ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Structural Engineer (Civil) - 5 yrs Exp - Energy sector

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yarlie_uk
- thin ice -

Structural Engineer (Civil) - 5 yrs Exp - Energy sector

Post by Yarlie_uk » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:31 am

Dear All,

I am a structural Engineer (Civil) - Mtech (IIT) with 5 years of exp from GMR, Bangalore India.
Pls let me know if any opening are there in Energy sector.
99% of members in this forum are discussing about IT sector and itz hard to find anyone from engineering side.
Guys... pls do help me.
I got my HSMP-tier1(general) visa in Jan2009 but dont have enough guts to enter into Uk.
Advice plz........

Idea

Post by Idea » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Not sure what reply u are expecting...

But i did a quick search on jobsites and there are lots of openings.
Though IT guys are a majority on Tier I there are people working in other areas as well. I'm a mechanical Engineer and know many in my field here who are from India - in energy sector - power, oil and gas etc.

be specific about any info u need. Its the right approach to be cautious in timing your move. Did you get any calls for interview so far ?..

Yarlie_uk
- thin ice -

Post by Yarlie_uk » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 am

Mr. Idea,

Thanks for ur reply...
pls let me know if there are any openings in your firms or any other u know. pls do help me in this job search.
I am Structural engineer (CIVIL) with 5yrs Exp in Analysis & designing of power plant structures or any other industrial structures as well.
Let me know so that i will send my CV & cover letter to you.

I have been appling in many websites from past 1yr but bad luck .. havent got even one call.

Pls do the needful.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:32 am

Since you have been applying for a year and not getting calls, there are only 2 explanations to this
1. You are not based physically in the UK so no agency wants to give you a call - local presence is vital no matter what sector you work in. Why would agents bother going outside the UK when there are so many good profiles available locally?
2. You dont have a skill that stands out - this does not mean you are not good at what you do but more to do with my previous point. If there are guys with profiles similar to yours who live in UK, then agents will prefer calling them over you and this makes sense right?

No one in this forum can give you in writing you will get a job. Everyone has to take that chance and risk to come here and apply for jobs - thats the simple truth my friend. No matter how much you think about this and apply online and ask questions on forums - the bottom line is - If you want to have a taste of the job market then you have to be present in the UK

All the best!
KP

Idea

Post by Idea » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:59 pm

i'm afraid KP is right. There is nothing much else to do....probably u could try with a local address and phone number (your friends') to find if there are any calls. - based on that u can decide to make a visit to uk or not...

Yarlie_uk
- thin ice -

Post by Yarlie_uk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:12 am

Dear KP & Idea...

Thanks for ur views and suggessions. As suggested by mr. Idea I will try with some uk local address and phone no. and see the response and will decide on coming to UK.

I got my visa stamping in Jan2009 (3 yrs visa) but till date I havent entered UK. Almost 1.5 yrs completed after stamping, any restrictions on this issue ??

Yarlie_uk
- thin ice -

Post by Yarlie_uk » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:04 am

Yarlie_uk wrote:Dear KP & Idea...

Thanks for ur views and suggessions. As suggested by mr. Idea I will try with some uk local address and phone no. and see the response and will decide on coming to UK.

I got my visa stamping in Jan2009 (3 yrs visa) but till date I havent entered UK. Almost 1.5 yrs completed after stamping, any restrictions on this issue ??
Dear members... plz do reply for my above query...

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 am

Dear members... plz do reply for my above query...
There is no need to worry about the date of entry. You can enter till you hold a valid visa. The only worrisome factor if you are trying for permanent roles would be to convince the employers that given a certain earning you would be able to apply for further extensions and try an ILR. In case you are looking for contract roles, it should not be a problem.

Shepherd