ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview...wrong answer

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chan2020
Newly Registered

Passport Interview...wrong answer

Post by chan2020 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:10 pm

hi all, i went for my passport interview this morning, and only after the interview did i realise i gave the wrong town of birth for my dad! stupid stupid mistake on my part. i should have gone over all the information again that i put on the form before going for the interview.

the guy didn't say anything, or give any hint that i gave him the wrong name of the town

will this affect me getting my passport? has this happened to anyone else?

i know all the other information I gave was correct

any comments appreciated

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Chill out, although forgetting the town of birth of your father wont look good, they wont make a decision on just one thing. Passport interview is not a quiz that you have to score certain points to get passport. They just check if you are the person who you say you are, and you are not an imposter trying to use someone else details and papers to obtain a British passport. If they need any more clarifications, they will let you know. So just relax.

Swan

Re: Passport Interview...wrong answer

Post by Swan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:28 pm

chan2020 wrote:hi all, i went for my passport interview this morning, and only after the interview did i realise i gave the wrong town of birth for my dad! stupid stupid mistake on my part. i should have gone over all the information again that i put on the form before going for the interview.

the guy didn't say anything, or give any hint that i gave him the wrong name of the town

any comments appreciated

so any updates, did you recieve your passport at the end?
I am only asking because i went for my interview today and answered a bank account question wrong..
please let us know what happened

krimith

Post by krimith » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Swan wrote:
chan2020 wrote:hi all, i went for my passport interview this morning, and only after the interview did i realise i gave the wrong town of birth for my dad! stupid stupid mistake on my part. i should have gone over all the information again that i put on the form before going for the interview.

any comments appreciated

I am only asking because i went for my interview today and answered a bank account question wrong..
If they ask you 12-15 questioned and 2-3 was wrong so dosen't matter you recevied your passport tuesday or wednesday so no worry relax.

MrCheeks147
Newly Registered

Post by MrCheeks147 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Hello all,

I have a friend that is due to go for his Passport interview and would like to know what kinda of questions they ask....Are these questions based on what you filled out in the naturalisation (AN) form?

And also questions that relate to you credit history, household information etc?

Clarity on this will be much appreciated from people who have gone through this...

Cheers....

beeba

Post by beeba » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Swan wrote:

any comments appreciated

Hi Swan please could share your experience I mean questions asked during the interview.
Thanks

Swan

Post by Swan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:42 pm

krimith wrote:
Swan wrote:

any comments appreciated

If they ask you 12-15 questioned and 2-3 was wrong so dosen't matter you recevied your passport tuesday or wednesday so no worry relax.
Krimith thank you for putting my mind at rest, it was only that bank accounts question out of all of them.

I am going to list the questions I got asked in the interview today so people get prepared:

Personal information:
-Your name and spell it
-date of birth
- when you gave your name you specified a title, what is it?
-town and country of birth
-current address
-how long have you been at this address
-who lives with you at this address
-previous address
-mother's full name, date of birth and town of birth
-father's full name date of birth and town of birth
-parents date of mariage
-name of your husband/wife
-date of birth of husband/wife

-name of the person who signed your photograph, how you know the person, where does she work, how long have you known her for.

-date of naturalisation ceremony
-how did you send your passport application (by post or using the check and send service)
( a friend of mine was also asked how he paid for the fee)
- what documents did you provide when you sent the passport application

-what is the phone number you provided in the application
- is it a contract or a pay as you go
- what operator is it?
what is your email address?

Credit questions:
-how many bank accounts do you hold?
-do you have a joint account
-are you still paying for a piece of furniture or sth else by installements?

this is all i can remember, the interview officer was very friendly, try not to panic as you will mess it up and ask for clarification or repeating the question when unsure

Hope this helps

andreachen

Post by andreachen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:11 pm

I had my passport interview today as well. They asked me virtually the same questions, so I guess that's standard:

- spell your name
- what's your address
- when did you move there
- date and place of birth
- where abouts is your place of birth (seemed that he just wanted to check that this didn't throw me, rather than that he actually knew the answer)
- email address given on form
- phone number given on form
- mobile number given on form
- parents' names
- parents' dates and places of birth
- who filled in the application
- how did you send the application
- what did you send with the application
- how did you pay for the application
- have you received your documents back
- how did you receive them back
- which bank accounts/loans/store cards/credit agreements/mortgages do you have (I had problems remembering all :))
- do you have any joint bank accounts
- do you have a mobile phone contract
- when where you naturalised
- where did you go for the ceremony
- who signed your photo
- what is his job and where does he work
- how do you know him
- how old is he (I didn't know this)
- are you registered to vote
- who else lives at your address
- do you know their date of birth (didn't sound like you are expected to know this, maybe it was just to make up for not knowing my referees age...)

