ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse/Settlement applications - BHC India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:02 am

Congrats akhila and ajay!!! Great news. You guys must be overjoyed :D

I think I'm going to do the x-ray scan here itself and carry it with me.

What exactly do I have to ask the hospital for? A chest x-ray? TB test? :?

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:42 am

hi ajay and akhila congrats!!

my application is similar to yours. applied in hybd on 16th july. Under process and forwarded to VFS chennai on 21st JUly. Still under process. My husband is sponsoring me and he has ILR like you. Mine is a pretty straight forward case like you. Can you tell me if they contacted your work place? And I noticed from your to other posts that you had friends who received it earlier than you? Were they also in the same situation?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
all the best :roll:

ajaykumaruk
Newly Registered

Post by ajaykumaruk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Paracetomol

Employers are not contacted at all, no matter how straight forward the case is, on and average 80% chances of getting it after 35 to 45 working days. I dont know whether they do it deliberately. still 20% chances still there to get it early

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:39 am

hi ajay
thanks for the reply. Yes...it seems odd why they take so long to check through the documents.

Anyway,
take care

herohiralal
Newly Registered

Mumbai Processing Time

Post by herohiralal » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Hello All,

Any experiences of processing times in Mumbai ?

Thanks

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:43 am

processing times in mumbai seem to be taking the same long time. I heard it depends if your case is complicated like divorce/overstaying/job etc

Is your case straightforward?

sunny2010
Newly Registered

Post by sunny2010 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:41 pm

hi people

just a quick question after reading all messages on this thread

my wifes visa is under process at bhc mumbai but after reading some of your messages she has not been told to nor has been sent any medical test documents.

are these medical tests compulsory when applyin for settlement visa?
or do we have to do these tests if asked by the BHC to do so?

please advice
thank you

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:34 am

hi... Medical Health checkups or TB certificate should only be done if they ask for it at the time when they tell you that your visa is granted. If your visa is refused they won't ask for it obviously.

However, for those people who have not been asked for a TB check up after being granted a visa....they are still being cautious and taking an xray which they might check ask for when you arrive in UK.

So, basically no need to do anything till you get granted the visa.

When did your wife apply in MUMBAI? And how long did they say it will take. I applied on the 16th of JULY and still no news !!!

sunny2010
Newly Registered

Post by sunny2010 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:37 pm

paracetamol wrote:hi... Medical Health checkups or TB certificate should only be done if they ask for it at the time when they tell you that your visa is granted. If your visa is refused they won't ask for it obviously.

However, for those people who have not been asked for a TB check up after being granted a visa....they are still being cautious and taking an xray which they might check ask for when you arrive in UK.

When did your wife apply in MUMBAI? And how long did they say it will take. I applied on the 16th of JULY and still no news !!!
hey paracetamol
thanks for reply, i submitted mine in june 7th onwards and they said can take upto 12 weeks and some cases 16weeks. apparently its taking time because of new regulations in uk about immigration being updated and so, or ECO being lazy.

just another question for any one who may know is £20,000 of savings enough to sponser wife on a uk settlement visa? or would i need more. also i dont pay rent because i live with my parents is that ok or will the ECO make a fuss that i dont own or rent my own property?

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:39 pm

hi sunny,
As long as you show that you are working and money is coming in and out of your account on your bank statements it is not a problem. The problem with having a huge savings account is that you should be able to explain it as they might dig into how and where you got loads of money. More than 20,000 would be unnecessary.
Just make sure that you don't have huge sums being deposited which is a lot of mistakes people do. They borrow money from friends and relatives and deposit it. That acts as a negative point.
The BHC is more bothered that you are not depending on them for benefits. Their other concern is the accomodation issue. You should be showing that you are paying rents regularly. If you are living with your parents you should have a letter from them stating that you are living with them rent free. YOu should then provide all of their information such as council tax, morgage papers/rent receipts, utility bills etc. Also state how many people are living in the house etc.

