ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:14 pm

HAPPY23 wrote:Hello people i got this response today, what does it mean??? please help me people

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email. We can confirm your visa has been actioned, and our partners in Islamabad are endorsing the visa. This can take up to four weeks, but due to a high volume of applications received at this time of year there might be a slight delay in receiving your documentation. The Visa Application Centre will contact you once your documents are ready for collection. If you have not been contacted within the next four weeks, please email us and we will follow this enquiry up as a matter of urgency.

Kind regards

Appeals Team Ukhub
My understanding of your situation is that you went to appeal which was allowed. Based on the wording of the email it appears as though the passport is in the process of being stamped. As they are experiencing a high volume there may be a short delay to the normal waiting time.

I hope this helps.

rav4u
Newly Registered

Wifes Visa Success !!!

Post by rav4u » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:14 pm

:D :D :D

Alhamdulillah

By the grace of Allah my wife got her passport back from lahore VAC today just about an hour ago with her visa stamped.

just some information for some people on here i had emailed for updates and was informed months back that a decision was made on the 20th of may and after speaking to my wife i have been informed that the visa was also stamped in her passport on the 20th of may so im assuming it was stamped same day as the decision was made, but obviously no explanation as to why it took so long to receive our documents back.

but good news fro people is that those that had applied on around the same date as me have been getting their docs back.

I wish and pray for all those who are waiting and going through the same nerve racking and anxious time as i did especially since my wife is 8 months pregnant, may allah bring success for everyone

Inshallah she will be flying out this thursday.

I would like to thank all those who i have been speaking to throughout the last few months and for all the well wishes and dua'as and everyone who has helped me throughout this process.

I know many people disappear after getting their succesfull results but i will defenitely be coming back to the forums and if i can help anyone in anyway with our experience then please feel free to contact me or as well as my cousin ASIF121 who prepared his own application and did my whole application for me too who is also available for any advice or help if needed.

I think the key for all people wishing to apply is just careful reserach and the right preparation even if that takes a few months just to make sure u cover everything in your application.

Just a note, we applied on the 31st of march and recieved our docs back today, so thats a total of 17 weeks

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:18 pm

RHussain07 wrote:sf786 , kaidee, snipered - salams,

did you email your MPs for replies? have they/UKBA responded?
My 10th week started today and i've started to get together all the info I need, just in case I have not heard anything. I went to my local MP's website and she has an Immigration Caseworker on her team... although i hope it won't come to that.

InshAllah we will all hear positive news soon.

Yousafa

Re: Wifes Visa Success !!!

Post by Yousafa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:11 pm

rav4u wrote::D :D :D

Alhamdulillah

By the grace of Allah my wife got her passport back from lahore VAC today just about an hour ago with her visa stamped.

just some information for some people on here i had emailed for updates and was informed months back that a decision was made on the 20th of may and after speaking to my wife i have been informed that the visa was also stamped in her passport on the 20th of may so im assuming it was stamped same day as the decision was made, but obviously no explanation as to why it took so long to receive our documents back.

but good news fro people is that those that had applied on around the same date as me have been getting their docs back.

I wish and pray for all those who are waiting and going through the same nerve racking and anxious time as i did especially since my wife is 8 months pregnant, may allah bring success for everyone

Inshallah she will be flying out this thursday.

I would like to thank all those who i have been speaking to throughout the last few months and for all the well wishes and dua'as and everyone who has helped me throughout this process.

I know many people disappear after getting their succesfull results but i will defenitely be coming back to the forums and if i can help anyone in anyway with our experience then please feel free to contact me or as well as my cousin ASIF121 who prepared his own application and did my whole application for me too who is also available for any advice or help if needed.

I think the key for all people wishing to apply is just careful reserach and the right preparation even if that takes a few months just to make sure u cover everything in your application.

Just a note, we applied on the 31st of march and recieved our docs back today, so thats a total of 17 weeks
Congratulations Rav4u.... all the best.

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:42 pm

rav4u

MashAllah TabarakAllah! Congratulations.

May Allah increase you and your family in reward for your amazing Patience.

