ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Query - Minor child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

divilak
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Query - Minor child

Post by divilak » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:46 am

Just to give some background info. I came to UK in May-2004 and received my ILR in JUl-2010. My wife came to UK in Mar-2006. My son was born in India in Dec-2007. All three of us hold ILR.

I believe I can't apply for naturalisation for my wife since she has not yet completed 5 yrs in UK.

Could you please advise whether I can apply for registration for my child as a minor(form_mn1) along with my naturalisation application.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:54 pm

As you say you received ILR in July 2010, you will only be eligible for naturalisation 1 year after which would July 2011 at which time your wife will also be eligible. Unless if you got 'backdated' ILR for HSMP JR route. you should be ok of course to apply for your daughter as well at that time.