ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Sucessfull Jul 20 - Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ninjas
Newly Registered

ILR Sucessfull Jul 20 - Croydon

Post by Ninjas » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:20 am

Hi All

Have been monitoring this board for quite some time and always as a guest - but now decided to join and post my sucessfull application experience.

Applied for the Croydon PEO service and was given appointment at 12:45 on Jul20. Arrived around 12:00 and was asked to go inside.

Ground floor - submitted Apps where details were checked asked to go to 1st Floor and pay fees and wait. Was given a number slip

1st Floor - Paid fees £1403.00 for 2 Adults 1 Child and waited around an hour before my number was called.

At the counter was asked to handover form, passport, 3 months payslip, 3 months bank statement, employment letter, and P60 for the year. My employment letter also certified all the dates I was out of the country.

No other documents asked for - after 30 minutes of waiting at the counter twiddling thumbs was told all OK - go and wait and will be called for passport to be returned with stamp. No other questions asked or had any conversation at all !!!

Another 45 minutes later was handed passport for myself and family and I left happily.

Other details:
My entry visa was HSMP arrived in UK on 24May2006 (Filed under HSMP JR)
Family 1+1 dependent HSMP visa arrived Sept 2006

Documents submitted:
Passport, SET(O) Form, 3 Mths Payslip, 3 Mths Bank Stmt, P60 for 2010, Emplyment letter (This letter also showed Absense dates from UK for office and personal trips) Full details provided, date left, returned, visa used etc.

Had carried various docs but none asked for:
P60 for all years, Payslips for all years, Bank Statement last 2 years, Bank Statement end of each year, Utility and council Bills, Rental Lease Agreement, Birth Certificates, Educationsal Certs, Original HSMP Letters and FLR letters.

So now the waiting game begins for the next stage....

Good luck everyone and thanks for all the help and tips provided.

happyboy
Newly Registered

Congrats!

Post by happyboy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:19 am

Congrats on your successfull ILR.
May I ask how many days of absence did you have?

Ninjas
Newly Registered

Post by Ninjas » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:25 am

70 days out of which 45 days were official trips and thr rest were personal. none off the trips were longer than 10 days and I got this mentioned in the employment letter

happyboy
Newly Registered

Post by happyboy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:29 am

Thanks!
I applied on 21st in person and the application has been accepted but needs additional checks - so now i need to play the waiting game :).
WP + Tier-1 and then applied for ILR. All docs provided (last 3 P-60, payslips, bank statements, letter from current and previous employer both mentioning that I need to / used to travel out of the UK on business). Lets hope for the best.

king_kong

Long leaves?

Post by king_kong » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:42 am

happyboy wrote:Thanks!
I applied on 21st in person and the application has been accepted but needs additional checks - so now i need to play the waiting game :).
WP + Tier-1 and then applied for ILR. All docs provided (last 3 P-60, payslips, bank statements, letter from current and previous employer both mentioning that I need to / used to travel out of the UK on business). Lets hope for the best.
Dear Happyboy,
Were your absences quiet long? May I know if they told why they need additional checks? Or is it yet another "case worker" thing?

Thanks.

happyboy
Newly Registered

Post by happyboy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:53 am

1 absence was longer than 3 months (work related) - but the case worker seemed quite genuine and even went on to mention that they thought this was a valid case but just a matter of policty it had to be referred for further checks.

happyboy
Newly Registered

:(ILR rejected.....any advice please?

Post by happyboy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi Folks,
I had applied for my ILR via the WP>Tier-1 route having completed 5 years.
In between - I was sent out of the UK on an overseas assignment that extended for several months and I returned once the assignment was over and have been here ever since.
Although I switched jobs in the UK in-between, I managed to get a reference letter from my ex-employer clearly mentioning that I was out of UK for work related (and not personal) reasons.
Despite this my application has been rejected stating that continued presence in the UK has not been maintained.
I am especially disappointed since I went through a lot of effort in getting my ex employer to provide the letter and in spite of that they have not discounted the business related days :(
Any suggestions please?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:19 pm

happyboy

just a suggestion that you will get more accurate responses if you put complete details of your case including all absences.e.g. total how many absences, longest trip etc...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: :(ILR rejected.....any advice please?

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:29 pm

happyboy wrote:Hi Folks,
I had applied for my ILR via the WP>Tier-1 route having completed 5 years.
In between - I was sent out of the UK on an overseas assignment that extended for several months and I returned once the assignment was over and have been here ever since.
Although I switched jobs in the UK in-between, I managed to get a reference letter from my ex-employer clearly mentioning that I was out of UK for work related (and not personal) reasons.
Despite this my application has been rejected stating that continued presence in the UK has not been maintained.
I am especially disappointed since I went through a lot of effort in getting my ex employer to provide the letter and in spite of that they have not discounted the business related days :(
Any suggestions please?
Were you being paid in the UK during those "several" months? Were you contributing to the UK economy in any way? Did you have any ties with the UK (other than the stamp in your passport)?

regards