ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Query - Sponsor's Passport Copy Notary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sharptide
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Query - Sponsor's Passport Copy Notary

Post by sharptide » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi Seniors,

Can you please help if a notary of the passport photocopies of the sponsor is sufficient
or
is it required to have the Notarised Photocopies to be APOSTILLE Certified at FCO and also embassy certfied by Indian High Commission.

Believe the application goes to UK Embassy / High commission we would not require to get them Apostille certified or Indian High commission certified.

Please advice on the above ASAP.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:37 pm

AFAIK, BHC in India has not imposed any such requirement - notarised copies of sponsor passport.

Has VFS told you / dependent of this requirement?

regards

sharptide
Newly Registered

Post by sharptide » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:AFAIK, BHC in India has not imposed any such requirement - notarised copies of sponsor passport.

Has VFS told you / dependent of this requirement?

regards
They have not specifically asked for something, but when I raised a query they mentioned you can get it certified or attested if wanted.

Which brings me to the doubt whether I should just be a notary or will it require to be certified by FCO & Indian HC?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:14 pm

Notarised, may be! FCO or Indian HC - not at all! Ask VFS sepcifically as I have my doubts that this is a requirement with BHC India.

regards