ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 pm

farahussain wrote:Hey Kaidee,

I received the same email as yourself today, did you make anything of it? it has been processed, doesn't really mean you have the visa does it?
I submitted my husbands application in on the 28th April 2010 at Gerry's and still have had no reply :( . They have not changed his status, everytime i check it states it is being processed...

Allah swt Knows Best...Inshallah my prayers are with everyone...

Fara
All it means is that they have looked at your paperwork and made a decision. You find out the decision when you get your passport back. What I've made from it is that I'm still going to have to wait. I don't think that you have to wait too long normally, maybe 2 weeks or so, well, that's the impression I get from reading posts.
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

Corsa786
Newly Registered

Post by Corsa786 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Batleykhan, I live near Leeds can u please recommend a good solicitor to do the appeal form, I obviously want the visa asap, can u please help.
Are u in bately? Can u help me?

farahussain
Newly Registered

Post by farahussain » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:17 am

Well i suppose we have no choice but to wait patiently...Thank you and all the best

Fara

decision_time
Newly Registered

Post by decision_time » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:41 am

I've been reading posts here for a while and thought I would let you know the email update I just received from the UK VISA Section.
'A decision has been made on the 05/07/10 and the wait for return of passport can be 4 weeks however please do not contact us until after 8 weeks.'
It is already been 14 weeks so that will mean 20 weeks before they want me to contact again, does anyone know what they do between the decision being made and the passport is returned?
This is for my wife's VISA and we've like others in the forum have had no update on the online website.

VISA Applied KHC: 20/04/10
Decision: 05/07/10
Waiting....

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:00 am

decision_time wrote:I've been reading posts here for a while and thought I would let you know the email update I just received from the UK VISA Section.
'A decision has been made on the 05/07/10 and the wait for return of passport can be 4 weeks however please do not contact us until after 8 weeks.'
It is already been 14 weeks so that will mean 20 weeks before they want me to contact again, does anyone know what they do between the decision being made and the passport is returned?
This is for my wife's VISA and we've like others in the forum have had no update on the online website.

Waiting....
iALLAH i really hope that is not the case!!! as a 20 wk wait would be very difficult....although a few members have still not received a reply post 12 weeks, generally people are getting replies around 10-12 weeks.

BJ Touch - any updates? are your 12 weeks up
MA786 - did your husband contact the VAC re. passport collection.

Duas are with all of you.
batleykhan wrote:I have just heard that my nephew's wife who applied from Islamabad on 19/5/10 has just recieved their visa today.
BatleyK – your nephew did well mAllah – we applied at beginning May and still waiting!

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:11 am

My email reply off the back of the first email:

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Can you provide me with the date that the decision was made?

I suppose I would be pushing it by asking for the outcome of the application? Or is there a chance that you can tell me via email?

Kind regards

Their reply

Dear Sir/Madam

The decision was made on the 06/07/2010, you will be contacted within the next 28 days. Once your documentation is ready to be collected the Visa Application Centre will contact you. We are experiencing a high volume of application and there might be a slight delay in you receiving your documents. If you have not been contacted in 28 days time please email us and we can follow your enquiry up. Thank you for patience.

Kind regards

Ukvisa Section

Correspondence Team

So a decision was made 2 weeks ago and still waiting, and being advised of probability of contact within the next 28 days...
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

HAPPY23
Newly Registered

Post by HAPPY23 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:26 am

Hello people

my wife gave her passport in mirpuir for visa stamping on 5/05/2010 and as of yet she has heard nothing back, it has been 11 weeks now. Does anyone know how long it will take to stamp a visa in a passport or what there time frame is??? How long these gays have?? somebody needs to remove the spammer machine from BHC.

please help me or any telephone numbers?????

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:47 am

HAPPY23 wrote:Hello people

my wife gave her passport in mirpuir for visa stamping on 5/05/2010 and as of yet she has heard nothing back, it has been 11 weeks now. Does anyone know how long it will take to stamp a visa in a passport or what there time frame is??? How long these gays have?? somebody needs to remove the spammer machine from BHC.

please help me or any telephone numbers?????
have you tried emailing Croydon? i cant recall their email addresss but its on the last few pages of this forum...PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandCompliants or somehting similiar....phone communication would be difficult

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:54 am

batleykhan wrote:
Corsa786 wrote:Hi thanks for replying, no I didn't explain in application letter,
Sometimes I deposited wages in account for two months because couldn't get to bank when got paid for first month, so I only need to explain why I haven't been depositing my wages regulary in my account. And another letter from employer, from may I have been receiving a cheque so that will show the same amount in bank that I get for wages.
Is that all I need to do, I am also putting in my p60 and further wages slips and bank staements
No its not that simple. Writting and wording the appeal notice will decide whether the decision is overturned at a review ( takes 2 months) or goes to a full hearing which will take 6-8 months.

There is a technique to completing teh AIT2 form. Its something that not everyone can do. You need to seek proper advice from a qualified advisor.
BatlyKhan - As applications are passed for decision making to the UK, If the dicision is made here in the UK then what are the chances of overturning these decision in the appeal process and not going to the full court hearing? I belevie it will be very slim don't you?

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:04 pm

z4ydi........depends on the reason4 refusal as to whether they will overturn or go to full appeal........if its minor and u have provided xtra info coverin those points then they should overturn......sayin that they do as they please anyway.......

