ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement dependent visa for my mum

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alex T
Newly Registered

Settlement dependent visa for my mum

Post by Alex T » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:38 pm

Hello
Please can someone give me some advise. I am applying for my dependent mum to come and stay with me in the UK and she was rejected on the grounds of compassionate (317(i)e), She is under the age of 65 currently but is very ill and due to her isolation and loneliness here illness is getting worst by the day. She does not have any family member to look after her, she only have two children and we are both settled in the UK. My father died when I was 4 years old my mother never remarried. Currently she is very depressed and she is always in tears when we call her on the phone.

The ECO Decision was as follows

You have applied as the parent of someone who is settled in the United Kingdom. However you have failed to provide satisfactory evidence that you are a parent or grandparent under the age of 65 if living alone outside the United Kingdom in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances and mainly dependent financially on relatives settled in the United kingdom. I note from your bank statement that you are in receipt of funds which have not come from your son in the UK. 317(i)e

I have had two different opinions from two different lawyers; one said that I only need to prove that the money shown on my mothers statement was sent by me, the other lawyer said in addition to providing evidence that the money was sent by me I still have to provide evidence that my mother is living on the most exceptional compassionate circumstance, I do not now which one to believe can you please help?

Also I have made an appeal and the Tribunal send me a letter stating that this will take up to 19 weeks and that they will write to me after 19 October, 2010 with further details on how and when my appeal will proceed.

I am really worried about my mother’s health which is getting worst due to her been isolated and lonely with no one to support her physical and emotionally, her doctor is saying that she needs to be around her family. So I need to speed up the process as much as I can. Dose any one know what to do?

So my question is there any way I can speed up the hearing date, one of the options may be to write directly to the ECM with all the evidence is this advisable does anyone know what to do, please can someone give me some advice?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:52 pm

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.