ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

basis

Post by basis » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:25 am

Shimil wrote:Basis and FromThere2Here

Mind your language guys. Get an atitude before posting something
At no point I siad that I am doing something like cheating. It is just curiosity that how sysytem works. About me you can read my message

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=6738

FromThere2Here wrote:
basis wrote:Did not really understand the question.

And even if they dont stamp your passport the computer system of Home Office keeps a record of your arrivals based on the immigration cards you fill and handover to the IO at port of entry.

Good luck.
Basis,

I couldn't agree more with your scolding him about his plan to lie about time out of the country. It's wrong and it's stupid.

However, I'm curious about your statement that the HO keeps a computer record of our arrivals. Frankly, I doubt that's the case. Yes, we fill out the cards, but I can't imagine the HO spending money having scores of employees entering the data from the cards into a computer database. That would be a huge and costly task.

At any rate, good for you for slapping down this silly idea of cheating on a application. Cheating is the worst possible idea.
Shimil - Look at your wording first. The first post was not clear enough still I answered as much as possible in the legitimate limits. I am reproducing your post below - look at the statement in bold specifically. Please dont expect everyone to remember / know your background. In reply to that post you are making a statement which to a layman clearly shows your intent to explore whether it was possible to do wrong things without being caught.
Shimil wrote:Hi basis
May be I am not clear in my question. Yes it is true that immigration officer stamp and keep record of entering but please note that they dont for departing as I have noticed. Immigration officer rarely stamp passport when leaving UK and also in France where I reside I dont get stamped each time I leave and enter, so I mean is it possible that I stay even longer than 90 days outside UK and claim that I was in UK based on my bills for residence and electricity.
Why to ask such questions - if I had said 'yes' / 'no' what would you have done based on that? I really dont see any point - it is like asking if I have income in cash then will Inland revenue know about it? And if then you get a reply deserved for such questions then you must be ready to take them in stride.

At the same time I dont support the provocative language used by Fromtheretohere. my intent was not to slap anyone neither I am authorised to do so. As a senior member I am just following the rules of the board. The words 'slap down' etc , silly idea, cheating, stupid etc are not good - please observe restraint.

basis

Post by basis » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:28 am

mhunjn wrote:I am pretty sure (though not 100%) that the information you enter on the landing cards gets recorded on a central database. Also, when you hand over the passport to the immigration officer, they do confirm details in their system.
That's what I think mhunjn.

But the moot point is whether they do it or not if you are not on wrong side of the law why worry, fear or think about such things. Let the authorities do their job let's do our in abiding by the laws of the land.

Fibunnaci
Newly Registered

Post by Fibunnaci » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:57 am

TintinHerge wrote:Congratulations , Fibunnaci. Excellent Turn-Around time from the Home Office - They seem to be getting their act together amazingly after the long backlog of cases they had towards the end of last year(maybe bcos too many people applied at the same time to escape the Life in the UK Test ?). Well Done to them and to you , too.

Leo_Swan - Looking at the timelines of recent applications , we should expect our Approval Letter on either this Saturday or the coming Monday. Fingers Crossed.

Its amazing to see things work on a timetable - Now if only the buses on my route would take the cue !!!
Hi TintinHerge and tekaweni,

How are you guys,Sorry, could not reply any sooner.

Thanks for your kind words and know you will soon be British citizen and hope progress will be quicker.

Adding to TintinHerge point, I know HO has a good turn around time now, seems to be better than what used to do, which i learnt from the forum.

Good luck and please update us with progress.

Keep in touch, I will do as usual...it is becoming a passion to me now....Ha Ha

Catch you soon.

FromThere2Here

Post by FromThere2Here » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:04 pm

Got my naturalisation approval letter today.

Turn-around time was exactly the same as Tekaweni's -- two weeks and three days.

Of particular note is that my application could have been considered complex. I had scores of trips out of the country during the past five years (389 days), I'm currently unemployed and never filed for JSA (so no NICs recently), and the Inland Revenue mysteriously has all of my tax records under my old (temporary) National Insurance number.

