ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for daughter under 18 who lives overseas - Please help!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tania1976
Newly Registered

ILR for daughter under 18 who lives overseas - Please help!!

Post by tania1976 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Hello :)

My husband and I originally came to the UK in 2006 under the HSMP. At the time, my daughter was 13 years old.

Because we weren't sure about how things were going to go here, we didn't want to uproot her from her friends and my parents until we were sure that our move to the UK was a permanent one.

At the time that we extended our visa under Tier 1, my dad had just passed away and my daughter wasn't keen on leaving my mom in SA on her own.

We are now eligible for ILR under the HSMP Judicial Review and will be going to the PEO in Croydon next month.

My daughter is finishing up her secondary school education and would like to join us in the UK once she has completed school. She is 17 years old.

I phoned the Immigration Bureau and they said that I can apply for ILR for her from SA once I have been issued ILR in the UK. I will also need to apply for Entry Clearance.

I have evidence that she is financially dependent on me as I pay her school fees via direct debit and I transfer money into my mom's account for her every month. I also pay for her mobile and internet via direct debit.

I will most probably be making her application in December, when we will be going to SA to visit. She will be 18 years old in March 2011.

Has anybody done this before? I know I have to complete the VAF4 form for her as well as a Sponsorship form, but it isn't very clear on whether or not I need to have a specific amount of savings in my bank account for a specific period of time.

What do they look for with these applications?

What else will I need to submit with the application?

Can anybody please help me?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:51 pm

I think once you get ILR i believe you can apply for your daughter 'to join family member settled in UK' type of visa / entry clearance.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partn ... tresident/

Also follow the link below and fill complete the questionnaire for more info.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/

Also have a look at the British High Commission in SA website also for SA specific info.

http://www.vfs-uk-za.com/index1.aspx

tania1976
Newly Registered

Post by tania1976 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Thank you very much for your help! :)

The websites don't specify whether I need to have savings in my bank account for a certain period of time.

Does that mean that they just want to be sure that I am working and earning money in order for me to sponsor my daughter?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:51 pm

i dont think you need to have a specific amount in your accounts (someone will probably come along in a minute and tell me i am wrong), but the more you have the better i think.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:33 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tania1976
Newly Registered

Post by tania1976 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks for all you help! :) I really appreciate it!

Fingers crossed, all will go well in December! :wink: I'll keep you posted!