SF786

Post by SF786 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Kaidee I emailed ukhub saying my 12 weeks are nearly up and got the same response that my application has been processed and to wait for the vac to get in touch. I've now also emailed back to see if they tell me the decision! I doubt very much that they will! I guess the waiting games continues...

At least I know that a decision has been made and that there is nothing more I can do other than do dua and be patient...

Even if I have to wait another month I just pray we get the visa! InshaAllah! :oops:
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

Corsa786
Newly Registered

Post by Corsa786 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Corsa786

Batleykhan, I live near Leeds can u please recommend a good solicitor to do the appeal form, I obviously want the visa asap, can u please help.

genious

Post by genious » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:05 pm

hi everyone,

once quick question

i am on work permit (non-points based) in uk. i am going to apply for my wife and 7 months old boy.

i know the documents to prepare for my wife, do i have to prepare any documents for my son.

can some one please list the documents i need.

many thanks,

ps: i couln't apply before due to some reasons.

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Same old! b :cry:

-----------
Dear Sir/Madam

Your application is currently being processed and a decision will be made shortly.

You can continue to monitor the progress of your application by checking the VAC's website at: www.ukvacpk.com.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

Corsa786
Newly Registered

Post by Corsa786 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:12 pm

HAPPY23
Newly Registered

Post by HAPPY23 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Hello people

please help me or any telephone numbers or how long will it take?????

please people of the world help me

Shakiya
Newly Registered

Good news today

Post by Shakiya » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Dear all

My husband collected his passport today. We submitted the passport on the 18th May at Islamabad. It took 9 weeks to have the passport stamped. The details are as follows:

Applied for spouse visa on - 30 June 2009
Visa refused - 19th November 2009
Appealed - 19th December 2009
Hearing - 15th April 2010
Call letter received - 11th May 2010
Passport submitted - 18th May 2010
Call from Gerry's to collect passport - 21st July 2010
Collected passport from Islamabad - 21st July 2010.

God willing my husbands will join me soon. All the best to everyone who is waiting for a response. Inshallah you will hear some thing soon.

Allah Hafiz

c4_2007

Re: Good news today

Post by c4_2007 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:04 pm

MashAllah! Congratulations, Mabrook!!!! ':D'

May Allah reunite you and increase you in happiness.
It must have been a testing time to be away from your husband for over a year.

Remember us in your Duas!

Shakiya wrote:Dear all

My husband collected his passport today. We submitted the passport on the 18th May at Islamabad. It took 9 weeks to have the passport stamped. The details are as follows:

God willing my husbands will join me soon. All the best to everyone who is waiting for a response. Inshallah you will hear some thing soon.

Allah Hafiz
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

SF786

Post by SF786 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:16 pm

Congratulations Shakiya really happy for you sis :)
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

Still waiting...

Post by Bj Touch » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Salaam all,

I spoke with my MP's secretary, he rang up UK HUB and they told him they made decision yesterday. They can't give me a timeline on how long it will take for my wife to get her passport so we can see decision. I just do dua that everything is ok inshAllah. I have waited 12 weeks, so waiting a couple weeks more won't be bad. I am going to continue to chase them in Islamabad/Abu Dhabi and Gerrys so she can get passport back quickly. Jazakallah.

RHussain07 wrote:
decision_time wrote:I've been reading posts here for a while and thought I would let you know the email update I just received from the UK VISA Section.

Waiting....
iALLAH i really hope that is not the case!!! as a 20 wk wait would be very difficult....although a few members have still not received a reply post 12 weeks, generally people are getting replies around 10-12 weeks.

batleykhan wrote:I have just heard that my nephew's wife who applied from Islamabad on 19/5/10 has just recieved their visa today.
BatleyK – your nephew did well mAllah – we applied at beginning May and still waiting!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Corsa786 wrote:Batleykhan, I live near Leeds can u please recommend a good solicitor to do the appeal form, I obviously want the visa asap, can u please help.
PM me with your phone number and I will discuss matter further with you

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:33 pm

no one heard from the mirpur office. they must be too busy to even look at applications. let alone update the "your application is being processed status"

anyone applied around 17/5 and heard anything. either an email or summat??

Corsa786
Newly Registered

Post by Corsa786 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Batleykhan have u received my pm, I have sent it twice x I don't know if it's gone through,

MA786

Post by MA786 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:16 pm

RHussain07 wrote:

Waiting....

Yeah his nephew has done v well mashallah

yes he did contact them and the vac said it hasnt arrived back yet from bhc.. how long does it take for documents to be posted between islamabad and lahore...he received the email on the 19th --I don't know whats happening to be honest...:(

z4ydi

Re: Good news today

Post by z4ydi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Shakiya wrote:Dear all

Allah Hafiz
Alhamdulellah for those who are getting a good news may Allah make it khyr and full of happiness and goodness for them and for those like me who are refused then inshAllah it is khyr for them.

From Shakiya's account it seems that after submitting the appeal it takes 4 months to get to the hearing stage and takes another 3 months to get yoru passport stamped.
2 questions:
  • 1. When you go to the hearing, is it there and then when the judge tells you that the visa should be granted or still refused? or you still have to go through further wait to findout the outcome?
    2. Do the sponsor in the UK receive a letter after the court hearing to tell you that the appliant should submit their passport in Gerry's or the applicant is somehow informed?
May Allah give me and all of us sabar...