ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reimbursment Slips can b considered for Prev earning?-URGENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Reimbursment Slips can b considered for Prev earning?-URGENT

Post by Ankitha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi All,

For my previous Earnings,Along with my 12months PaySlips's gross can I also consider gross from my 12 months Reimbursement Slips?

The Reimbursement Slip contain non taxable pay components(like mobile bill,broadband bill) which are part of my CTC

I got the attested payslips and attsted reimbursement Slips from my employer, and now this question has arose.

Please let me know if someone has faced the same
Last edited by Ankitha on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Post by Ankitha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi Pals,
awaiting a reply very desperately!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:45 pm

It is evident from your posts on the forum that you have not read through the policy guidance of the immigration category that you intend to apply for. As suggested before, please read the policy guidance *carefully*.

It will help you understand whether your reimbursements can be classified as earnings or not, and if they can be considered as earnings then what evidence you need to submit to support your claim.

regards

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Post by Ankitha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks for reply Mehta.

I hav been trying to open Tier1 general Policy Guidance at
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

but looks like the document is moved to archive

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Ankitha wrote:Thanks for reply Mehta.

I hav been trying to open Tier1 general Policy Guidance at
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

but looks like the document is moved to archive
http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Cost to Company is not necessarily the gross income / salary that you may use to claim points for earnings under Tier 1 (General).

A typical example is the employer contribution to your EPF, which is an intergral component of CTC but cannot be claimed as your income for Tier 1 purposes.

Likewise, it is for reimbursements. It is not necessary that reimbursements, per se, can always be included as income / earnings for Tier 1 purposes. Specially so, when such allowances are not included in the payslips but issued separately - as in your case.

1. The very use of the term "reimbursement" will raise a flag.
2. The caseworker will then question the very claim of reimbursements being part of "earnings" when these are not included in the payslips (a document that certifies the salary payout of an employed applicant).
3. Any allowances that you claim from your employer for expenses incurred by you cannot be considered as earnings.

It is important for the applicant to ascertain whether allowances paid to him/her by the employer can be considered as part of earnings or not. Also, how such allowances are termed / named in the payslips also makes a difference (e.g. - factual reimbursements termed as "allowances" and included in the payslips may be claimed as there is no way a caseworker to figure out the reality).

regards

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Post by Ankitha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks Mehta!

I hope I will find someone who has faced or currently facing this scenario!!!

buzz_dilli

Post by buzz_dilli » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Ankitha wrote:Thanks Mehta!
C'mon dude, give the person some respect. He/she has been tirelessly helping out members on this forum with their silly and intelligent questions on countless occasions!

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Post by Ankitha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi buzz_dilli,

I hope I have not answered in offensive way! Please correct me If I have

vet

Post by vet » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:15 pm

i dont think that reimbursments are accepted. see this http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... mbursement .

read the guidelines carefully . Dont take a chance. -:)

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Post by Ankitha » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Yeah Mr./Ms Vet, reimbursements are not accepted:(

But as the required points are increased recently, I have to consider my reimbursement earnings for becoming a eligible candidate to apply for Tier 1

As Mehta/aruni4470 told, one way I can think of is to get a statement from my employer which has gross(montly pay+reimbursement pay) and net mentioned in it, so that the ECO cannot catch Reimbursement word.
I have 2 challenges here:

1)I am not sure my employer would be accepting to modify my earned gross to monthlygross+reimbursement amount(as usually, gross means one apart from reimbursement) ,as per my request without using reimbursement word in the statement.

fact-Inspite of having eligibility as per prior july 19 rules where my payslips would have suficed, as my employer delayed giving me attested payslips , my visa app got delayed and I am facing such complications nw

2)though becaz of a miracle, in case my employer gives me a modified statement---> My Bank Statement has a seperate deposit with the description :reim for xyz month:(.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:51 pm

The bottomline is you can't! And definitely not with this double whammy - reimbursement slips issued separately and bank credits also showing reimbursements separately!

How do you think amended letter employer will help when the bank statements clearly shows reimbursement credits separately from salary credits?

regards

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Post by Ankitha » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:01 pm

Finally, I cant apply for Tier 1 :(

or As a Trial as my Bank Statements show the reimbursement deposit as reim for xx month but not as reimbursement for xx month, can I give a try applying for Tier 1 in case my employer agrees to provide me the intended letter?(hoping that the EC Officer wont get the term reimb)?

Apologies to requestion, but its very disappointing to realise that I am not eligible to apply for Tier1:(

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Finally, I cant apply for Tier 1

or As a Trial as my Bank Statements show the reimbursement deposit as reim for xx month but not as reimbursement for xx month, can I give a try applying for Tier 1 in case my employer agrees to provide me the intended letter?(hoping that the EC Officer wont get the term reimb)?

Apologies to requestion, but its very disappointing to realise that I am not eligible to apply for Tier1:(
What you are saying is you want to trick the Case Worker / Entry Clearance Officer into believing something that is not true. If you have read the policy guidelines "carefully", you would have read that there is a 10 year ban on people who try to do this !

Even if you were to try what you suggest, will the EC officer not wonder what 'reim' is ? Will (s)he not decide to refuse your visa because your net salary in the bank statement and the salary mentioned in your employer letter do not match ?

Best thing would be to wait for your appraisal and salary hike or move into a job that pays you to make you eligible to apply from your home country and then reapply.

Good Luck.

nitint1

So did you apply?

Post by nitint1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:35 pm

Hi Ankitha,

So, did you finally apply or not?
My case is also similar to your's I opted for reimbursements to save some tax, but looks like this backfired.. :(
Ankitha wrote:Finally, I cant apply for Tier 1 :(