ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Dates

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fabio11

Citizenship Dates

Post by fabio11 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:54 am

Hi Guys,
I arrived in UK on 31st March 2006
Got my ILR on 5th March 2010
I am planning to apply for naturalization on 5th March 2011 as it will be one year then on ILR.

But I noticed that I need to be in UK exactly 5 years before my naturalization application reach UKBA.
This means I should not apply before 31st March 2011?
I want to apply ASAP due to some personal resaons.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:13 am

Unless married to a UK citizen, you need at least 5 years residence in the UK and be physically present in the UK 5 years exactly 5 years before your application reaches UKBA (and be free from immigration restrictions which you alreay are) - this means that in your case you can apply from 31s March onwards

Make sure that when you do apply that you were present in the UK on the same day but 5 years ago.

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I arrived in UK on 31st March but left UK on 1st April and finally returned on 16th June 2006.
SO I have to make sure that application reached UKBA on 31st March 2011 otherwise I have to wait till 16th June 2011.
Can someone please help me how to get naturalization without waiting for long?
Many thanks
Backer wrote:Unless married to a UK citizen, you need at least 5 years residence in the UK and be physically present in the UK 5 years exactly 5 years before your application reaches UKBA (and be free from immigration restrictions which you alreay are) - this means that in your case you can apply from 31s March onwards

Make sure that when you do apply that you were present in the UK on the same day but 5 years ago.

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Is there any possiblity i attend NCS on 31st March and send my application to UKBA by courier so it is received on 1st APril 2011?
By this way I was in UK exactly 5 years before UKBA receives my application.

beeba

Post by beeba » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:20 pm

fabio11 wrote:Is there any possiblity i attend NCS on 31st March and send my application to UKBA by courier so it is received on 1st APril 2011?
By this way I was in UK exactly 5 years before UKBA receives my application.
Yes I think you can.....

Whichever NCS you will use check with them that they send application on the same day then book your NCS appointment for 30th March 2011 (wednesday) in this case UKBA will receive your application on 31st or even 1st April.
When you book your appointment tell them clearly that when you want UKBA to receive your application before 2nd April.
And if you can afford to send your Passport then post it yourself or get your copies attested and send them.

Every NCS has their own criteria to forward the applications.

Regards

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:49 pm

The problem is that in most cases the NCS ask you not to leave the UK for a working week (at least 5 business days) after you apply to make sure that you're in the country when the application is recieved in UKBA.

beeba

Post by beeba » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:32 pm

Backer wrote:The problem is that in most cases the NCS ask you not to leave the UK for a working week (at least 5 business days) after you apply to make sure that you're in the country when the application is recieved in UKBA.
Yes thats correct because the Person should also be physically presnt in the UK on the day UKBA receive application.