ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reimbursement Slip does not show Net deposited in Bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Reimbursement Slip does not show Net deposited in Bank

Post by Ankitha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:55 am

Hi All,

As part of my Employer's Variable Pay, we have been given option to opt for reimbursing Mobile Bills and opt for MealVouchers (sodexho coupons).
I opted for the above and in addition to payslip, we receive a Reimbursement Slip everymonth which includes Mealvouchers Amount around Rs.3000 which is included in the gross payment shown in the reimbursement Slip.

But (TotalMonthlyReimbursementAmount-MealVouchersAmount) is deposited to the bank and unfortunately Net deposited Amount is nowhere mentioned in the Reimbursement Slip.

Though I have got my Reimbursement Slips signed and attested by my employer, I am worried now as the Net Reimbursement Amount(deposited to bank) is not shown in the Reimbursement slip.

would it suffice If I give explanation that MealVouchers are paid by my employer in the form of sodexhos?
Did any one face the same kind of scenario? If yes, please tell me how did you go about this!
Kindly help me to take further steps
Last edited by Ankitha on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Post by Ankitha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:39 am

Can someone please suggest on this

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:08 am

You don't need to worry as long as this is part of your annual CTC and is added to your gross.

IMHO generally companies add meal vouchers as part of the CTC, so you can save on tax, and these are generally part of your gross.

However am unsure about the reimbursements on mobile bills, if that is not added as part of your CTC and hence not in gross, then am not sure if you can really claim points for them.

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Post by Ankitha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:11 am

yes both are part of ctc.

My query is that Like Payslips where Gross and Net are seperately mentioned, Reimbursement slip shows only gross amount but does not show Net Amount(totalreimbursement amount-Sodexho mealvouchers amount) ,only total reimbursemnt amount is mentioned in reimbursement payslip.

so the reimbursemnt amount(totalreimbursement amount) in reimbursement slip which is shown is not the same as the reimbursememt amount(totalreimbursement amount minus Sodexho mealvouchers) in bank statement.

is this fine?

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:40 am

My point was that they should be part of the gross in your payslips. I doubt really if the reimbursement slips will be taken into consideration.

See quote from policy guidelines,
allowances (such as accommodation, • schooling or car allowances) that form part of an applicant’s remuneration package;

We will only accept allowances as earnings if they are declared in the applicant’s payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.
So if they are part of your CTC and are in slips mentioned apart from your payslips, I assume they should be ok.

See if it is possible to get a letter from your employer stating the net payout for the period of your claim.

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Post by Ankitha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks LearningCurve!
We will only accept allowances as 126. earnings if they are declared in the applicant’s payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.
that raises the concern if only payslips are considered and reimbursement Slips would not be considered, though reimbursement amount is part of my ctc?

Getting an additional letter from my Employer is time taking job.

Till now I have been in a opinion that I can also consider 12 Reimbursemnt Slips along with 12 Payslips as they are for same months

Dont undersatnd what do now!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:47 pm

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.