ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Support Letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simon3000
Newly Registered

Support Letter

Post by simon3000 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:37 am

I've just got a job but have no savings and applying for my spouse visa, we will get married abroad so i have all the paperwork, to strengthen my application can i include letters from friends and family stating that would help finisncially if ever need be though my letter of employment and salary should show that i will not need their money for our upkeep

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:53 pm

You need to prove that you can support, maintain and accommodate your wife yourself. You should not rely for support from friends. If you cant prove this, your wife visa will most likely be refused.

I would therefore get some saving done and at the same time make sure that your income from your employment is sufficient to support you both. Do this before getting married and applying.

Also keep all your posts in one post rather than different ones. That way they will get answered

simon3000
Newly Registered

Post by simon3000 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Thank you , yes the income is enough for two people i will wait till the money is in my account

shaad

Post by shaad » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:36 pm

batleykhan wrote:You need to prove that you can support, maintain and accommodate your wife yourself. You should not rely for support from friends. If you cant prove this, your wife visa will most likely be refused.

I would therefore get some saving done and at the same time make sure that your income from your employment is sufficient to support you both. Do this before getting married and applying.

Also keep all your posts in one post rather than different ones. That way they will get answered
What is the minimum amount that is required to be shown. Any suggestions?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:45 pm

shaad wrote:
What is the minimum amount that is required to be shown. Any suggestions?

It needs to be more than what a couple would recieve in benefits. Something like 103/week after rent and council tax.