ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Visa Initial Grant to Leave

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johnpeter1
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Visa Initial Grant to Leave

Post by Johnpeter1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Dear All

I got my Tier 1 Post Study work Permit in march 2010 and I am trying to switch to Tier 1 General Visa. I checked the new form which is issued on 19 July and I can have following points;

Age Assessment : 20 Points (I am 25)
Qualification Assessment : 30 Point (I have Bachelors Degree from UK University)
Previous Earnings : 20 Points ( where I can earn 35000 GBP)
UK Experience Study : 5 points ( I have Uni degree)
English Language : 10 (Uni degree)
Maintenance : 10 (easy one)

I just want to know, If i work outside the UK as i am sailor and do not pay tax in UK, can i show those earnings to fill 35000 pound?

Please help.....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Assuming you are at sea most of the time, where is your employer based and where is your salary credited?

regards

Johnpeter1
Newly Registered

Post by Johnpeter1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:20 am

sushdmehta wrote:Assuming you are at sea most of the time, where is your employer based and where is your salary credited?

regards
Sometimes, in France or spain or bahamas. All i want to know is that acceptable by Home Office?

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:28 am

Should be ok, as long as you can show valid,

1. 12 month payslips
2. 12 month bank statements

AFAIK, the Tier 1 doesn't actually verify if you are a tax payer. It's just that the tax document can be used as an evidence, when you are unable to submit one of the above.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Assuming you do not intend to use any uplift factor to your earnings to claim points, it should be okay as long as documentary evidences, as required, are submitted.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:53 pm

The calculation of points in your initial post shows a total of 95. As of July 19th, you need 100 points if you want to switch from Tier 1 (PSW) to Tier 1 (General).

Since yours will an initial application to Tier 1 (General) and not an application for extension, where you earn should not impact your application as long as you do the assessment right. IMHO, if your job doesn't require you to pay any taxes in UK, so be it. Tier 1 (general) rules do not state that you must pay taxes in UK when you are not required to.

regards