ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Anybody thinking of getting married to a spouse, fiance etc from some small village in Pakistan, better get their shoes on and do it fast bceause from 29/11/2010 they have to pass an English test in Pakistan.

Its either this or make sure your spouse /fiance etc have a good command of English, otherwise you may come unstuck :lol:

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:52 pm

AoA786

batleykhan I have very important discussion about my case with you can you plz talk to me on the phone for while i did send you pm few days before but you not reply so if you can plz pm me your contect no i will be appreciate that thanks.

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:00 pm

c4_2007 wrote:Just an update for everyone.

I phoned my MP's office today and explained my situation to the secreatry. I was asked to email her the details e.g name, d.ob, passport number etc.

My email was forwaded onto the UKBA and I received a reply within an hour stating:

The visa for XXXXXXX was approved for issue on 21 July at the Visa Section in the UK, which deals with settlement applications made in Pakistan. The visa will now be undergoing the printing process etc in Pakistan. The Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Pakistan where XXXX made her application will contact her once her passport is ready for collection – it will probably be a few more days.

I don't know what everyone else reads into this, but it appears the visa has been approved....
That sounds like good news, i will reserve my congratulations for when you receive official notice.

My 10th week starts tomorrow, and should I have not heard by the completion of the 12th week I will follow the same route.

Many thanks for informing us of the process you followed.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:23 pm

tasawar wrote:AoA786

batleykhan I have very important discussion about my case with you can you plz talk to me on the phone for while i did send you pm few days before but you not reply so if you can plz pm me your contect no i will be appreciate that thanks.
Pm me your phone number. I never give out my phone number to anyone, as it never stops ringing after that :wink:

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

Post by TANVIR786 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:33 pm

batleykhan wrote:Anybody thinking of getting married to a spouse, fiance etc from some small village in Pakistan, better get their shoes on and do it fast bceause from 29/11/2010 they have to pass an English test in Pakistan.

Its either this or make sure your spouse /fiance etc have a good command of English, otherwise you may come unstuck :lol:
Hi,

I am new here, but the forum is great. I have read most pages and all information much appreciated.

So this english test, will it apply to anyone applying after 29/11/2010 and when will this be official????

I am going Pakistan in October. The girl is from Faislabad and has a basic command of english. I will return to Uk after 3 weeks and InshaALLAH will apply in November 2010.

Thanks
Tanvir

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:05 pm

TANVIR786 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:Anybody thinking of getting married to a spouse, fiance etc from some small village in Pakistan, better get their shoes on and do it fast bceause from 29/11/2010 they have to pass an English test in Pakistan.

Hi,

I am new here, but the forum is great. I have read most pages and all information much appreciated.

So this english test, will it apply to anyone applying after 29/11/2010 and when will this be official????

I am going Pakistan in October. The girl is from Faislabad and has a basic command of english. I will return to Uk after 3 weeks and InshaALLAH will apply in November 2010.

Thanks
Tanvir
That is the official date when it commences. So if your wife applys on 28/11, she is exempt but if she applies on 29/11 she will have to take the English test at an approved place in Pakistan somewhere ( not known yet).

This only applys to wifes, fiance, unmarried partners etc of people settled in the UK.

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

Post by TANVIR786 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:24 pm

batleykhan wrote:
TANVIR786 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks
Tanvir
That is the official date when it commences. So if your wife applys on 28/11, she is exempt but if she applies on 29/11 she will have to take the English test at an approved place in Pakistan somewhere ( not known yet).

This only applys to wifes, fiance, unmarried partners etc of people settled in the UK.
Hi,

Thanks

So do you think they will be bringing out a new application form also???

rav4u
Newly Registered

status change

Post by rav4u » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same
status change

rav4u
Newly Registered

status change

Post by rav4u » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:41 pm

i donot receive the call but my status change.

status " Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same"

please pray for my wife visa.

thanks

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Q4sim wrote:@Navalaviator - You submitted your app a few weeks back..congratulations :) ....now its sabar time.
Yes Indeed its sabar time and i hope for a positive decision inshallah.
By the way when your wife will be submitting?

c4_2007 congratulations on your success,email message forwarded to you by your MP clearly sends out the message that you have got it!!! :)
Henah wrote:Hi never mind I just had a little try and have just been able to print them from hotmail!!
Anyway thanks for reply Navalaviator

Henah

:twisted:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Henah

Post by Henah » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Maybe this has been answered before but can i quickly ask again.... My file is nearly ready to be sent off for the visa application now.. What i want to know is how shall i present the file... can i put it in seperate plastic wallets or a folder type thing?? I know it sounds like a simple thing but can any one share how they presented thier file??

I will be most gratefull for any replies!!!

Henah

Yousafa

Re: status change

Post by Yousafa » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:09 pm

rav4u wrote:i donot receive the call but my status change.

status " Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same"

please pray for my wife visa.

thanks
You have shown remarkable patience, InshAllah your wife will have her visa issued.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: Medical Report

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:11 pm

azee_cwise wrote:Hi,
I have a quick question which is

"How long it takes to get the medical report after the test in Pakistan?"