Application=NCS(Wandsworth)
Date of submission or posting 9/03/2006
Post Arrived at liverpool= 17/02/2006
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of cheque = unknown
Date of receipt of acknowledgement = 13/03/2006
Date of approval= 21/03/06
Date of receipt of approval = 24/03/2006
Date of receipt of cermony invitation = included in approval letter
Cermony = public on 07/04/06
passport applied=
passport recieved =

I have to say this is amazing service. The HO is to be congratulated.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for taking the time to share their experiences. A special thanks to moderator John, who consistently weighs in with thoughtful advice and well-researched information.

Good luck to everyone.

mhunjn

Post by mhunjn » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:36 pm

Are you sure?...
FromThere2Here wrote: Date of submission or posting 9/03/2006

FromThere2Here

Post by FromThere2Here » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:58 pm

mhunjn wrote:Are you sure?...
Yup. The Royal Mail service in my neighborhood is amazing!

Thanks for the catch. It should have said 10/03/06.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:09 pm

I just thought you had a time machine and was just about to ask for tomorrow's winning lottery numbers! :roll:
John

Leo_Swan

Post by Leo_Swan » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:40 pm

Approved!!!!! :D today

Details provided:
NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre :SOUTHWARK
Date of submission or posting :09. 03. 2006
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) :5 yr stay
Date of debit of debit/credit card :14. 03. 2006
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :16. 03. 2006
Date of receipt of approval: 25.03.2006 (letter date 21.03.2006)
Date of Ceremony: 29.03.2006 (Private Ceremony)
Date of appln. for passport: 03.04.2006 (check and send)
Method used: check and send
Date of Receipt: 15.04.2006 (delivered by SMS)

Tintin did you get yours too? Lets hope so... then its a draw hehe

Thanks to everyone that helped from ILR to this far... As always this site is a little pot of gold!
Last edited by Leo_Swan on Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:12 pm

Congratulations Leo, nearly there, just the Citizenship Ceremony and passport application to do.

Your Polish other half? How long has she been in the UK? If she also going to be a British Citizen in the foreseeable future?
John

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:51 pm

Leo - You have won the battle (but not the war as we still have the race to get the Red Shiny Passport). As calculated by us , we both shud have got our Approval Letter today - You did , I havent. So I will be waiting for the postman anxiously on Monday and hope nothing has gone wrong.

Congratulations and Good Luck with the rest of the process.

mhunjn

Post by mhunjn » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:40 am

The reason I asked is that you sent the letter on 9/3, but it got to Liverpool on 17/02?... hows that possible :?:
No matter how good the Royal mail is, they can't deliver the letter before you posted it?... :roll:
FromThere2Here wrote:
mhunjn wrote:Are you sure?...
Yup. The Royal Mail service in my neighborhood is amazing!

Thanks for the catch. It should have said 10/03/06.

Leo_Swan

Post by Leo_Swan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:12 am

John,

my polish half is not bothered with a UK passport, as of yet... And she has only been here for 2 years...

I spoke to Reading Council and they might give me a private ceremony on Wednesday... Cost? £30 now that is not bad i thought.

FromThere2Here

Post by FromThere2Here » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:33 am

Leo_Swan wrote:John,

I spoke to Reading Council and they might give me a private ceremony on Wednesday... Cost? £30 now that is not bad i thought.
Leo,

Congratulations on your approval!

£30 is a good deal for a private ceremony. Kensington/Chelsea charges £120! So I'm waiting for the public one. Besides, for some reason I think it would be more fun to have this done in a group and be able to share the experience with others.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:02 pm

I spoke to Reading Council and they might give me a private ceremony on Wednesday... Cost? £30
Let's expect the £30 fee to go higher with effect from the start of next football season ..... now that Reading is be in the Premiership next season. Many congratulations about that, by the way. :lol: :D I just hope that Aston Villa survive and are therefore playing the likes of Reading and Chelsea.

Seriously, that £30 fee is good value. I just wonder why all councils cannot charge that sort of fee.
John

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 am

Received my Approval Letter today - Quite happy and excited about that.

Here is my updated timeline :
NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre :CAMDEN
Date of submission or posting :09. 03. 2006
Criteria: 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 13.03.2006
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 16.03.2006
Date of receipt of approval: 27.03.2006

Date of Ceremony:
Date of appln. for passport :
Method used :
Date of Receipt :

I havent received a letter from my local Council regarding the Ceremony date yet but might call them tomorrow to get a clear picture. Anyone knows how the scene in Wandsworth looks like ?

