ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa to UK from India is Taking Long time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajaykumaruk
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa to UK from India is Taking Long time

Post by ajaykumaruk » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:14 am

Hi

I Applied Settlement Visa on 02 June 2010 for my Wife to Join me in UK (Presently i am on ILR), its been nearly 5 weeks now and still no luck :(. Few of my friends who applied in British embassy chennai, Mumbai managed to get Settlement visa for their Wife in 3 to 4 weeks time. Can anyone (British citizen/ILR visa holder) tell me how much time it took for them when applied for Settlement visa for their Wife/Husband at British Embassy located in India. As per the documentation for Visa application, all documents are perfect (e.g. salary slips, bank statements, council letter, Rental aggrement etc...)

I accept that as per rules it is 12 weeks process, but many people got Settlement visa in 3 to 4 weeks, can anyone share their experience

cheers
Ajay

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:00 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40565

Read the above post and post in there if you want a response to your query

ajaykumaruk
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumaruk » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:19 am

Thanks Batleykhan for the First Link, i think it will take 2 to 3 more weeks until i hear from the Chennai Embassy. I sent few emails to Chennai embassy visa enquiry email. they Reply with bellow message always

"Dear Sir,.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Service level agreements set by the British Government State that posts have 50 working days in which to deal with settlement applications. You will have a decision by such time.

"

Applied on
02-06-2010 - Application Submitted
08-07-2010 - VFS status - application is under Process at British high comission.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:05 pm

ajaykumaruk
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumaruk » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi ALL

atlast some good news, My Wife got her Settlement visa (Chennai UK Embassy)

1: Settlement Visa Applied from Hyderabad on 02-06-2010 (Chennai UK Embassy)
2: Status Updated on VFS website on 28-07-2010 "Processed application delivered to Blue Dart on 28 Jul 2010"
3: Received Passport on 29th July 2010 (Thursday)
4: Visa was stamped on 23rd July 2010 (Friday)

Total Working days it Took : 42 working days (9th Week)

paracetamol
Newly Registered

congrats ajay

Post by paracetamol » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:36 am

hi ajay congrats!!

my application is similar to yours. applied in hybd on 16th july. Under process and forwarded to VFS chennai on 21st JUly. Still under process. My husband is sponsoring me and he has ILR like you. Mine is a pretty straight forward case like you. Can you tell me if they contacted your work place? And I noticed from your to other posts that you had friends who received it earlier than you? Where they also in the same situation?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
all the best

vas
Newly Registered

Post by vas » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:47 pm

hiii ajay can u please tell me what evidence u submit to bhc
iam from hyderabad iam holding Ilr

vas
Newly Registered

Post by vas » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:50 pm

did ur wife submit any TB CERTIFICATE b4 visa issued