InshAllah your wife will arrive safe very soon.
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

SF786

Post by SF786 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:18 pm

rav4u congratulations bro really happy for you :D
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

SF786

Post by SF786 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Rhussain07 I emailed my MP yesterday but no reply as of yet; just received a standard autoemail (as if I haven't had enough of them from the UKBA already! :evil:) Our 12 weeks are up this Friday :oops:

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:28 pm

SF786 wrote:Rhussain07 I emailed my MP yesterday but no reply as of yet; just received a standard autoemail (as if I haven't had enough of them from the UKBA already! :evil:) Our 12 weeks are up this Friday :oops:
SF786, I would try phoning them also.

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:42 pm

SF786 wrote:Rhussain07 I emailed my MP yesterday but no reply as of yet; just received a standard autoemail (as if I haven't had enough of them from the UKBA already! :evil:) Our 12 weeks are up this Friday :oops:
I don't know if you saw my previous post:

It is best to email the MPs secratey rather than the MP direct. That way you are likley to get a quicker response.

I would expicilty state the you would like to know If a decision has been made regarding my wife’s application and what this decision is?
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

rav4u
Newly Registered

Post by rav4u » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks to all of the above for ur comments, i just booked my wifes ticket and hope and pray she arrives safely on thursday especially in her condition, lets just hope she doesnt have too much trouble at the airport.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:59 pm

RAV4U congratulations on your success and wish you good luck :)
Very interesting indeed! Lets hope that recommendations are implemented! Zar2009

Interesting news report
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10768163
The full report well worth reading proves what the UKBA are .....a shambles ..
http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/i ... n-reports/
too many errors made by them to list here
I hope that inshallah the recommendations or whatever action they have taken or intend to take will help the Genuine visa applicants in a favourable way(quick processing and right decesions with flexible approach) and will not deprive them of what they deserve.

They above news article could be a flash point(move by anti-immigration elements to start an argument whether there should be a cap in place regarding the settlement visas) and could cause the home office to trigger consultation to cap the settlement visas and if that happens then it would be so horrible for couples and it will result in a breach of human rights.
This article will further raise in concerns in public to halt immigration and will give strength to those groups who are against the immigration.
Yes they do make unjustified decisions but at the same time it will just cause the British people to loose their trust in the visa process and it will look like that all of those people who apply are being allowed to enter and no one is being stopped and people are being allowed without scrutiny or there is no gate to stop the flood of immigrants.

Why dont they just stop all of those bogus students who dont study and dont pay any fee apart from few hundred quids each year to get extension after extension and are staying there for years without any degree or authentic certificates(apart from the fake degrees and acertificates they buy from colleges)???????????????????????????????????they only wait to complete 10 years to get ILR.No one is studying they are all working full time and to surprise there is NO one at all to investigate and to find out what all these students are doing for the last so many years and what they have studied?No one interviews them before granting extensions every year and year after year.
These people are making it difficult for the genuine people who are away from their love ones and these people are flooding in the UK and there is even no Barrier to stop them.
Normal UK university fee fo international students is around 8000 to 12000 quids per annum and around 90% of these people cant pay this much big amount.
Nothing is being done to raise any barriers to make the criteria diffcult for bogus students and to the surprise even the Pakistani government advocates all the time for relaxation in visa policy for ONLY students and this request is crammed again and again from paki officials each time the UK delegates visit pak. :x
I assume that the coming up days will bring new hurdles to make it difficult for people to even apply for a UK settlement visa and English language test is the first glimpse of the future barriers that might be implemented in the near future to make it tough for people to unite with their love ones.
Nothing seems very promising in the current climate.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:25 pm

any good news for anyone today? or any progress from MP query updates

HAPPY23
Newly Registered

Post by HAPPY23 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:35 pm

hello people of mars

i emailed my MP's secretary in birmingham with the details and she rang whoever they ring and she told me the home office said that they had stamped my wifes visa on the 22nd july and they said were just gona take time delivering to garys (gerrys). Seems they tell MP's everything straight away.

goodluck people, keep cool and remember the ice is hot

snipered

Post by snipered » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:55 pm

HAPPY23 wrote:hello people of mars

i emailed my MP's secretary in birmingham with the details and she rang whoever they ring and she told me the home office said that they had stamped my wifes visa on the 22nd july and they said were just gona take time delivering to garys (gerrys). Seems they tell MP's everything straight away.

