ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business or Management Consultancy Jobs

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NakamaMBA
Newly Registered

Business or Management Consultancy Jobs

Post by NakamaMBA » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:35 am

Hi Everyboy,

I have been following the activity on these boards and am encouraged to be a member. Being a newbie in the immigration process I have couple of questions and shall appreciate if someone could help me. But before that a bit of my introduction:

I am a male Pakistani national, 42 years old, having almost 17 years of supervisory and management / consultancy experience. Early part of the professional experience includes general customer interaction, customer service and supervisory roles. The later part consists of hands-on management and consultancy work assignments.

During the professional life I have gained a lot of diverse, broad and extensive experience in the areas of Business & Management Consultancy, IT Consultancy, IT Service Management, Business Process Re-engineering, Organizational Change Management, Sales and Marketing Management, and Planning in local and multi-national environments.

I have some management diplomas from the UK and recently have completed an MBA from the Strathclyde University, Glasgow, UK (through their Bahrain center – on part time basis).

Currently I am in Saudi Arabia for the last 17 years and have applied for my Tier 1 general on 18th July 2010 through VFS Al Khobar. I have very much hopeful of getting a positive response in couple of weeks (the average time here is 3-4 weeks for the Tier 1 visa processing) and I am ready to fly sometimes early September to the UK. As of today my take home salary is almost 2800 British Pounds, the cost of living here is very low and I can save much better here than once I move to the UK. However, my motive for this move is to settle in the UK for the quality of life and to have British nationality for my kids – not saving money. Having said that Now the question ….

• I understand that the large and best management/business consultancies operate from London or the South East. But what are the current job prospects with my education/qualifications/experience? I have seen job postings and forums and there seems to be some opportunities but having NO consultancy experience in the UK puts me in the disadvantage – or would it not affect? If it does affect, how best to augment it?

Your comments and help is appreciated.

NakamaMBA

Midas
Newly Registered

Post by Midas » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:51 am

Your case looks similar to mine,please read responses on my posts,it will help you to decide about future course.I have no real job experience in UK and on hunting spree myself but i thinkBusiness process reengineering and change management are happening fields in UK so you have good chance provided whom you have been working with and on what projects.

First Job as immigrant is difficult like first time second marriage.

NakamaMBA
Newly Registered

Post by NakamaMBA » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:02 am

Thank you Midas.

I would also like to thank KP (kenfrapin) and others who have shed light on your case previously. It had enabled me to understand the situation much better.