Leo - You beat me by 1 working day.
John - With Sunderland already down and Birmingham sure of following them ,I wud put my money on West Brom or Portsmouth to go down. Villa look safe in 16th, with their 8 point lead over West Brom, though their form has been pretty poor of late. Good Luck with the rest of the season

Everyone - Thanks a ton for sharing your experiences and your suggestions. It has indeed been quite a big help - I will be around to post the rest of my timelines and to help anyone I can.

Leo_Swan

Post by Leo_Swan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:02 am

Oh happy days Tintin :D

Sir i didnt beat you, we just both finished the race and that makes us both winners, all the best in the future.

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:30 am

Thanks Leo

Next available date in my council (Wandsworth) for a Public Ceremony is 6th May , which is a bit too far for my liking. A Private Ceremony looks more tempting, but I will have to say goodbye to 75 quid, which seems to be a rip-off compared to Reading's 30. Still debating

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:12 pm

Typical. I go away for 4 days and miss all the action - FromThere2Here, Leo_swan and Tintin all get their approval letters!

Congrats to all of you!

My ceremony date is booked for 19th April, quite a while after the approval but to my thinking its all just a matter of formality from here on so I'm not in any hurry. I may even delay applying for a passport until the biometric ones are issued as standard, unless a need to travel before then arises. Not sure.

The biggie for me was getting the approval and a ceremony date. It means I wont be affected by any rule changes the Home Office may make, like they've recently done for ILR!

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:02 pm

Just spotted this on the IND website:
Applications for Citizenship

We received a very high number of citizenship applications during October 2005. We will be processing these as quickly as possible but applicants may experience slightly longer delays than usual while we cope with this very high demand.

All applications have been entered onto our systems and acknowledgement letter have been sent. If you have not yet received an acknowledgement of your application you can contact us on...0845 010 5200. You will need to provide us with your personal details - name, address, date of birth, H.O. reference number, if available - and also date of application if possible and any RD/Special Delivery number relating to the application (if appropriate).

Once you have received an acknowledgement you can be reassured that your application will be dealt with as soon as we can. Please bear with us, we received more than four months' work in a matter of days. We do have a number of experienced teams processing applications and some people will already have received theirs back. Our previous performance was that 56% of applications were completed in 3 months and 96% in 6 months. We estimate we will be able to complete all applications received in October 05 by June 06.
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en ... ality.html

Hopefully mine will go through very quickly when I apply in July!

FromThere2Here

Post by FromThere2Here » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:56 am

Bbdivo,

Just make sure you use NCS. These last three people on this forum who used NCS (myself included) received their approval letters 17 to 19 days after filing the application!

Don't let the HO posting you quoted worry you. The average they cite appears to be dragged down by people who file by mail. NCS generally has been amazingly fast.

TintinHerge

Post by TintinHerge » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:03 pm

Even at the NCS, I was told by the helpful lady that the average time for the approval to come through is 3 months. I got mine in less than 3 weeks . So dont let the "average" bother you. Good Luck

confused1

Post by confused1 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm

Hello guys.. here's my update...

NCS or Postal : Postal through a Solicitor
Date of submission or posting :03. 10. 2005
Criteria: 5 yr stay
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 18.09.2005
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : No acknowledgement was sent to me.
Date of receipt of approval: 14.02.2006

Date of Ceremony: 1 March 06.
Date of appln. for passport : 1 March 06.
Method used : Post office check & send.
Date of Receipt : 1 April 06. Received a Biometric passport.

Good luck with your application guys :)

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:33 pm

Confused1 - did you specifically ask for a biometric passport or what? There would obviously be additional info required from the application beyond the 'standard' form, so could I ask how this happened for you?

Thanks!

confused1

Post by confused1 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:38 pm

Hey tekaweni, Nope I have just filled in a normal passport application form obtained from a local post office. All they did was just wrote to my countersign to find out whether he is really eligible to countersign my application, that's all.

I didn't requested for a Biometric/epassport either. And I haven't had any face to face interview. I think currently they picks random people and issues them the new epassport. It's looks better than the previous one with more security features. :)

mhunjn

Post by mhunjn » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:51 am

When you say it's Biometric, does it actually have a chip like the bank cards?... or is it one of the new 'digital' ones?...
Also, did they get your fingerprints and eye scan stuff?... cause that's what is meant to be in the biometric ppts.