And then I had to sign on some computer pad to compare the signature. He also checked that I looked like my photo. And I noticed that he stared at me the whole time, I had read other people commenting on this before so I guess they are told to do this on purpose. Anyway, he was very friendly, so I just stared back at him and answered his questions. :)

I didn't know a couple of things and got a bit confused at others but probably ended up with the right answer (eg I couldn't quite remember how I paid for it). But since I read that they haven't actually failed anyone at these interviews yet I assume it will be fine and I expect to get my passport in a few days. :)

beeba

Post by beeba » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:55 am

@Swan and Andreachen

Great sharing and feedback...

Thanks nad Regards

melo75

Post by melo75 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:59 am

[quote="andreachen"]I had my passport interview today as well. They asked me virtually the same questions, so I guess that's standard:

- spell your name
- what's your address
- where abouts is your place of birth (seemed that he just wanted to check that this didn't throw me, rather than that he actually knew the answer)
- parents' names
- which bank accounts/loans/store cards/credit agreements/mortgages do you have (I had problems remembering all :))
- who signed your photo
- how do you know him
- do you know their date of birth (didn't sound like you are expected to know this, maybe it was just to make up for not knowing my referees age...)

And then I had to sign on some computer pad to compare the signature. He also checked that I looked like my photo. And I noticed that he stared at me the whole time, I had read other people commenting on this before so I guess they are told to do this on purpose. Anyway, he was very friendly, so I just stared back at him and answered his questions. :)

I didn't know a couple of things and got a bit confused at others but probably ended up with the right answer (eg I couldn't quite remember how I paid for it). But since I read that they haven't actually failed anyone at these interviews yet I assume it will be fine and I expect to get my passport in a few days. :)[/quote]

Thanks guys for sharing the questions. A quick query-- personal stuff like "who lives with you?" and "how many bank accounts do you have?" Are these information you disclose on your application or is this from their background checks? Thanks!

Swan

Post by Swan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:13 pm

i think they do a credit check to get info about who lives in your address and your bank accounts etc..as these were not mentioned anywhere in the applications

melo75 wrote:
andreachen wrote:I had my passport interview today as well. They asked me virtually the same questions, so I guess that's standard:

- spell your name
- what's your address
- parents' names
- who signed your photo
- how do you know him

I didn't know a couple of things and got a bit confused at others but probably ended up with the right answer (eg I couldn't quite remember how I paid for it). But since I read that they haven't actually failed anyone at these interviews yet I assume it will be fine and I expect to get my passport in a few days. :)
Thanks guys for sharing the questions. A quick query-- personal stuff like "who lives with you?" and "how many bank accounts do you have?" Are these information you disclose on your application or is this from their background checks? Thanks!

andreachen

Post by andreachen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:06 pm

This was not on the application, it must have come from credit checks and the electoral roll.

Swan

Re: Passport received

Post by Swan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:33 am

Just an update:
I recieved my passport yesterday (wednesday, 4 working days after the interview on friday), so all my worries were for nothing!
thank you for everyone who replied and helped
Swan

andreachen

Post by andreachen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:26 pm

FYI, I received my passport today as well now (interview Saturday, passport arrived Thursday).

alizarao

serious wrong question in passport interview.

Post by alizarao » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:12 am

today i got my interview. it went well except i couldn't follow one question ragrding mortgae. i thought she was asking about my house mortgage.so i replied. but infact she was asking about other mortages aswell. which i have. & i had no problem telling them all r very clear. i dont know how i made this silly mistake?

now i'm very confused how problamtic it could be?

beeba

Re: serious wrong question in passport interview.

Post by beeba » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:20 pm

alizarao wrote:today i got my interview. it went well except i couldn't follow one question ragrding mortgae. i thought she was asking about my house mortgage.so i replied. but infact she was asking about other mortages aswell. which i have. & i had no problem telling them all r very clear. i dont know how i made this silly mistake?

Hi Alizaro,

Please would you like to share other questions asked during the interview?

Thanks

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:26 pm

[quote="beeba"][quote="alizarao"]today i got my interview. it went well except i couldn't follow one question ragrding mortgae. i thought she was asking about my house mortgage.so i replied. but infact she was asking about other mortages aswell. which i have. & i had no problem telling them all r very clear. i dont know how i made this silly mistake?

now i'm very confused how problamtic it could be?[/quote]

Hi Alizaro,

Please would you like to share other questions asked during the interview?

