ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Things you HATE and LIKE about life in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mazar

heya

Post by mazar » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:41 pm

life here in Ireland%100 better than eastin European including spain greece italy portogul, the rast of westin Europe are better than Ireland

Italybound
Newly Registered

Post by Italybound » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:44 am

Going to Italy next week, cannot wait.

The only reason the unemployment rate is increasing at a slower rate is because people are leaving.

It is all yours Mazar, you and FF will be here to the bitter end.

Good luck with that.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:14 pm

1. Most of the people, and love the ethnic diversity.
2. The beautiful scenery, heritage, old buildings, castles, history etc.
3. Close-knit communities, although this can be a dislike too.
4. The size of Ireland, you can drive everywhere and the longest it would take to get to the other side of the country wouldnt be more than 3/4hours.

Dislikes:

1. The Irish Government
2. Bureaucratic system, so long-winded and takes forever to get/do anything.
3. The backwards views of some Irish people.
4. The cost of living.
5. The house/rent prices.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

luckyfish
Newly Registered

Post by luckyfish » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:43 am

Dislikes:

1. I agree on this one
Monifé wrote:Likes:
3. The backwards views of some Irish people.
2. Twigs
3. IFI
Last edited by luckyfish on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nomad81
Newly Registered

Post by Nomad81 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:13 am

Due to my frustrations about the INIS at Burgh Quay, allow me to respond here as well. :)

- Fresh air pretty much everywhere you go.
- The sea is never more than 2 hours away even if you're in the midlands.
- Pretty countryside.

Dislikes:
- Stupid immigration rules (Visa, Single-entry visa, GNIB, re-entry visa, etc).
- Rain, rain and more rain.
- Poor public transport.
- Rush hour traffic jams when not using public transport.
- Not part of the Schengen agreement.

Davidas
Newly Registered

Post by Davidas » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:51 pm

LIKE:

- career opprotunities
- landscape
- the people
- demographic diversity
- sea-mews in the city centre

DISLIKE:

- windows open outside the house
- dublin accent
- irish food
- far away from home

adamkara
Newly Registered

Ireland very bad

Post by adamkara » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:19 am

I had a very bad story wıth thıs country , they have terrible ımmıgratıon servıces , ı hate them ,

they are comıng to my country and buyıng house , cars etc .... wıth out no problem , but ıf we re goıng to ıreland they gıve us problem so thats not rıght.

we re not welcome any ırısh people anymore.

IrishTom
BANNED

Re: Ireland very bad

Post by IrishTom » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:18 pm

adamkara wrote:I had a very bad story wıth thıs country , they have terrible ımmıgratıon servıces , ı hate them ,

they are comıng to my country and buyıng house , cars etc .... wıth out no problem , but ıf we re goıng to ıreland they gıve us problem so thats not rıght.

we re not welcome any ırısh people anymore.
Where is your country?

I doubt many will be purchasing property there these days. :D

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Making a home in Ireland

Interesting Case studies of experiences of people of different ethnicities in the Housing Market in Ireland

adamkara
Newly Registered

very bad ırırsh ımmıgratıon system

Post by adamkara » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:16 pm

I have 2 natınalıty( turkısh-canadıan)
When ı receıve my deport letter from INIS , ı went to lawyer ın dublın 1 , lawyer tald me he has more than 10 custumer a week about stupıd ırıland ımmıgratıon system.
now ım talkıng about kusadası-ızmır,turkıye.there ıs a lot ırısh has a property over there wıth out no problem , but when we try to go to ıreland everythıng ıs chance. my lawyer told me to many story, u can not beleve ıt, how INIS talk to up people lıfe in ireşnad.thanks god ı have a optıon to move another country
But ım not gıve up what they dıd to me,I ll go to governor of ızmır and ankara , and I ll try to make more dıffecult to get property for irirsh people ın Turkıye.

I HATE THEM........ DO NOT COME TO MY COUNTY , ıf u dont now where u have to go , ask INIS , they ll help u.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:25 am

adamkara, how do you make the text in your posts cut the top off certain letters? I think it's ace.
Last edited by Ben on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

adamkara
Newly Registered

F.... ırısh ımmıgratıon

Post by adamkara » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 am

I just start to fıght wıth thıs people , I ll make a web sıte to expleaın how ırısh sytem discrimination to people and to many famılys sufferıng over there. AND also I beleıve IF THEY CAN MAKE IT , THEY LL DEPORT EU CITIZEN but they dont have enough power to do that. F.... ırısh people ı ll show u how to make a paın.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: F.... ırısh ımmıgratıon

Post by Ben » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:47 am

adamkara wrote:I just start to fıght wıth thıs people , I ll make a web sıte to expleaın how ırısh sytem discrimination to people and to many famılys sufferıng over there. AND also I beleıve IF THEY CAN MAKE IT , THEY LL DEPORT EU CITIZEN but they dont have enough power to do that. F.... ırısh people ı ll show u how to make a paın.
I think you're right adamkara. I don't like Irish people either, although I'm getting used to the smell now.

If I were you, I'd make a website too, but only using this curious font which chops the top of some letters off. Otherwise it'd be pointless.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:15 am

Ben wrote:If I were you, I'd make a website too, but only using this curious font which chops the top of some letters off. Otherwise it'd be pointless.
Ben you really give me a good giggle sometimes :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:22 am

Monifé wrote:Ben you really give me a good giggle sometimes :)
:wink:

adamkara
Newly Registered

Post by adamkara » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:30 pm

I know how to make a web sıte and how to reach people. I ll use google AdWords and the other programs to reach whole planet to explaın how bad ıreland ıs.

