ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancée visa without leaving the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Citalopram
Newly Registered

Fiancée visa without leaving the UK

Post by Citalopram » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:29 am

Hi to all,

Apologies if requested info is posted elsewhere, if so pls direct me to it.

Ok, I am an overstayer :)

Overstayed by about 8 years. Refused to do an arranged marraige on moral grounds :)

Now found true love, but what to do? Fiance is UK-born British Englishman (hope that says it all). But do we really have to go back to my country to get the fiancee visa so I can work here?

I would rather not.

Are there any alternatives? Can we apply for it and get it here? We have only been living together for about a year and a half.

Thank you.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:01 am

No, you will need to return to your country and apply for your fiancée visa there. There really is no alternative ..... unless for some reason it is impossible to return to your country .... which is where, incidentally?

As a non-EEA citizen you cannot marry in the UK unless you have either a fiancée visa, ILR or a Certificate of Approval ("CoA"). There is nothing to stop you applying for a CoA, cost of application £135, except it is very clear that the application would be refused given you are not legally in the UK on a visa whose original length exceeded six months, with at least three months left on that visa.

Sorry to say that the CoA requirement was introduced to stop people in the your situation getting married in the UK and thereby trying to beat the immigration system.
get the fiancée visa so I can work here?
No work is permitted on a fiancée visa! After the marriage has happened you would apply for a spouse visa in the UK, and after you have that you would be allowed to work.
John

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:12 pm

Gees.. these aliens are certainly proud.