ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS London has lost/misplaced my passport

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AJM
Newly Registered

VFS London has lost/misplaced my passport

Post by AJM » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi

I am an Indian student studying in UK. I applied for spain visa at VFS London on 15th July,2010. On 27th July,2010..they sent me a message saying my VISA has been processed and send by the thedx.co.uk and they gave me a postal reference number. I was not able to track the mail and when I called thedx, they had not received anything on my name. I called VFS helpline which is the only number available. And they are not helpful at all. They just say that it has been dispatched. And they next day they said they have wrote to the main office and they are waiting for a reply. It has been 3 days. I don't know what to do. Has anybody been in a similar situation?

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:27 pm

yes, I was in the same situation, funny enough it was the Indian Embassy in Shanghai, who "could not find my passport" and without any apology or
anything. And this was coming up to the Christmas holidays.

I rang my own Ambassador and he, in turn, rang the Indian Embassy to inquire. then the passport was located very fast.
Otherwise I would have needed an emergency passport to travel.

AJM
Newly Registered

Post by AJM » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Okie..But in this case, I do now who to contact as this is not the embassy but VFS Spain who is an outsourcing partner of the Spanish Consulate.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:59 pm

3 days seems too soon to panic, its UK postal after all.

if your passport does not turn up, you will need to contact your own Embassy sooner or later, to get a new passport or an emergency passport.

If you think it is only stuck in the post, maybe give it a little time,
but after this, if they are not helpful to you, perhaps your Embassy
needs to contact VFS, at least for official confirmation.
Also, who will pay for the new passport and associated visas etc.

AJM
Newly Registered

Post by AJM » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:03 pm

ok..I guess I will wait for a week then. I have my exams and project and I am not able to concentrate on them due to this tension !