And also my uncle has a pharmaceutical manufacturers.next week 3 ırısh company come to negotiation , I ll make a show over there, I ll gıve them double prıces. F... ırısh people , they thıng they re smart , rest of the world stupıd huhhhhh.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:39 pm

adamkara wrote:I know how to make a web sıte and how to reach people. I ll use google AdWords and the other programs to reach whole planet to explaın how bad ıreland ıs.

And also my uncle has a pharmaceutical manufacturers.next week 3 ırısh company come to negotiation , I ll make a show over there, I ll gıve them double prıces. F... ırısh people , they thıng they re smart , rest of the world stupıd huhhhhh.
I couldn't agree more font adamkara. I'm just font jealous I didn't have this font idea before you. No font doubt you will font put to good use your excellent font skills and make your new font website a huge font success.

Not only font that, you've had the excellent font idea to use Google AdWords. That is pure font genius and I'm sure it'll be the font key to your font success. I tried to understand Google FontWords once, but I just couldn't get my font around it.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:14 pm

adamkara wrote:I know how to make a web sıte and how to reach people. I ll use google AdWords and the other programs to reach whole planet to explaın how bad ıreland ıs.

Ah now... just because you had a bad experience with the Irish immigration system doesn't mean all Irish people are "smart" and "bad" people.

Many many people experience great difficulties with INIS and DOJ but that doesnt automatically make the whole of Ireland ar**holes!!!

I myself am Irish/British and am having a bad experience with INIS and GNIB as my partner is Non-EU but I wouldnt go as far as saying "f**k all Irish people."

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Oh and once again Ben, you have me splitting my sides seriously!!! Nearly spat my drink out hahaha :lol:

koded

Post by koded » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:07 pm

@ adamkara, You use all these your anger or resentment to challenge DOJ on their decision made against you. You will get a better result that way instead of thinking of mission impossible. It is some people working in DOJ or should I say DOJ's administrative procedures that is totally wrong and not the irish people. In the course of my application I have met some people in INIS who are good and have a listening ear and also I have met some sadist too, people who thinks Ireland belong to them alone.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:32 am

I don't think DOJ treat everyone this way...I met a Turkish guy who had started working within 4 months of arriving in Ireland as a spouse of an Irish girl...he said he had his stamp 4 within 4 months. To be honest, I was a bit suprised at what he told me.

adamkara
Newly Registered

Post by adamkara » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:43 pm

Im anger but not only my self , ı have a chance to move another country easly thats why ım here to say bad about ireland.many famıly over there they dont have a chance to move back and they re sufferıng and F... ırısh ımmıgratıon ofıcers they re sıttıng and laughıng.But whos goıng to lose , of course Irıland. Rest of my lıfe , we ll newer ever help ırısh people.F.... Irıland , thats all ı can say.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:47 pm

adamkara wrote:Im anger but not only my self , ı have a chance to move another country easly thats why ım here to say bad about ireland.many famıly over there they dont have a chance to move back and they re sufferıng and F... ırısh ımmıgratıon ofıcers they re sıttıng and laughıng.But whos goıng to lose , of course Irıland. Rest of my lıfe , we ll newer ever help ırısh people.F.... Irıland , thats all ı can say.
I could not have put it better myself adamkara. Your comments are totally justified and not at all idiotic.

I've been thinking about your forthcoming website a lot adamkara. Have you thought of a name for it yet? I was thinking adamkarafromconnemara.com might work. I know you're not really from Connemara, but I thought that might add to the irony of it all. You know, take it from a different angle.

Meanwhile, I've also been thinking of pictures you could put up on your website. It can't be all text only with no graphics, that'd be dull. Yuk. But I know you'll have already thought of that, because you're so smart. What if we got a photo of a leprechaun and photoshopped your face on it? Then people who visit the website might think that you love Ireland and it's native people - the leprechauns - and be tempted to stay and read, but then we'll bombard them with the truth as only you and I know it to be.

Once, I caught a leprechaun on a trip to Wexford. He wasn't as friendly as I thought he'd be, but he was short and wearing green. When I first grabbed him he tried to wriggle, but I caught the little blighter good and proper. Kept asking for his pot of gold and eventually he escaped. I'm going to catch another leprechaun soon though, the tooth fairy I currently have is getting old and doesn't pay up any more, despite my loyally placing all my teeth under my pillow for her. That's why I talk a bit funny.

Must dash - I can see a rainbow in the distance and you know what that means. I'll get my net.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:28 am

adamkara wrote: ırısh people ı ll show u how to make a paın.
Fair play to the officers in the GNIB who chucked you out on your ear. :lol:

Good luck with your crusade.

benjamin.nono
Newly Registered

GO ADAMKARA GOOOOOO

Post by benjamin.nono » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:32 am

i have a same story with adamkara ,
im french citizen and my wife she is not eu citizen we moved to ireland and i was working , we send them all paper they ask only prtp latter we did not send them ,couse its take a time to get it , we alredy mention about prtb letter to Inis and they send us deport letter couse we didnt send them prtb letter on the time , when i went to INIS that time , i met 2 german family has same letter couse we did not send it on the time , only prtb letter cost us deport.
we moved back to paris , couse they said we can make a appeal but it takes 1 year and that time my wife can not work , they know that if they do it like this no body can stay over there , thats why they re making like this ,
but irish citizen can bring theyre non eu family to Eu easly and irish goverment use Eu money to make a rail road , make a hospital ....etc but we can even bring to our family to iriland. i thing they re using us
i agree adamkara , looks like this guy has a ball , go adamkara gooo
we re with u , u re right what u said about iriland