ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SSSM:HSMP-Queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sssm

SSSM:HSMP-Queries

Post by sssm » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:00 pm

Hi All,
Posting a message after a long long time. This year I'm planning to apply for HSMP. I need advice from the moderators and other experienced members regarding few things. I am planning to apply on my own (without help of any consulting firm).

1.Birth Certificate: In India (Andhra Pradesh), SSC Certificate ( Class X passing certificate) has date of birth on it and is valid proof of date of birth for all practical purposes. Infact, Passport is issued based on the date of birth on this certificate.

So my question is, Can I directly submit a notarized photocopy of SSC as date of birth proof? Can I attach a certificate from Educational Officers of State Government which says that date of birth on SSC Certificate is a valid proof as a supporting document?

2. Can I submit notarized copies of all educational and job certificates. Please paste any communication received from HSMP office in this regard.

3. In India, Reference Certificate from current employers officially could lead to a wilfull acceptance of termination or in most cases not entertained. In such case, can I send Reference Certificate on a personal letter head of a colleague/ex-colleague in the organization? I work one of top Software companies in the world in development center in India.

4. In case of Experience Certificate also, can I get a letter on a personal letter head of a colleague/ex-colleague in the organization?
I can show proofs of latest salary slips, recent salary hikes, appointment letters,tax certificates as supporting docs.

5. I have a strong experience in software, post grad qualification,salary requirements are met, spouse is a post graduate. Even without spouse's points, I would still get 75 (if I can get 25 points under experience head with above documentation). If I want to use spouse's points to be on safe side, is it ok for me to submit notarized photocopies of her educational qualifications?

6. I had worked in UK (as a consultant of an MNC in India) on a work permit from Jan-2001 to Jul-2001. I have work-permit of that still. Also my UK pound sterling bank account is still active with my present address in India.

It would be easy for me to consolidate if you can reply me point-wise.

-Regards,
SSSM

sssm

Post by sssm » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:02 pm

Small correction to point 6: The work-permit expired in Jan-2003, though.

sssm

SSSM: HSPM Queries: Attn: Kalayami, Chess..please respond

Post by sssm » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:30 am

Kalayami, Chess..and others who were in the same boat as me and now qualified for HSMP.. Please respond.. I need yur immediate help. I had searched the archives befor actually potsing these things

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:14 am

There's one thing common to most of your questions - Can I send notarized copies as edvidence???

The common answer is NO ... Only original certificates are accepted !!

Let's now go point by point:-

1. Xth Standard certificate is an acceptable evidence of date of birth.

2. As above, NOTARIZED / ATTESTED copies are NOT ACCEPTED.

3. Reference letters have to be on the printed official company letterhead only. Ideally should be from HR / immediate line manager (this would depend on the organization where you work). Peer references are NOT accepted as primary evidence. But yes, you can use peer references to substantiate your claims / primary evidences, though this is not required.

4. Answered above.

5. Strength of you work experience will depend on the content of your reference letters. In HSMP evaluation, this is the most tricky area so please be careful about what you present as evidence, and more importantly how the reference letters are worded.

6. No value add in scoring, as they accept people who never had a UK WP and don't have a UK bank account.

Hope this answers your questions.

Read through the HSMP guidance notes. You would have found ALL your answers there !!!!!!

regards