Thanks!
Azee
Normally it takes 2 to 4 hours after the screening to get the TB test certificate on the day of the test(provided that every thing is fine and there are no medical complications in the x-ray report).

Currently the TB test appointments are pretty difficult to get in a time of 1 week(takes between 1 week to 2 weeks) and as English test has been officially announced by the UKBA so it will become much more difficult to get the TB test appointment at an early time so hurry up before the time frame to get appointment reaches a month or so.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Henah wrote:Maybe this has been answered before but can i quickly ask again.... My file is nearly ready to be sent off for the visa application now.. What i want to know is how shall i present the file... can i put it in seperate plastic wallets or a folder type thing?? I know it sounds like a simple thing but can any one share how they presented thier file??
I will be most gratefull for any replies!!!

Henah
Well forget the idea of using plastic wallets etc to present your papers as the staff at the gerry's will take out all of your docs from all such wallets and will put them in their own special plastic envelopes and will put the original and the photocopy sets finally in a Black leather bag.

Just put your all relevant documents in a single folder(use few paper clips to keep relevant sections togather as some times treasury tags are accepted and some times they are not) and present it to them and thats all.
:)

azee_cwise
Newly Registered

Re: Medical Report

Post by azee_cwise » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 pm

navalaviator wrote:
azee_cwise wrote:Hi,
I have a quick question which is

"How long it takes to get the medical report after the test in Pakistan?"

Thanks!
Azee
Normally it takes 2 to 4 hours after the screening to get the TB test certificate on the day of the test(provided that every thing is fine and there are no medical complications in the x-ray report).

Currently the TB test appointments are pretty difficult to get in a time of 1 week(takes between 1 week to 2 weeks) and as English test has been officially announced by the UKBA so it will become much more difficult to get the TB test appointment at an early time so hurry up before the time frame to get appointment reaches a month or so.
Thanks a lot!
Cheers

Henah

Post by Henah » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks Navalaviator for ure advice-il get a single file then!! :)

Henah

HAPPY23
Newly Registered

Post by HAPPY23 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:24 pm

Hello everyone

could someone please help me please, i email appeal.islamabad@fco.gov.uk and got the following response after 12 weeks waiting for passport to come back regarding appeal won on review, what does this mean? how much longer do i have to wait??

Thank you for your email of 21-07-2010 enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application has been processed and you will hear shortly from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) about how you can collect your documents. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com .

applied - 04/01/2010
refused - 25/02/2010
appeal won on further evidence - 25/04/2010
passport given in at mirpuir - 05/05/2010
email receive from appeals - 26/07/2010
waiting for passport been 12 weeks

Yours sincerely,

Visa Enquiry Desk

joe_90
Newly Registered

inspection report

Post by joe_90 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:58 am

Interesting news report

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10768163

The full report well worth reading proves what the UKBA are .....a shambles .. :oops:

http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/i ... n-reports/

too many errors made by them to list here :evil: :shock: :( :(

Yousafa

Re: inspection report

Post by Yousafa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:53 am

joe_90 wrote:Interesting news report

The full report well worth reading proves what the UKBA are .....a shambles .. :oops:

This is interesting reading, thanks for posting.

Yousafa

Re: inspection report

Post by Yousafa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:48 am

Yousafa wrote:
joe_90 wrote:Interesting news report

This is interesting reading, thanks for posting.
So i've spent the last hour or so reading this document and the summary says it all:

In conclusion, we believe the poor level of customer service provided to Pakistan settlement customers had damaged the reputation of the UK Border Agency. We believe it needs to work hard to restore faith in the services it provides to customers in Pakistan (and sponsors in the UK), while at the same time demonstrating the seriousness it attaches to protecting the UK border.

Henah

Post by Henah » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:53 am

Hi

Did ANYONE here request a letter from social security or dcc to state that they are not receiving ANY public fund and attach it in thr Visa application?????

From my research/knowledge i dnt think its neccessary but All family members cousins are stating that its a must!!!!! help..

SF786

Post by SF786 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:58 am

Henah I believe you have asked that question before and the answer as far as I know is still No
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:54 am

Very interesting indeed! Lets hope that recommendations are implemented!

Zar2009
Interesting news report

The full report well worth reading proves what the UKBA are .....a shambles ..

too many errors made by them to list here
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

HAPPY23
Newly Registered

Post by HAPPY23 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:25 pm

Hello people i got this response today, what does it mean??? please help me people

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email. We can confirm your visa has been actioned, and our partners in Islamabad are endorsing the visa. This can take up to four weeks, but due to a high volume of applications received at this time of year there might be a slight delay in receiving your documentation. The Visa Application Centre will contact you once your documents are ready for collection. If you have not been contacted within the next four weeks, please email us and we will follow this enquiry up as a matter of urgency.

Kind regards

Appeals Team Ukhub

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:46 pm

sf786 , kaidee, snipered - salams,

did you email your MPs for replies? have they/UKBA responded?