ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 dependant visa - Funds maintenance (Urgent please)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vgovardhan
Newly Registered

Post by vgovardhan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:23 am

Hi,

Could some one help me for the following query.

Currently I am in UK on Tier 2 visa, recently my wife has applied for Tier 1 visa from India and she last week she got the visa.

Currently she is in India only.

Now I want to shift from Tier 2 to Tier 1 dependent.

We have maintained around 2,50,000 INR (slightly more than 2800 GBP) and submitted the same as evidence while applying Tier 1. Now we have taken out some amount from my wife account after receiving the stamped visa, now her account balance is less than equivalent currency to GBP 2800.

But, from past 4 months I am maintaining more than 4000 GBP in my UK lloyds bank account.

Can I show my UK bank account statement as funds maintenance evidence for applying dependent visa?

If yes, kindly suggest me what is the amount

Is it GBP 1600 only? or do I need to submit main applicant i.e. my wife bank statement again as an evidence for GBP 2800 funds ?

Hope you understand my query.

Please help me by providing your valuable comments.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Govardhan.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:35 am

Since you need to apply as dependent of Tier 1 (General) migrant and the Tier 1 (General) migrant is in India, you'll need to show GBP 2800 (maintenance funds for main applicant) + GBP 1600 (maintenance funds for dependent). Therefore, a total of GBP 4400.

The amount of 2800 pounds must be held in a sole / joint account held by the main migrant (your wife) and the 1600 pounds must be held in either:
1. Sole / Joint account in the name of the main migrant (your wife), or
2. Sole / Joint account in the name of the dependent (you).

The money can be shown in bank accounts in any country (or combinations of such accounts), not an issue - but must be held / maintained in the manner explained above.

Also, I hope you are aware that to change from Tier 2 migrant to dependent of Tier 1 (General) migrant you will need to return to home country and apply for EC there.

regards

vgovardhan
Newly Registered

Post by vgovardhan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 pm

Hi Sushd,

My wife has already got Tier 1 (general) visa.

Now I wanted to apply for dependent visa, int his case also we need to show 2800 + 1600 GBP as a bank balance?

Kindly read the following query and help me by providing the details.

My wife has got the Tier 1 visa on 23rd July, 2010 and she is currently in India.

After she got the visa, we have taken out some amount and now balance in her bank account is less than 2800 GBP.

I wanted to apply Tier1 dependent visa, I have more than 5000 pounds in my UK lloyds bank account and I am maintaining this since last 5 months.

Here my question is, since I am applying only for dependent visa, is it enough if I show my bank statement as a funds maintenance evidence?

Or my wife also needs to show 2800 pounds equivalent amount in her account?

Kindly provide me the details please.

Regards,
Govardhan.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:39 am

Neither have I misunderstood your situation or query, nor do I believe that I have answered your query inaccurately. Reposting the same thing doesn't change anything!

Please read the policy guidance for dependents of PBS migrants *carefully*, in particular para 40 and 88. If still in doubt, please search the forum, as information is already available on this forum (about amount of maintenance funds to be shown for dependent application when main migrant has already been granted Tier 1 EC but hasn't travelled to UK yet).

Included in my response above is important information how the funds must be maintained for the evidence to be acceptable.

regards

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:23 am

Hi Govardhan,
As an immigration law firm located at Chennai India, and having processed thousands of applications thro the Chennai Consulate we can assure that ur Tier 1 dependant visa will have no issues if u show ur GBP account where u say u have 5000 pounds. Just make sure u follow the guidance in the originality of the bank statements and the duration of the funds.
Sush is right in saying that u will have to come to India to have ur visa stamped.
So here's wishing u all the very best.
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.

vgovardhan
Newly Registered

Post by vgovardhan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:16 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response. In fact I am maintaining more than 7000 GBP since last 8 months in my UK bank account.

I have the bank original statements till 13th July ( which banks will send monthly basis). Also, I have taken online statement printout and bank has stamped with bank seal, also they have stamped another seal on same paper and where it is saying that it is a true copy. Bank person has signed and mentioned his employee number on seal.

