ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:50 pm

alikhan28 wrote:
Henah wrote:Can I send an attested birth certificate or does it have to be my original one??

thanks

Birth certificate is not mandatory for applicants.

You can send orgional or attested copy.

Both would work.

Ali
If it is not mandatory then why are you suggesting they send original or a copy?????

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:54 pm

chezza100 - My wife's application has refused and I will be sending the appeal paperword on Monday, Can you please post the, application date, refusal date, hearing date etc just to have an idea what kind of time frames I should expect.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, these are our dates:

Application Date - 4th June 2009
Refusal Date - 20th August 2009
Appeal sent - 17th September 2009
Hearing Date - 1st April 2010 - I was told a 6 month wait is very lucky
Determination - 20th April 2010
Still waiting on call letter, FCO advised in progress. MP contacted - July 2010

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:57 pm

batleykhan wrote:
alikhan28 wrote:
Henah wrote:Can I send an attested birth certificate or does it have to be my original one??

thanks

Birth certificate is not mandatory for applicants.

You can send orgional or attested copy.

Both would work.

Ali
If it is not mandatory then why are you suggesting they send original or a copy?????
I am not suggesting this.I said a simple thing.

Yes I said it is not mandatory to point him that this is not required

But if he wants to send anyway then he can add either attested or orgional.

Khan you have not answered to my previous query.

Do you know Vac puts stamp or date when returning documents?

Ali

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 am

chezza100 wrote:chezza100 - My wife's application has refused and I will be sending the appeal paperword on Monday, Can you please post the, application date, refusal date, hearing date etc just to have an idea what kind of time frames I should expect.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, these are our dates:

Application Date - 4th June 2009
Refusal Date - 20th August 2009
Appeal sent - 17th September 2009
Hearing Date - 1st April 2010 - I was told a 6 month wait is very lucky
Determination - 20th April 2010
Still waiting on call letter, FCO advised in progress. MP contacted - July 2010
@Chezza100 would you confirm one thing to me.When you received your documents from Vac, did they put any date or stamp anywhere.

I am confused on this point.

Ali

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:10 am

Hi alikhan28

The only documents stamped were the documents written by the VAC such as the refusal notice.

They didn't stamp any documents that we sent.

I hope that helps.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:19 am

Khan you have not answered to my previous query.
The above post answers your query.

Your questions and answers to some of the posts seem very familiar to me?. I am just trying to think whose they sound like. Let me refresh my memory overnight :roll:

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:29 pm

Question for batleykhan!

I would like to ask? Do you know in which week do BHC contact your employer? I have seen few people have been contacted in 8th week.

I would be obliged if you could answer my question! :D
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:40 pm

Those that they check on are usually around the 7=10th week. However remember they do not check on all employers.

If you work for government office or say NHS, they do not normally check with them as they are deemed to be more reputable than say a not well known employer.

Just because they dont do a check with your employer does not neccesarily mean that your application will not be processed further

Hope this helps

snipered

Post by snipered » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:00 pm

batleykhan wrote:Those that they check on are usually around the 7=10th week. However remember they do not check on all employers.

If you work for government office or say NHS, they do not normally check with them as they are deemed to be more reputable than say a not well known employer.

Just because they dont do a check with your employer does not neccesarily mean that your application will not be processed further

Hope this helps
This was the case for me. 10 1/2 weeks and then my employer was contacted.

I think you are wrong in regards to them not contacting certain companies. From what i have seen, they will contact 99% of employees under the new rules.
I work for the NHS and i was still contacted.

NAZ786

Post by NAZ786 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:55 pm

Thanx for your reply batleykhan.

When my 12 weeks are up what would you recommend i should do and which email should i contact? because alot of people on the forum would probably like to know?
Waiting for response thank you! :D

snipered, good answer coz my brother is working for NHS too, and will be applying for his wifes settlement shortly.
When did u apply and where? and how long it's been. Thanx
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:43 pm

To: those that have contacted MPs

What email address did you provide to the MP for them to email

I'm done my 12 weeks...no employer contact.

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:55 pm

NAZ786 wrote:Thanx for your reply batleykhan.

When my 12 weeks are up what would you recommend i should do and which email should i contact? because alot of people on the forum would probably like to know?
Waiting for response thank you! :D

snipered, good answer coz my brother is working for NHS too, and will be applying for his wifes settlement shortly.
When did u apply and where? and how long it's been. Thanx
Naz786 - when did you apply? how long before yuor 12 weeks are up? mine's are up

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:01 pm

RHussain07 wrote:
NAZ786 wrote:Aoq, Rhussain07

When did you submit your application and where, and how long it's been???
WS, submitted start of May - my 12 weeks are over but nothing from BHC isB...the waiting is tough.

may ALLAH grant us our dua. ameen.

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:59 pm

RHussain07 wrote:
Your MP should have a procedure in place. Your MPs secretary should just ping an email to their contact in the UKBA and that should do the trick.

They will ask you for the applicants: name, d.o.b, passport number (doesn't harm to give the ref no).

They will also ask for the sponsors name, and address.

Hope that helps,
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:29 pm

chezza100 wrote:Hi alikhan28

The only documents stamped were the documents written by the VAC such as the refusal notice.

They didn't stamp any documents that we sent.

I did not get any idea from above comments.
How Vac can stamp refusal notice?

Documents written by Vac?

Ali

1mani_uk
Newly Registered

Post by 1mani_uk » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:52 pm

batleykhan brom Is it best to give mobile phon bill as normal or text transcript?

