ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting on ECO's Decision.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Confused and worried
Newly Registered

Waiting on ECO's Decision.

Post by Confused and worried » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:57 pm

I have a tier 1 visa and been in the UK for 5 years.My wifes dependant visa was refused on the 2nd of july on the basis that the bankstatements were photocopies when actually VFS had made a mistake and had submitted the photocopies and returned the originals. Wife wasnt aware of the requirements. Recieved an acknowledgment letter on the 16th of july saying the ECO will look into the matter and let us know soon if he will overturn the decision or else if they stick to the decision the documents will be sent to the tribunal here in the UK
I hope they turn the decision as it was a mistake by VFS and im wondering how long will it take before i get a decision from the ECO...
I wonder if anyone could help me, m sick and tired and have been through emotional hell...I just want my wife to come here

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Very unfortunate !

So does that mean in the appeal, you mentioned this and submitted the original statements ? To my understanding, you cannot submit any new documents, you can only appeal saying that a wrong decision was made on the existing documents.

If original statement has been submitted now, then there is good reason for the ECO to overturn the decision and grant you the visa.

That said, it is entirely the applicants responsibility to see what goes into the application packet and what documents are submitted to the VFS associate.

Best luck mate. Hang in there.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:56 pm

for right to refusal appeal, you can submit additional evidences .

For AR you cannot submit anything.

Confused and worried
Newly Registered

Post by Confused and worried » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:26 pm

learning curve- i do understand that the applicant must ensure they provide the right documents but it was a case where my wife submitted all the documents to VFS and she assumed that the staff there knew what they were doing. My wife was handed an envelope back with some documents which were photocopies and among which they put the original bank statements.
Aditya- My wife was given the right to appeal but as you are aware the process is such that the ECO will look once again to the reason section of the form"reason for not satisfied with the decision" and can overturn the decision or if they still think their decision is correct will send it to the tribunal here in the UK..We have received an acknowledgement letter from the embassy explaining this.
I have also not submitted any additional documents, all i did was submit the original bankstatements which was meant to have been taken by VFS at the first instance.

nasirbaig007
Newly Registered

Post by nasirbaig007 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi,

I also have a similar case and I am waiting for ECM review decision. The link below will show you my application/appeal timelines. You can get an indication of time taken for an ECM appeal from the discussion in this post.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=61042

I had submitted my appeal at BHC Delhi. Where did you submitted your appeal

Thanks,
Nasir

Confused and worried
Newly Registered

Thanks Nasir

Post by Confused and worried » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Well as my wife lives in darjeeling, they sent the details by post to the embassy in delhi. Its been more than 4 weeks and im frustrated. Kindly update as whats happenin with your case as atleast that will give me a sigh of relief that m not the only victim here...

nasirbaig007
Newly Registered

Post by nasirbaig007 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi,

My case is still with BHC Delhi. When I called them today, they told me it is still in local review.

When I hear something more I wiil update it on my main post on the link below:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/appeal ... s#22288439

Thanks,
Nasir

Confused and worried
Newly Registered

Post by Confused and worried » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:10 pm

thanks a lot nasir...much appreciated mate.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Hopefully, they shouldn't waste the court's time on this and reconsider their decision. Good luck!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Confused and worried
Newly Registered

Post by Confused and worried » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 am

thanks to you vinny mate....hopefully it does turn out positive, have got my fingers crossed.

Confused and worried
Newly Registered

phoned BHC

Post by Confused and worried » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:26 pm

After innumerous attempts i finally got to speak to a lady in BHC and asked her the status of my wife's application. At first she said its an appeal and will be sent to the tribunal here in the UK. Explained to her the actual situation wherein there has been a careless mistake by the VFS staff and i had explained that in the IAF2 form as well as sent the original bank statements. She kept me on hold for a while and came back saying that my wifes application is still in the office and the ECO has not yet had a look. Asked me to phone back next week.
I had submitted the docs on the 6/7/10 and received acknowledgement dated the 12/07 on the 26th, reason being my family lives in darjeeling town.
Im really frustrated and stressed, its been a while and all i want is my wife here, i hope the eco looks into the case and gives a positive response.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:44 pm

my case: Wife's visa got rejected on 21st July 2010. We appealed against the same on 5th August 2010 at BDHC Mumbai.

We got a letter from BDHC on 22nd August 2010 that Appeal is acknowledged and the ECM will review the documents and new evidences against the refusal decison

Today we go a letter from BDHC Mumbai , mentioning that we need to submit passport as the decision is in our favor now as my wife is qualified with a visa.

So planning to go to BDHC Mumbai to submit passport next week.

NOTE: timelines sent appeal form 5th Aug 2010. Got approval on 26th August

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi Aditya.

Have you received the passport back? I have also submitted the passport on 10 days ago as we got it through in ECM review.

I hope this can be done quickly as i think it should not take long now.

Thanks
Kunal

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:31 am

kunal parikh wrote:Hi Aditya.

Have you received the passport back? I have also submitted the passport on 10 days ago as we got it through in ECM review.

I hope this can be done quickly as i think it should not take long now.

Thanks
Kunal
from what I heard from my wife when she submitted her passport, they said anywhere between 3-4 weeks and max 5 weeks to get passport by registered post.

Hope this helps