ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval vs. Invitation Letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

melo75

Approval vs. Invitation Letter

Post by melo75 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi guys,
A quicky and silly question. Why do some people get two letters (approval then invitation) while other only get one (invitation)? I noticed most of the people who got two letters applied by post not NCS or a solicitor.

I only got an invitation letter (no approval). Is that normal?
Thanks
M

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Approval vs. Invitation Letter

Post by f2k » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:48 pm

melo75 wrote:Hi guys,
A quicky and silly question. Why do some people get two letters (approval then invitation) while other only get one (invitation)? I noticed most of the people who got two letters applied by post not NCS or a solicitor.

Thanks
M
I have noticed something similar as well. Not sure what the answer is though but it looks like if you apply by post you get approval letter (at the same time as your docs i think) then the invitation letter separately.

i applied by post almost 3 weeks ago so i hope i will have the pleasure of giving my experience to the forum

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:27 pm

it all depend on the NCS ...some NCS , you need to contact them to book the ceremony ...and some , u they will send you the ceremony invitation first ...it all depend really ...

good luck ...

melo75

Re: Approval vs. Invitation Letter

Post by melo75 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:20 am

[quote="f2k"][quote="melo75"]Hi guys,

Thanks
M[/quote]

I have noticed something similar as well. Not sure what the answer is though but it looks like if you apply by post you get approval letter (at the same time as your docs i think) then the invitation letter separately.

i applied by post almost 3 weeks ago so i hope i will have the pleasure of giving my experience to the forum[/quote]

But my understanding is that you ONLY need the invitation letter for the ceremony. Can people maybe quickly contribute whether they got approval AND invitation letter or ONLY invitation letter? Thx

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:07 pm

You only need the invitation letter i believe. I received the approval today in the post and it was only the approval letter which came with my documents (applied postal) route.

It states that

'....I am pleased to say that the applications have been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you both to attend a ceremony.....

Please note this letter is not an invitation to a ceremony. You should not contact your local authority until you have received your invitation.'

melo75

Post by melo75 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:28 pm

[quote="f2k"]You only need the invitation letter i believe. I received the approval today in the post and it was only the approval letter which came with my documents (applied postal) route.

It states that

'....I am pleased to say that the applications have been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you both to attend a ceremony.....

Please note this letter [b]is not [/b]an invitation to a ceremony. You should [b]not[/b] contact your local authority until you have received your invitation.'[/quote]

Thank you f2k. Yes it seems the invitation letter is the important one. I think you said you used the Postal route. I think they only send "approval" letters to those who use the postal route when they return their documents. The rest get a "combo" of approval+invitation in one letter.

Good luck with the rest of the process!