ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry visa by post, been waiting for 2 weeks,what to do?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dublin2011
Newly Registered

Re-entry visa by post, been waiting for 2 weeks,what to do?

Post by Dublin2011 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:41 pm

I heard about long waiting line for re-entry visa at Burgh Quay, so I applied by post. I have sent all the documents include marriage certificate and passport of my husband with registered post which arrived to Garda on the next day.

It has been 2 weeks now. We have to travel on this Friday. I still haven't received my documents back. I'm afraid maybe they returned to the wrong address. How can I contact them? There's no email address for Re-entry visa department. If I go there, who should I talk to?

rlow68

Re: Re-entry visa by post, been waiting for 2 weeks,what to

Post by rlow68 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Dublin2011 wrote:I heard about long waiting line for re-entry visa at Burgh Quay, so I applied by post. I have sent all the documents include marriage certificate and passport of my husband with registered post which arrived to Garda on the next day.

It has been 2 weeks now. We have to travel on this Friday. I still haven't received my documents back. I'm afraid maybe they returned to the wrong address. How can I contact them? There's no email address for Re-entry visa department. If I go there, who should I talk to?
Go in to the office, it happens to my friend, on arrival he realised his passport was put aside because of a flimsey excuse, but he was able to get it sorted same day.
If he fail to visit the office, the passport will still be there till now.

Dublin2011
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin2011 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:04 pm

In order to ask for informations, do I have to go there at 2am to get the number for re-entry visa? Or I can just walk in at any times?

I think tomorrow or tonight, I will go there.

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Dublin2011 wrote:In order to ask for informations, do I have to go there at 2am to get the number for re-entry visa? Or I can just walk in at any times?

I think tomorrow or tonight, I will go there.
Go to GNIB in the morning possible b/4 9 and ask to speak to anybody in the reentry department, that it is urgent, and tell them your situation, they will look into it and find out the situation. Good luck

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:53 pm

i apllied by post few weeks back i got it after three weeks,so if u have urgency go to them with your ticket they should be able to sort it out

Dublin2011
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin2011 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Thank you everyone! Today, I finally got this re-entry visa.

I went there around 10.30. I explained my situation to the guy at the entrance. He said that now to have re-entry visa it's not 4 working days anymore. I have to wait at least 10 working days, so I should have my passport back next week. :x (Well, I'm not sure how they count '10 working days' cause I sent my passport on Tuesday 2 weeks ago.) I tried to tell him that it's urgent I need to travel on Friday, so he gave me the ticket and told me to sort this out at the counter.

I'm really surprised that there're still more tickets left at 10.30, also for 4-5 people who came later got the tickets too. I got no.205. I think they have 210 tickets to give each day.

At the counter, I provided them registered-post-receipt and my name. They managed to find my application in an envelope which was still left unopened. I finished everything around 3.15, almost 5 hours waiting!

I think if you apply by post, it would take around 3 weeks like aswadref said. Thanks God that I went there today and there's still ticket left! Without the ticket, I don't think they can do anything for me.