ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR rejected

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mathew123
Newly Registered

ILR rejected

Post by Mathew123 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:57 pm

My application for IRL was rejected bec of a break due to change of visa status to adaptation visa without work permit and the years I remaind in uk with workpermit was uncounted, lost £1500, If anyone who has same problem, please wait until you finish continious 5 years on work permit visa to apply for ILR. Any advice to get my application reconsider is welcome.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:41 pm

What is adaptation visa?

regards

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:01 pm

sushdmehta wrote:What is adaptation visa?

regards
I m not sure if it is the right terminology for it but i believe it some kind of training work permit for nurses.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Found it! It seems to be a student visa for student nurses coming to UK for "adaptation courses" at nursing educational establishment(s) in the UK, a mandatory requirement to register and work in the UK.

Guess it was akin to Permit Free Training.

regards

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:59 am

Yep I think thats the one. I think its for overseas trained nurses rather than student nurses

Mathew123
Newly Registered

Post by Mathew123 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:50 pm

yes, its for overseas trained nurses, titled under 'supervised nursing practice', without work permit, and is different from ONP.

Student nurse visa without work permit will be counted in for 5 year ILR period. any one knows about this more ? please.

girlpower19818

Post by girlpower19818 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Mathew123 wrote:yes, its for overseas trained nurses, titled under 'supervised nursing practice', without work permit, and is different from ONP.

Student nurse visa without work permit will be counted in for 5 year ILR period. any one knows about this more ? please.
hi there. Sorry about not getting your ILR and the money lost. Ope you will get it when you apply after the five years is finished.

student nurse visa does not count towards 5 years period. student nurses are only allowed to switch to work permit (now tier 2) then the count starts from when they get leave to remain with a work permit.
wish you all the best.