worker must have £533 to support himself/herself.
Indeed is contradicting. But, if it was me I would go along with the policy guidance and maintain 800 + 533 +533.

dkalra1981 : for cover letter check the thread below.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=50608

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:44 pm

I agree.

dkalra1981

Need some help filling Tier 1 dependent form---Urgent

Post by dkalra1981 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:35 am

Hello

Can anyone pls tell me which form do I need to fill in for dependent visa?

I have read some posts on this forum which suggests that for dependent visa you need to complete VAF 10 form. But on the VAF 10 form it says that it is used for the applicants outside UK only.

My son was born in UK.

On the HO website I have found a link for the application form.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/

Not sure if it this is right form. Also, if it is the correct form what do I need to select from these options:

D1. Did the dependant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the United Kingdom?
Yes - go to question D2
No - go to question D5

D5. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the dependant’s passport or travel document.

D6. Are either the dependant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?

Yes - go to question D7
No - go to question D12

D12. What is the dependant’s current immigration status in the United Kingdom?

_
K4. Tick to confirm that:|_|
The A-rated sponsor has confirmed on the certificate of sponsorship that where necessary they will accommodate the dependant during his/her first month in the United Kingdom

Also, I have a joint savings account with my wife and I am showing bank statements of that account. Do I need to show the marriage certificate to show that we are legally married?

Also, do i need to send my photographs as well along with my son's photographs?

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Deepak

destiniation_london

Re: Need some help filling Tier 1 dependent form---Urgent

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:47 am

dkalra1981 wrote:Hello

Can anyone pls tell me which form do I need to fill in for dependent visa?

I have read some posts on this forum which suggests that for dependent visa you need to complete VAF 10 form. But on the VAF 10 form it says that it is used for the applicants outside UK only.
No, Don't fill this
My son was born in UK.

On the HO website I have found a link for the application form.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/
Fill this one
Not sure if it this is right form. Also, if it is the correct form what do I need to select from these options:

D1. Did the dependant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the United Kingdom?
Yes - go to question D2
No - go to question D5
No
D5. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the dependant’s passport or travel document.
Leave it blank and explain in covering letter

D6. Are either the dependant’s current and/or any one of his/her previous passport(s) or travel document(s) that he/she has used to travel to, and remain in, the United Kingdom which shows his/her current leave unavailable?

Yes - go to question D7
No - go to question D12
No
D12. What is the dependant’s current immigration status in the United Kingdom?
Leave it blank and explain in covering letter
_
K4. Tick to confirm that:|_|
The A-rated sponsor has confirmed on the certificate of sponsorship that where necessary they will accommodate the dependant during his/her first month in the United Kingdom

Also, I have a joint savings account with my wife and I am showing bank statements of that account. Do I need to show the marriage certificate to show that we are legally married?
Joint account is ok. Also send marriage certificate to be on the safer side
Also, do i need to send my photographs as well along with my son's photographs?

Don't think you need to send, attach birth certificate
Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Deepak

Also, please wait for the seniors to reply.

dkalra1981

Post by dkalra1981 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks for the reply.

Waiting for gurus to reply now.

Kind Regards

Deepak

dkalra1981

Post by dkalra1981 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:45 pm

can anyone pls confirm?

thanks

deepak