ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Born Baby visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krazzy_wind
Newly Registered

New Born Baby visa

Post by krazzy_wind » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:25 am

Hi,

I am an Indian Passport holder with Tier1 visa. I had a baby boy born last month. He needs to travel to india in september. How can he apply for the passport & what visa he will hold to travel, process and the cost involved.

Thanks,
XXX

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Before you apply for your baby's Indian passport you need to register your baby as Indian. This is done at Indian high commission.

If you visiting HCI for first time then I will give you a brief you as what to do. You need to stand in the queue to get the token (Try to be in the queue before 7:30 am so that you get first 50 tokens). Ask for both passport service (to get new passport) and consular service (To register your baby) tokens. Inside before you submit for passport application you need to finish your consular service. Every thing will be over in 30 mins and you should be out before 10am. Check for the fee and documents to be submitted for these service on HCI website. You should get the new Indian passport in 3 days.

Baby does not need UK visa to leave UK but needs when coming back. There are 2 ways to apply. Either you can apply before you visit India as Tier 1 child dependent or you can apply in India as EC Tier 1 child dependent.

My experience was that it took not more that a month to get the visa from here. People have a mixed opinion about where to apply for visa, either here or in India. But my personal choice was here as I have all the document required for visa and much hassle free than India.