ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending Additional Documents after submitting application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amit21
Newly Registered

Sending Additional Documents after submitting application

Post by Amit21 » Fri May 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Is it possible to send additional documents after submitting application (before application is considered)?

argus7
Wales

Re: Sending Additional Documents after submitting applicatio

Post by argus7 » Sat May 29, 2010 4:43 am

Amit21 wrote:Is it possible to send additional documents after submitting application (before application is considered)?
No don't think so.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Sat May 29, 2010 6:18 am

Amit21 wrote:Is it possible to send additional documents after submitting application (before application is considered)?
before your application is considered if HO recieves the docs they might consider but again you can't say for sure...its a risk ..kindda hit and trial here!!

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Sat May 29, 2010 7:21 am

Yes they do consider documents but if they reach them before processing starts on your application.

In my case my additional covering letter explaning mistakes was included.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun May 30, 2010 2:20 am

You can send as many documents as you want before the decision has been taken!
Goodluck.

layman

Post by layman » Mon May 31, 2010 10:52 am

[iD] wrote:You can send as many documents as you want before the decision has been taken!
apologies for repeating this question on this thread but havent got an answer on the other one.

I have seen this mentioned on the UKBA website but the acknowledgement letter says do not send any additional documents unless the case worker asks for them.

Can seniors/moderators advise please?

layman

Post by layman » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 pm

Any advise please from seniors/moderators?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:02 am

layman wrote:
[iD] wrote:You can send as many documents as you want before the decision has been taken!
apologies for repeating this question on this thread but havent got an answer on the other one.

I have seen this mentioned on the UKBA website but the acknowledgement letter says do not send any additional documents unless the case worker asks for them.

and I have seen pages saying that you can send as many docs as you want before the decision has been taken. Plus I have done that myself; sent additional docs after submitting my case.
Goodluck.

alifaroo

Post by alifaroo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:52 pm

[iD] wrote:
layman wrote:

and I have seen pages saying that you can send as many docs as you want before the decision has been taken. Plus I have done that myself; sent additional docs after submitting my case.
Hi iD and seniors,

Can I send my additional documents without home office reference number as I haven't received the acknowledgement letter yet. Payment was deducted from my account on 29th July (through cheque)
Please advise.

baggioc0263
Newly Registered

Post by baggioc0263 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Yes, you can. Before the decision is made, you can submit supplementary documents to HO. Howerver, you should not submit them until you receive the acknowledge of receipt with your reference number.

googoosan
Newly Registered

Help!

Post by googoosan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation. I have sent my application for Tier 1 on 10/03/2011. It has reached the home office, and even the payment has been deducted from my credit card.

I have sent all my supporting documentation, but have a doubt if the payslips would cause a problem. They might, as even though they were official as given by HR, they were regenerated, as my normal payslips were misplaced. I asked my HR to sign but they dont have a policy of doing that, and he said those payslips were original. We donot have any online access to payslips as employees. So, I have sent them with my application.

However, after posting the application, it occured to me that Tier 1 is closing soon, and I may be at risk... Therefore I obtained a letter from HR confirming my payments both gross and net. (I should have done this the first time! damn me...)

Now, I want to send this as additional document. I called the HO, and they said you can, but no guarantee... I asked them for a reference, but they said it would arrive in post.
Me being me, I called again and spoke to a different guy this time. He advised me to send the document asap, and that I can use the Postal reference number of my first application as the reference number. That would help them match my original set.

I am confused now. Should I send them now or wait for the reference number?

thanks,
San

manojk005

Re: Help!

Post by manojk005 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:17 pm

googoosan wrote:Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation. I have sent my application for Tier 1 on 10/03/2011. It has reached the home office, and even the payment has been deducted from my credit card.

I have sent all my supporting documentation, but have a doubt if the payslips would cause a problem. They might, as even though they were official as given by HR, they were regenerated, as my normal payslips were misplaced. I asked my HR to sign but they dont have a policy of doing that, and he said those payslips were original. We donot have any online access to payslips as employees. So, I have sent them with my application.

However, after posting the application, it occured to me that Tier 1 is closing soon, and I may be at risk... Therefore I obtained a letter from HR confirming my payments both gross and net. (I should have done this the first time! damn me...)

Now, I want to send this as additional document. I called the HO, and they said you can, but no guarantee... I asked them for a reference, but they said it would arrive in post.
Me being me, I called again and spoke to a different guy this time. He advised me to send the document asap, and that I can use the Postal reference number of my first application as the reference number. That would help them match my original set.

I am confused now. Should I send them now or wait for the reference number?

thanks,
San
It will be upto them to consider additional documents. They have considered in few cases as discussed on this board. However, In my case, they did not consider. I sent additional documents after a week of posting application by next day special delivery, which was delivered next day. I posted after receiving acknowledgement letter, which had reference number. Team making decision/caseworker received those docs after nearly 2 months of decision date and returned to me stating this fact. So chances are fifty-fifty that they will consider. There is no harm in trying. but if you send without reference number then you have to figure out how it will reach to caseworker without reference number!

googoosan
Newly Registered

Post by googoosan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:24 pm

manojk005 wrote: It will be upto them to consider additional documents. They have considered in few cases as discussed on this board. However, In my case, they did not consider. I sent additional documents after a week of posting application by next day special delivery, which was delivered next day. I posted after receiving acknowledgement letter, which had reference number. Team making decision/caseworker received those docs after nearly 2 months of decision date and returned to me stating this fact. So chances are fifty-fifty that they will consider. There is no harm in trying. but if you send without reference number then you have to figure out how it will reach to caseworker without reference number!
I just called them again, and this time the lady was helpful and told me to post it asap, with the cover letter clearly stating my details. Also she asked me to post it to the Shefield address.

Where did you post your additional documents?

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:26 pm

googoosan wrote:
manojk005 wrote: It will be upto them to consider additional documents. They have considered in few cases as discussed on this board. However, In my case, they did not consider. I sent additional documents after a week of posting application by next day special delivery, which was delivered next day. I posted after receiving acknowledgement letter, which had reference number. Team making decision/caseworker received those docs after nearly 2 months of decision date and returned to me stating this fact. So chances are fifty-fifty that they will consider. There is no harm in trying. but if you send without reference number then you have to figure out how it will reach to caseworker without reference number!
I just called them again, and this time the lady was helpful and told me to post it asap, with the cover letter clearly stating my details. Also she asked me to post it to the Shefield address.

A Shefield PO Box address, which can receive special delivery. It is probably same address. You should state all possible details like passport in your cover letter and just hope for best.

googoosan
Newly Registered

Post by googoosan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:32 pm

manojk005 wrote:
googoosan wrote:

A Shefield PO Box address, which can receive special delivery. It is probably same address. You should state all possible details like passport in your cover letter and just hope for best.
Thanks, I will do. My initial application was at Durham. Was yours too at Durham?