ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Defination of gross salary for earning points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simar

Defination of gross salary for earning points

Post by simar » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:40 am

Hi Experts,
I would like to know do the gross salary that need to be shown for past 12 months for claiming points in earning sections under the HSMP scheme
means gross pre-tax salary (CTC) inclusive of all components (monthly, annual, retiral and deferred payments).
Or only monthly gross is seen.
I am trying to get this anwser but failed so far. I try to ring to 44-114 259 4074 at the hsmp general enquiry number. After giving few options it fails to contact for in person talk.( saying busy)

regards

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:04 am

it's clear that the applicant is free to declare any and all earned income that was taxed. The figures declared for points are pre-tax figures.

simar

Post by simar » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:33 am

Hi Cosmopol,
Here is the catch. The retiral and deferred payments such as PF( provident fund) & gratuity are not taxable income as per the indian govt rules. These can be obtain either on retirement or in case person leaves the company. So taxable income to be declared in Form 16 do not include both these components. So that is the confusion.

regards

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:03 am

There is a high chance these will be viewed as additional benefits and will not qualify for earning power points. Feel free to include them, though, if you must in order to achieve the minimal score (with your explanations of why they should be considered) - what do you have to lose?

simar

Post by simar » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:06 am

Hi Cosmopol,
Thanks for sharing my concerns. Let me consider this decision of applying or waiting for some more time. As u rightly judged, without these earning points my case is weak. Both these components constitute around 400 pounds annually in my salary. After waiting for 2 more months I can get away with gratuity part ( as my salary is already increased last month) . But this PF part to get skipped I have wait for around 6-7 months. Also the pound-rupee conversion ratio is again increasing. I guess after 6 months I might find again myself in same position as now due to this conversion factor -). seems hard luck for me...

regards,

simar

Post by simar » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:02 am

Hi All,
Just to inform all potential chaps looking for getting points in the earning catagory. I got mail from WP people , The Provident Fund money will not be counted as earned money. Any retiral benefits etc are not counted towards one's income.

best of luck