I have requested for separate letter, but they don't have any specific format except balance. They provided a printout on bank letter headed paper by saying balance is XXXXX on 29.07.2010.

Statement with proper seal and signature will be enough or it will create any problem for me ?

As I mentioned, I have original bank statements till 13th July.

Also, please let me know how within how many day's I have to submit my visa application after taking the bank statement.

Coming to marriage relation ship, I have marriage certificate and few photos. But passport is not updated with our names.

One thing is my wife has traveled to UK twice on Tier 2 dependent visa.

Kindly do the needful, by clarifying my query.

Thanks in advance,

Govardhan.

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:25 am

Hi,
Pls submit ur application well before 13th Aug. Spouses name in passport is not mandatory. Marriage certificate, photos and wedding invite are.
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.

vgovardhan
Newly Registered

Post by vgovardhan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:10 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the information provided. I came to India yesterday and if everything goes well I am planning to submit my Tier 1 dependent application in next wee.

I have observed my bank statement showing the last transaction that I made was on 13th July.

I have requested bank to send paper statement via post till 26th July. Issue date on statement showing as 26th July, but transaction details are showing till 13th July only.

I have original statements from bank showing more than 5000 GBP balance since March 2010 to 13th July.

Also, I have taken a e-statement printout for the period of 3 months on 29th July,bank has stamped and signed by mentioning that it is a true copy.

But E-statement also showing last transaction was on 13th of July.

Unfortunately, now where in the statement is mentioned that statement period is till 26th of July.

I have requested Lloyd bank to provide a letter, they don't have any specific format other than balance.

On my request, Bank has provided a letter with stamp and signature showing that balance on 29th is XXXX (which is same as balance on 13th mentioned in original paper & E-statements).

Can you suggest me, if I can submit the same? Or any chances of getting in to trouble if I submit these bank statements.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Govardhan

jatinuk

Post by jatinuk » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:09 am

sushdmehta wrote:Since you need to apply as dependent of Tier 1 (General) migrant and the Tier 1 (General) migrant is in India, you'll need to show GBP 2800 (maintenance funds for main applicant) + GBP 1600 (maintenance funds for dependent). Therefore, a total of GBP 4400.

The amount of 2800 pounds must be held in a sole / joint account held by the main migrant (your wife) and the 1600 pounds must be held in either:

The money can be shown in bank accounts in any country (or combinations of such accounts), not an issue - but must be held / maintained in the manner explained above.

Also, I hope you are aware that to change from Tier 2 migrant to dependent of Tier 1 (General) migrant you will need to return to home country and apply for EC there.

regards
Hi Sush,

Since you above comment is from 2010, just confirming if its still the same

I am on Tier-1 Visa, & currently in London for 18 months now & want to apply for extension for me(tier-1 extension) & my wife (tire 1 dependent visa)

--------------
Regarding Fund Maintainance for my wife account,

I can show my salary account for my application,
but what about my wife's fund maintenance,
Currently we have a joint account (another account from my salary account)

Q.1 Can I show the JOINT Account for my wife's visa application
Q.2 How much I need to maintain for my wife's account, provided we are here for 18 months now

Any clarification would be really helpful

Thanks
Jatin

jatinuk

Post by jatinuk » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:30 am

jatinuk wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Since you need to apply as dependent of Tier 1 (General) migrant and the Tier 1 (General) migrant is in India, you'll need to show GBP 2800 (maintenance funds for main applicant) + GBP 1600 (maintenance funds for dependent). Therefore, a total of GBP 4400.

regards
Hi Sush,

Since you above comment is from 2010, just confirming if its still the same

I am on Tier-1 Visa, & currently in London for 18 months now & want to apply for extension for me(tier-1 extension) & my wife (tire 1 dependent visa)

--------------
Regarding Fund Maintainance for my wife account,

I can show my salary account for my application,
but what about my wife's fund maintenance,
Currently we have a joint account (another account from my salary account)

Q.1 Can I show the JOINT Account for my wife's visa application
Q.2 How much I need to maintain for my wife's account, provided we are here for 18 months now

Any clarification would be really helpful

Thanks
Jatin
Thanks a lot

I have found the answer on the post

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ight=joint

Search is great here