ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 from Canada - Immigration lawyer/agency

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

quest2010

Tier 1 from Canada - Immigration lawyer/agency

Post by quest2010 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:48 am

Hi,

Could you please suggest me a good immigration lawyer/agency here who can help file a Tier 1 application from Canada?

Apologies if it is a redundant request.

Thanks in advance.

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi,

Any replies please?
The reason I am looking for someone to review this application is because in my friend's case, the previous employer is not ready to give the salary slips on company letterhead. They are saying that once an employee leaves the company we delete their records and have no access to any data related to them :-(

If anyone has had any experiences like this before, please suggest the best way forward.

Thanks.

quest2010

Previous Employer not attesting salary slips

Post by quest2010 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:31 pm

As I mentioned above the previous employer is not ready to provide attested salary slips saying that they delete all employee data once they leave - could you please advise if other than bank statement is there any other way I can show my funds?

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Can anyone please suggest?

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:21 pm

As I mentioned above the previous employer is not ready to provide attested salary slips saying that they delete all employee data once they leave - could you please advise if other than bank statement is there any other way I can show my funds?
In this case, you can ask them to issue a letter stating that you were their employee for that period and that you were paid XX gross and net salary for XX month.

The net figure mentioned in the letter should match the figure credited in your bank account.

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks Sir. I will try speaking to them. I don't think they are being helpful. Every time a mail is dropped to them, they come back saying we don't have any records of an ex-employee :-(

buzz_dilli

Post by buzz_dilli » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:32 pm

quest2010 wrote:Thanks Sir. I will try speaking to them. I don't think they are being helpful. Every time a mail is dropped to them, they come back saying we don't have any records of an ex-employee :-(
Hi,

Did your company not issue you a T4 for all the time that you worked for 'em? I would like to think that every company is required to maintain salary recs for their employees for certain number of years to meet CRA audit requirements. Also, depending on which province you live in, you may have access to a public agency there that might be able to help.

Hope it helps!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:39 pm

If the employer cannot issue you a letter (on company headed paper) to certify the gross and net salary paid to you in the 12 month period under consideration, and, is also not willing to stamp and sign the very payslips that he/they had issued in the past, then it may be difficult.

What is the 12 month period that you wish to use to claim for earnings?
What is the tax assessment year in Canada? Jan - Dec.?
Who issues the tax document in Canada? Employer or a govt. body?

regards

buzz_dilli

Post by buzz_dilli » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:11 pm

What is the tax assessment year in Canada? Jan - Dec.?
- This is correct for individuals.
Who issues the tax document in Canada? Employer or a govt. body?
- General practise is that the employer issues a consolidated T4 slip to the employee with the yearly earnings. the tax document AKA Notice of Assessment is issued by CRA (Canada Revenue Agency).

Hope it helps.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:30 pm

Given that tax assessment year is Jan-Dec., OP cannot use the tax document to claim earnings.

regards

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi,

My friend is on a work permit in Canada through his current emloyer.

His previous employer was an Indian employer who is not ready to give the salary slips or a letter :-(

Yes, logically a company does retain the records of an ex-employee at least for some time. It is not even 6 months since he left his last company - so is really difficult to believe the response they are giving.

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:38 pm

His current employer who has provided him work permit for Canada is fine to give salary slips and letter.

So the issue is back to an Indian employer (though a MNC)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:43 pm

Without the letter from employer / payslips in the manner specified, and because the tax document cannot be used unless the qualifying period corresponds to tax assessment period, how can the person provide two evidences(s) from independent sources?

regards

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:02 pm

I agree with you and that is the reason I was trying to find out if someone has faced a similar situation before.

He is trying to speak to his previous company HR - I will keep you posted with what they reply (if at all they do).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:39 pm

I thought you were looking for an immigration agency / consultant (or at least that's what the subject line states) and, given the facts, I wonder in what way will they be able to assist?

regards

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Yes - was just finding anyone who can suggest what can be the best way to deal with such a situation and what are the other options ?

Apologies for the incorrect subject line intially - I did edit the subject line in the post later to make it more specific though.

buzz_dilli

Post by buzz_dilli » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:02 pm

His previous employer was an Indian employer who is not ready to give the salary slips or a letter

Yes, logically a company does retain the records of an ex-employee at least for some time. It is not even 6 months since he left his last company - so is really difficult to believe the response they are giving.
This is amazingly suspicious :wink: . So did your friend ever got a T4 from this employer? BTW, your friend can always report this incident to the CRA or to a local authority depending upon the province your friend resides.

quest2010

Post by quest2010 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:25 am

Apologies for being ignorant - but what is T4?