Can i ask who you emailed? I am from Birmingham. Was it Liam Byrne?

sabeennaz
Newly Registered

Post by sabeennaz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:05 pm

i have requested for my text statements from vodafone.
I just want to be sure that i only get time and destination and number text sent and not the whole detailed message in the statements, Can all those who have received text statements from their mobile provider or those who know confirm to me if they had received just the basic details what they had asked for, or had statements showing everything they wrote in the text?

jazakAllah khair
by the way i received a call on mobile 00 , just that and it says this is screened call when i checked the call, does anyone have any idea wat that means

HAPPY23
Newly Registered

Post by HAPPY23 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:11 pm

HAPPY23 wrote:
hello people of mars

Can i ask who you emailed? I am from Birmingham. Was it Liam Byrne?

YES IT WAS LIAM BYRNE THE LITTLE WEASEL (YES IT IS TRUE HE IS CLAIMING EXPENSES FOR FOOD FOR HIS BUDGIES AND RENT FOR THEIR CAGE)

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:26 pm

AOA786

HAPPY23
what is your application submission date ? ans also tell us did UKBA contectd with your employer?

Jazak Allah Khair.

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:59 pm

tasawar wrote:AOA786

HAPPY23
what is your application submission date ? ans also tell us did UKBA contectd with your employer?

Jazak Allah Khair.
i believe it was at mirpur for visa stamping on 5/05/2010 according to an earlier post

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14 am

sabeennaz

i have requested for my text statements from vodafone.
I just want to be sure that i only get time and destination and number text sent and not the whole detailed message in the statements, Can all those who have received text statements from their mobile provider or those who know confirm to me if they had received just the basic details what they had asked for, or had statements showing everything they wrote in the text?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sabeenaz

For my husbands appeal I asked vodafone for all of my statements since we met - about 2 years worth.

There was no details of what was in the text but it showed the number, destination and the time the text was sent.

My lawyer said they are not really interested in details of whats in the text.

I also went through and highlighted all of the texts I had sent to make it easier for anybody looking through the statements.

The appeal judge wrote in the determination that this was very useful to him and I'm sure it helped us win.

Hope that helps and Good Luck
:D

SF786

Post by SF786 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:30 am

Happy23 I called my MPs secretary and she told me there is no chance in hell the visa people will tell anyone the decision before the applicant in Pakistan

She told me not to trust people on forums :x

I'm confused :?

SF786

Post by SF786 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:59 am

C4_2007 any comments on my comment above?

farahussain
Newly Registered

Post by farahussain » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:18 pm

SF786 wrote:Happy23 I called my MPs secretary and she told me there is no chance in hell the visa people will tell anyone the decision before the applicant in Pakistan

She told me not to trust people on forums :x

I'm confused :?
in the ideal world due to Data Protection Act she probably is Right, but in the realistic world we all know it doesn't work like that.....

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:19 pm

SF786 wrote:C4_2007 any comments on my comment above?
SF786 - It's a bit strange that you are being informed one thing from your MP and others are being told different. Your MP's office should at least attempt to contact them in my opinion.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:47 pm

Yousafa wrote:
SF786 wrote:C4_2007 any comments on my comment above?
SF786 - It's a bit strange that you are being informed one thing from your MP and others are being told different. Your MP's office should at least attempt to contact them in my opinion.
You will generally find that the HO or BHC normally tell an MP of any decision or outcome in a case. If visa is granted,then MP will tell you outcome but if it is not then the MP will normally say a decision is made and that the applicant will soon hear outcome.

They will never tell outcome to anybody else as the ECO guidance prohibits them from doing that.

SF786

Post by SF786 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Ok I'm worried now! Does that mean our visa has been refused? The secretary said that she will still contact them and let me know if they tell her the decision... :cry: