ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 - Sufficient points without Degree

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Tier1 - Sufficient points without Degree

Post by sonutier1 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:16 pm

Dear Friends - I can claim 80 points straightaway via my salary band. Do i still need to show original qualification documents with my application ?

Regards
Sonu

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:27 pm

Yes, you can (in any way you want to).

regards

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:54 pm

To be on safer side I would suggest you include your original qualification docs

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Post by sonutier1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:48 am

Thanks friends. But I do not possess a degree. I am claiming all my 80 pionts via salary band of 150k and above. In the absence of degree what should be my note/attachments with the application. ? For English, I will be attaching IELTS certificate with rating of 7 so that is also taken care of.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:34 pm

If you are not claiming points for qualifications, there is no need to include any degree certificate (whether you possess one or not).

Likewise, if you are not claiming points for English based on your qualification, there is no need for submitting any degree certificate. IELTS result report is all that is needed.

regards

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Post by sonutier1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Thank you SushdMehta. :) You made my day and also of the Embassy officer I guess because this must be the simplest case to Accept/deny as it has very little documentation.

Regards
Sonu

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:30 pm

sonutier1 wrote:Thank you SushdMehta. :) You made my day and also of the Embassy officer I guess because this must be the simplest case to Accept/deny as it has very little documentation.

Regards
Sonu
Yes, But be doubly sure about Allowances/ reimbursements on your payslips.

Its a touch and go!

baggioc0263
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 - Sufficient points without Degree

Post by baggioc0263 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:38 pm

sonutier1 wrote:Dear Friends - I can claim 80 points straightaway via my salary band. Do i still need to show original qualification documents with my application ?

Regards
Sonu
If you can claim 80 points in your previous earining, you don't have to claim any points in your degree catogory. it is noted that you must be scored respective 10 points in both English language and maintenance, otherwise you would be failed in your application.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:36 pm

If you are applying from outside the UK and have used multiplication factor to uplift the earnings, and want to find a job in UK after getting the visa, do consider that you need to find a job with £150K or more to qualify for extension.

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Post by sonutier1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:56 pm

I agree sir. Thats a very valid point you have brought forward. It is not a cakewalk finding that kind of job. :( ..
hsmp_1476 wrote:If you are applying from outside the UK and have used multiplication factor to uplift the earnings, and want to find a job in UK after getting the visa, do consider that you need to find a job with £150K or more to qualify for extension.

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Post by sonutier1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Everything is taxable in my payslip. No expenses repayment etc..
adityak77 wrote:
sonutier1 wrote:Thank you SushdMehta. :) You made my day and also of the Embassy officer I guess because this must be the simplest case to Accept/deny as it has very little documentation.

Regards
Sonu
Yes, But be doubly sure about Allowances/ reimbursements on your payslips.

Its a touch and go!

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Post by sonutier1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Yes Everything is clear. IELTS cleared. And Maintainence funds are clear to go.
baggioc0263 wrote:
sonutier1 wrote:Dear Friends - I can claim 80 points straightaway via my salary band. Do i still need to show original qualification documents with my application ?

Regards
Sonu
If you can claim 80 points in your previous earining, you don't have to claim any points in your degree catogory. it is noted that you must be scored respective 10 points in both English language and maintenance, otherwise you would be failed in your application.

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Post by sonutier1 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:00 pm

The only hope is that i may be able to find an employer who could sponsor my Work permit after 2 years to continue my stay in UK to be eligible for ILR
hsmp_1476 wrote:If you are applying from outside the UK and have used multiplication factor to uplift the earnings, and want to find a job in UK after getting the visa, do consider that you need to find a job with £150K or more to qualify for extension.

saptier1
Newly Registered

Post by saptier1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:01 am

Please let me know if we can include the per diems (fully taxable in employee hands) reflected on pay slips as well form 16 for the purpose of counting the earnings

Thanks

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:15 pm

sonutier1 wrote:The only hope is that i may be able to find an employer who could sponsor my Work permit after 2 years to continue my stay in UK to be eligible for ILR
I think a switch from Tier 1 to WP will break the cycle and your clock will start from the beginning. I also remember reading somewhere that WP holder wont be eligible for PR. Seniors, please confirm.

You can make that kind of money by contracting, but it is very difficult. Especially for someone who has no contracting experiencing in UK. I have seen my friends earning upto £100K in contracting, so there are definately opportunities.

cheers
Vikram

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Post by sonutier1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:24 pm

Dear Vikram,

Combination of Tier2 and Tier1 is permissible for ILR. the only exception is Intra company transfers that do not lead to ILR anymore.

Even in contracting, I need to make atleast 75 Pounds/Hr taking 172 hours into consideration to be able to make 150k and above. This is assuming there are no breaks, no illnesses, no gaps between contracts etc. Else the rate needs to be spiked up. It's going to be tough task, unless I earn some kind of a big commission on IT Sales that can add to the fixed package that I maybe earning.

I am hopeful and taking baby steps at a time. You never know rules may change in some time from now and there might be somethign else when it is time for me to apply for extension.

Regards
sonu
hsmp_1476 wrote:
sonutier1 wrote:The only hope is that i may be able to find an employer who could sponsor my Work permit after 2 years to continue my stay in UK to be eligible for ILR
I think a switch from Tier 1 to WP will break the cycle and your clock will start from the beginning. I also remember reading somewhere that WP holder wont be eligible for PR. Seniors, please confirm.

You can make that kind of money by contracting, but it is very difficult. Especially for someone who has no contracting experiencing in UK. I have seen my friends earning upto £100K in contracting, so there are definately opportunities.

cheers
Vikram

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Post by sonutier1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:22 pm

In the VAF9 form there is question about whether the spouse will join you later. If I say yes, do i have to show the funds etc at this stage of application for dependants ?

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:43 am

sonutier1 wrote:In the VAF9 form there is question about whether the spouse will join you later. If I say yes, do i have to show the funds etc at this stage of application for dependants ?
I believe,

For now, you dont have to show maintenance....
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:44 am

Regards
Sonu
BTW, what do you do man ????
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Post by sonutier1 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:02 pm

I am into IT consulting. End-to-End.
indianinworld wrote:

Regards
Sonu
BTW, what do you do man ????

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Post by sonutier1 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Dear friends,

thanks everyone who helped me over here. I got my visa for Tier 1 G.

Regards
Sonu

aaj123

Post by aaj123 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:46 pm

sonutier1 wrote:Dear Vikram,

Combination of Tier2 and Tier1 is permissible for ILR. the only exception is Intra company transfers that do not lead to ILR anymore.
Where did you get the info that Intra company transfers do not lead to ILR? This link seems to suggest that ILR is an option for those on Tier 2 ICT.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ettlement/

Please correct me if I am missing anything.

sonutier1
Newly Registered

Post by sonutier1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:39 am

You are right. I had read somewhere that the changes to immigration policy will mean that ICT will not lead to ILR. Just like they intended to increase the minimum period of 6 months to 12 months in an organization offshore for ICT qualification criteria.

Looks like ICT based ILR still stands good. But will change very soon.
aaj123 wrote:
sonutier1 wrote:Dear Vikram,

Where did you get the info that Intra company transfers do not lead to ILR? This link seems to suggest that ILR is an option for those on Tier 2 ICT.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ettlement/

Please correct me if I am missing anything.