ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refusal- previous earnings not multiplied!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vizaviza
Newly Registered

Visa refusal- previous earnings not multiplied!!!

Post by vizaviza » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi everyone!

I just got my visa refusal today after applying 2 days ago.

I was awarded 40 points for age and qualification, 10 for maintenance funds and 10 for English Language. However, I was not awarded the 40 points I claimed for previous earnings since they did not multiply my earnings by 3.2 (multiplying factor for the country I come from) and the amount was (of course) too low to score any points.

This is exact refusal explanation:

The documents you have provided do not support your claim of 80 points under paragraphs 1-31 of appendix A of the Immigration rules. Specifically, you have claimed 40 points under paragraph 4 but on the basis of the documents you have provided, which include pay slips for 12 months stating you have earned 23.000 GBP, you qualify for 0 points. You have not, therefore, scored a minimum of 75 points under Appendix A, and I therefore refuse your application under paragraph 245C of the immigration rules.

Has this happened to anyone? Do you thing I should printout the part of the immigration rules with the conversion factors when submitting the administrative review? Can you tell me if I need to submit all the original documents again with the request for administrative review?

Thanks in advance for your help!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Can you explain a bit in detail, where did u apply from? Where did you earn the earnings? were you in UK while you earned these earnings etc etc

vizaviza
Newly Registered

Post by vizaviza » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:43 pm

The earnings were made outside UK, 22000 GBP for 12 months paid in local currency.

vizaviza
Newly Registered

Post by vizaviza » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:44 pm

in Bosnia & Herzegovina :-)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:07 pm

If you were in UK during those 12 months, then there is no error in the decision made.

regards

vizaviza
Newly Registered

Post by vizaviza » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:18 pm

I was not in the UK. I was working and receiving salary in Bosnia.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Assuming you had submitted evidence of earning from two independent sources (e.g. - salary slips and bank statements), then there was a mistake on the part of the ECM. Apply for administrative review explaining where the mistake has been made.

You don't need to submit any documentary evidence again (for admin. review).

regards

umtstest
Newly Registered

Post by umtstest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:46 am

Sorry to hear that. Just a question for you does immigration stamp your passport with refusal or they just sent you a seprate refusal letter

vizaviza
Newly Registered

Post by vizaviza » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:25 am

I got the GV 51- the refusal of entry clearance and I also had my last page of the passport stamped with my case number and the date of refusal. Now I suppose getting even a tourist visa for any country will not be an easy task...

This week I am going for the administrative review and it would be great if anyone here can tell me what's the best way to submit the AR- post, e-mail, fax or in person?

Thanks a lot for all your replies and wish me luck...

vizaviza
Newly Registered

Post by vizaviza » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:54 pm

AR successful- got the visa today :-) Thanks to everyone in the forum- it is probably the only place to get useful information...

FRESH001
Newly Registered

Please help

Post by FRESH001 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:01 pm

I leave in the UK and earn £1,500 every month but also earn outside the Uk as a database administrator, will the earning from the 2nd country be accepted? (Database admin can work from anywhere in the world, all I need is an active internet conectivity)
Thanks