ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Making enquiries???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mars007

Making enquiries???

Post by Mars007 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:19 am

One of my friends got married and submitted application for his spouse visa. If the British Embassy is to make enquiries, how they go about and what are they likely to enquire about. Please let me know. I know I am a bit vague but would appreciate your reply.

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Making enquiries???

Post by Chess » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:48 am

Mars007 wrote:One of my friends got married and submitted application for his spouse visa. If the British Embassy is to make enquiries, how they go about and what are they likely to enquire about. Please let me know. I know I am a bit vague but would appreciate your reply.
www.ukvisas.gov.uk may be a good starting point...
Where there is a will there is a way.

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:18 am

Thanks chess, My friend had submitted his application in 30 December 2005. Normally the British Embassy reply back after 12 weeks. He submitted all the require doucments i.e.

(1) his birth certificate
(2) Copy of the passport
(3) Emplyer's letter
(4) Payslips (3 months)
(5) P45
(6) land registery (property details)
(7) Local Authority letter about the accommodation
(8) Photos himself and his wife
(9) her passport copy
(10) her birth certificate
(11) Bank Statement (for the last 3 months)
(12) date he visited to his Mrs (Passport immigration stamp dates)

Do you think he could have included anything more?? It has taken the embassy 12 weeks and he still has not heard anything. What are they likey to be equiring?

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:58 am

My friend's spouse has been called for an interview, please let me know what sorts of questions do they ask at the interviews? Appreciated.

Mars007

Post by Mars007 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:24 pm

Does anyone ever reply on this forum??? :?:

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:54 pm

Im sure they do make some enquiries but the actual delay is more to do with the number of applications and the insufficient resource to deal with so many applications i suspect. You have to remember they are dealing with lots of applications not just yours, but there is no harm giving them a nudge to wake them up