Thanks[/quote]

questions r alomst same as above mentioned above.
yr name , spelling,
address,with full post code.
father's date of birth, place of birth, which nationalty he had when i was born.how old is he?
mother's date of birth, place of birth, which nationalty she had when i was born.
which supporting documents did u use with yr application. did u pay extra fee for safe return, did u receive them back? how did u send yr application?
which way did u pay?
when & where was yr cermony?
is it single application or grouped?
do u have kids? their age & full names.
previous address with full post code.
which phone no. i provided in the application?
email address.
r u registered with electoroll? where?
bank account
property u r living is mortgage or rented?
which provider?
then she asked probably other mortagaes but i couldn't follow her & i thought that she is talking about the same house in which we r living remortgage etc.( here i was wrong)
who lives with u (adult) his date of birth?
refree's age & where does he work? how long u know him?

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:47 pm

[quote="alizarao"]today i got my interview. it went well except i couldn't follow one question ragrding mortgae. i thought she was asking about my house mortgage.so i replied. but infact she was asking about other mortages aswell. which i have. & i had no problem telling them all r very clear. i dont know how i made this silly mistake?

just an update i got my passport yesterday.
so interview date is 17th (tuesday) got passport on 19th(thursaday)

date printed on passport is 17th. quite speedy.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:19 pm

alizarao wrote:
alizarao wrote:today i got my interview. it went well except i couldn't follow one question ragrding mortgae. i thought she was asking about my house mortgage.so i replied. but infact she was asking about other mortages aswell. which i have. & i had no problem telling them all r very clear. i dont know how i made this silly mistake?

congratulation mateeeeeeeeeeeee all the best ....i did apply for mine the 17th ..so still waiting ...hopefully next week :) finger crossed

enjoy your free movement now and have a nice day ...

by the way did u have to call them to get the reference number to book the interview or you just waited for the letter ????

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:09 pm

[quote="joelondon"][quote="alizarao"][quote="alizarao"]today i got my interview. it went well except i couldn't follow one question ragrding mortgae. i thought she was asking about my house mortgage.so i replied. but infact she was asking about other mortages aswell. which i have. & i had no problem telling them all r very clear. i dont know how i made this silly mistake?

date printed on passport is 17th. quite speedy.[/quote]

congratulation mateeeeeeeeeeeee all the best ....i did apply for mine the 17th ..so still waiting ...hopefully next week :) finger crossed

by the way did u have to call them to get the reference number to book the interview or you just waited for the letter ????[/quote]

thanks. u'll get yr documnets back with recorded delivery & will get a letter in ordinary post(same day) to book interview. then u'll call them to book interview which office suits u. i gave mine in elephant & castle. my suggation to ask again if any confusion in interview's questions. no need to hurry.best of luck.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:25 pm

alizarao wrote:
joelondon wrote:
alizarao wrote:

by the way did u have to call them to get the reference number to book the interview or you just waited for the letter ????
thanks. u'll get yr documnets back with recorded delivery & will get a letter in ordinary post(same day) to book interview. then u'll call them to book interview which office suits u. i gave mine in elephant & castle. my suggation to ask again if any confusion in interview's questions. no need to hurry.best of luck.
thank you mate , i received my letter today and i booked the interview for next friday the 27th ....so hopefully inch-Allah everything will go smooth :)

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:14 am

[quote="joelondon"][quote="alizarao"][quote="joelondon"][quote="alizarao"][quote="alizarao"]today i got my interview. it went well except i couldn't follow one question ragrding mortgae. i thought she was asking about my house mortgage.so i replied. but infact she was asking about other mortages aswell. which i have. & i had no problem telling them all r very clear. i dont know how i made this silly mistake?

date printed on passport is 17th. quite speedy.[/quote]

by the way did u have to call them to get the reference number to book the interview or you just waited for the letter ????[/quote]

thanks. u'll get yr documnets back with recorded delivery & will get a letter in ordinary post(same day) to book interview. then u'll call them to book interview which office suits u. i gave mine in elephant & castle. my suggation to ask again if any confusion in interview's questions. no need to hurry.best of luck.[/quote]

thank you mate , i received my letter today and i booked the interview for next friday the 27th ....so hopefully inch-Allah everything will go smooth :)[/quote]

good luck for yr interview.all this process is comfortable after getting appproval letter.

rikeshdangol
Newly Registered

Made One Mistake During my Student Visa interview

Post by rikeshdangol » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello Friends,
Today i gave my visa interview for UK.
The interviewer asked me when did you opened your bank account and i said 2 months but actually it was opened like 7-8 months ago. I am worried that will this effect my visa.

From Nepal.
Rikesh

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Made One Mistake During my Student Visa interview

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:25 pm

rikeshdangol wrote:Hello Friends,
Today i gave my visa interview for UK.
This thread is for UK Passport interviews taking place in the UK, for first passport.

rikeshdangol
Newly Registered

Post by rikeshdangol » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:09 pm

Even this is my first UK passport interview for UK.
And there is no UK Embassy here in Nepal.
Any help in this subject would be grateful.
Regards,
Rikesh