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:21 pm

RHussain07 wrote:To: those that have contacted MPs

I'm done my 12 weeks...no employer contact.
I gave them UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk

Today I received a copy of what was sent to UKBA by my honourable MP :lol: He also emailed a copy to BHC in Islamabad. I think the letter was sent via post to UKBA Croydon. I was impressed with the letter, well written and included every point I raised. I've got a relative flying back later this week and it would be great to get the passport back with a visa and have the missus come, it would save me a journey. Let's see how UKBA and BHC Islamabad respond... not holding my breath though :roll:
There is no ease except that which You make easy, and You make sadness, if You wish, easy

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Q4sim have you submitted your application :roll:
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Tweety
Newly Registered

Post by Tweety » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:05 pm

This was the case for me. 10 1/2 weeks and then my employer was contacted.

I think you are wrong in regards to them not contacting certain companies. From what i have seen, they will contact 99% of employees under the new rules.

I work for the NHS and i was still contacted.[/quote]

Thursday 13/05/2010 - Application submitted in Islamabad
Thursday 13/05/2010 - Application forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Tuesday 25/05/2010 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tuesday 13/07/2010 - Emailed embassy they replied it is being processed & decision will be made shortly
Monday 26/07/2010 - HR contacted (NHS)
Friday 30/07/2010 – MP has sent an email still waiting 4 a positive reply Inshallah

In my case they contacted my husband’s HR dept after 10 and half weeks later. Our 12 weeks are completing on 5th of August 2010. I know this is tough time for all of us but inshallah we all will get a positive reply. Please remember us in your pray :)

dr in distress

Post by dr in distress » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:31 pm

@tweety and snippered are you providing nhs accomodation documents?i will be submitting hospital accomodation documents.are tenency aggrement and hospitals accomodation officer letter enough for proof of address? nhs pays all bills and we use skype to communicate so no phone bills.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:38 pm

1mani_uk wrote:batleykhan brom Is it best to give mobile phon bill as normal or text transcript?
Normal is better. I dont know what and how text transcript looks like :lol:

Tweety
Newly Registered

Post by Tweety » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:23 am

dr in distress wrote:@tweety and snippered are you providing nhs accomodation documents?i will be submitting hospital accomodation documents.are tenency aggrement and hospitals accomodation officer letter enough for proof of address? nhs pays all bills and we use skype to communicate so no phone bills.
Fortunately snippered is my husband :D he is living with his parents so i think Batley khan can help u on this. Personally i think tenency aggrement and hospitals accomodation officer letter will be enough for proof of address.

As far as skpe is concerned you can save chat, calling history and emails u send to each other and print them off. Try to gather as many proof as you can it will make your case strong. We actually printed off our txt msgs, msn chattin, emails, 2 diff company phone bills and facebook. I hope this help :roll:

snipered

Post by snipered » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:30 am

dr in distress wrote:@tweety and snippered are you providing nhs accomodation documents?i will be submitting hospital accomodation documents.are tenency aggrement and hospitals accomodation officer letter enough for proof of address? nhs pays all bills and we use skype to communicate so no phone bills.
My advice to you is to get a phone regardless of the cost. Dont use phone cards. I realise you talk on skype, so do we, but as proof- its virtually non existant unless you get software to record video...but embassy will not except any cd or anything. They dont have time to see this.

I realise that the costs can be alot, but its something you have to put up with. Normally my bill on o2 is around £80 calling my wife. Then "20 -30 on lyca a month. Has been as high as 200 for o2. This month its at over a 100. This is just something you have to show in my opinion.
Applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Passport Recieved with Visa - 8 Sept 2010

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:00 am

snipered wrote:
My advice to you is to get a phone regardless of the cost. Dont use phone cards. I realise you talk on skype, so do we, but as proof- its virtually non existant unless you get software to record video...but embassy will not except any cd or anything. They dont have time to see this.

I realise that the costs can be alot, but its something you have to put up with. Normally my bill on o2 is around £80 calling my wife. Then "20 -30 on lyca a month. Has been as high as 200 for o2. This month its at over a 100. This is just something you have to show in my opinion.
I second that advice.

Skype, calling cards, internet chat, or anyone who gives you itemised bills via you email is asking for trouble (in my opinion).

Best to pay a bit extra a get original itemised bills straight form the service provider.

I myself got a t-mobile sim-only deal which was for £20 a month and had 200 free international minutes (incl. Pakistan). They have unfortuntley stopped this offer however they recently started some deals again:

see link:

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/sim-only/tariffs/

I think with the sim-only packages you have an opition to add a booste. If you add "EU and Australasia talk" you get 60 minutes of free talk which includes Pakistan. You can increase the booster by paying £5 extra i think :lol:

Don't take my word for it, ask the guys at t-mobile (I don't get paid any commission by the way, but maybe i should!). The reception is usually best in the mornings.

whatever you decide with make sure the provider (i.e t-mobie, bt, o2 etc) send itemised bills (they usually charge £2 to 3 for itemised bills) printed to your home address. (not via email). This will ensure the authenticty is verifiable.

with the sim-only contracts you can cancel the deal within 30 days as well
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

Henah

Post by Henah » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:44 am

''I realise that the costs can be alot, but its something you have to put up with. Normally my bill on o2 is around £80 calling my wife. Then "20 -30 on lyca a month. Has been as high as 200 for o2. This month its at over a 100. This is just something you have to show in my opinion.''

Snipered did u print out ure lyco phone bill direct from the website?