ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisaiton???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

miztiah
Newly Registered

Naturalisaiton???

Post by miztiah » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:33 pm

My husband and son have got Permanent Residence and are both due to apply for naturalisation in December 2010. I have Limited Leave to remain which ends in 2013 Oct. Will I be eligible to apply for naturalisation with them at the end of the year or do I have to wait until 2013. Help please!!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:50 pm

What is your immigration status in the UK and when was the current leave issued? When did you enter UK? What was your husband's immigration category before he was granted settlement?

Difficult to answer your question without such details.

regards

miztiah
Newly Registered

Post by miztiah » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:10 pm

[quote="sushdmehta"]What is your immigration status in the UK and when was the current leave issued? When did you enter UK? What was your husband's immigration category before he was granted settlement?

Difficult to answer your question without such details.

regards[I

Thank you for the relpy. I was grunted Limited Leave to Remain (Refugee Status) in Oct 2008. I entered UK in Jun 2002. My husband was grunted Indefinite leave to Remain last Dec 2009 after claiming asylum way back in 2003. We never claimed together as we were not together then. We married early this year and have a son together (one yr old). My husband and son both have the same status and due for naturalisation in Dec 2010. So I wanted to know if i was eligible or have to wait till end of Oct 2013 when my ststus runs out...

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:36 pm

You will have to apply for indefinite leave to remain in Oct 2013, under protection route. As soon as you have received ILR, you can apply for BC. (presuming that your husband has BC on that date, and you are marriage is recognised under UK law)

malli

Post by malli » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:11 pm

hi mazitiah,

I just wanted to know who told your husband that he could applied for BC in december? reason for this Asylum cases r so complicated and its good to here how others get through.