ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 General - No employment first year

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WarisAli
Newly Registered

TIER 1 General - No employment first year

Post by WarisAli » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:06 am

Dear Immigration Advisors

I have come to UK on a TIer 1 General work visa in July 2009 and unfortunately not been able to find full time employment as an IT professional or other so far.

I registered my IT consultancy company and started work as self employed IT contractor. In Feb this year I got an IT software and web contract work and I am getting more work like this. I also acting as a commission agent and exporting IT related goods and made commission on it. Resto fo the time I have survived living off my personal savings so far. I am constantly applying for jobs as well.

At time of extension of TIER 1 I know I need to show last 15 months earnings. My questions is that as a self employed person what is minimum turn over or Sales required, what amount of gross profit or net profit needs to be earned as a minimum earning for last 15 months?

thanks and best wishes
Waris

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:56 am

Read the policy guidance to understand the income bands and the corresponding points for extension applications. Whether you are employed or self-employed, there is no difference in income bands or points awarded.

regards

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:44 am

AFAIK you need to do what profession you have.. In your case IT Profession.. Importing exporting IT equipment is not one of them i suppose. It is better to check for you ...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:10 am

silverTR wrote:AFAIK you need to do what profession you have.. In your case IT Profession.. Importing exporting IT equipment is not one of them i suppose. It is better to check for you ...
Is there any documentary evidence for this? AFAIK, the UKBA doesnt care which profession you are in and what job you do as long as you qualify. The only condition is no employment as doctor in training.