HOpe this was helpful.

sunny2010
Newly Registered

Post by sunny2010 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:50 pm

paracetamol wrote:hi sunny,
As long as you show that you are working and money is coming in and out of your account on your bank statements it is not a problem. The problem with having a huge savings account is that you should be able to explain it as they might dig into how and where you got loads of money. More than 20,000 would be unnecessary.
Just make sure that you don't have huge sums being deposited which is a lot of mistakes people do. They borrow money from friends and relatives and deposit it. That acts as a negative point.
The BHC is more bothered that you are not depending on them for benefits. Their other concern is the accomodation issue. You should be showing that you are paying rents regularly. If you are living with your parents you should have a letter from them stating that you are living with them rent free. YOu should then provide all of their information such as council tax, morgage papers/rent receipts, utility bills etc. Also state how many people are living in the house etc.

HOpe this was helpful.
i havent put in a lump sum randomly however i have been saving up for 3 years and that has been clearly shown in the statements of money deposits from bank transfers and so. yeh i have done that got my parents to write a letter stating that and that its ok for me and wife to live with them.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:23 pm

paracetamol wrote:hi... Medical Health checkups or TB certificate should only be done if they ask for it at the time when they tell you that your visa is granted. If your visa is refused they won't ask for it obviously.

TB tests are not required of Indian applicants.Only certain countries requires this test. Both Ban/Pak requires them but not India :wink:

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:49 am

Thanks Batleykhan,
Do you also know if they process the applications in india itself or do they send the applications to UK because I have been reading a lot about MP's involvement etc? Does that apply in India as well?

Do they always call the employer as well because mine hasn't bee notified as yet?

thank you for your help

aminehmoh

Post by aminehmoh » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:30 am

Hi we just got granted a fiance visa... there were a medical form in a envelope in... can somebody tell us how to go about doing a medical x
Fiancé returning to UK 18/08/2010!!!
Visa Collected and Visa ISSUED 12/08/2010
Applied for Fiancé Visa on 04/05/2010

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:57 am

paracetamol wrote:Thanks Batleykhan,
Do you also know if they process the applications in india itself or do they send the applications to UK because I have been reading a lot about MP's involvement etc? Does that apply in India as well?

Do they always call the employer as well because mine hasn't bee notified as yet?

thank you for your help
All Indian applications are dealt with in India itself. Only Pakistani applications are dealt with in London.

If there has been a lenghthy delay in your application, there is no harm asking your local MP in UK to write on your behalf asking for progress. If you are going to do that then make sure that the average waiting time it takes to deal with an application has passed, otherwise the MP will not write on your behalf.

As far as as ringing your employers, they dont always ring to check up, but they are withn their rights to do it if they want

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:02 pm

akhila wrote:
batleykhan wrote:Congartulation on your success Akhila. I am very happy for you. At last you have made it. Hope to see you in UK :D :D :D
Hello uncle..I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you personally for all the time you spent with me...I’d like to express my infinite gratitude to you, …. Thank you for all the help you have given me with my visa. I especially appreciate the information and advice you have provided, and the covering letter you have shared with me. Your assistance has been invaluable to me during this process....Again, thank you so much. I greatly appreciate your generosity :D :D
Thank you Akhila for your kinds word. Its the least i could have done for you :wink:

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:19 pm

:o oh o.k. thanks batleykhan for clearing that up.

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:02 am

batleykhan wrote:

TB tests are not required of Indian applicants.Only certain countries requires this test. Both Ban/Pak requires them but not India :wink:

akhila
Newly Registered

Post by akhila » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:07 pm

hi all
reached to uk .no need any kind of tests...!!
just carry marriage certificate ..immigration people will ask abt this in the airport uk..

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:54 am

thanks akhila for the information....wonder why they want to see a marriage certificate again even though they gave the spouse visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the best :o

aminehmoh

Post by aminehmoh » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:21 am

Hi my finance returns to UK from India on Weds.

He received a envelope that says medical on it... Wat shall we do x
Fiancé returning to UK 18/08/2010!!!
Visa Collected and Visa ISSUED 12/08/2010
Applied for Fiancé Visa on 04/05/2010

pancake
Newly Registered

Post by pancake » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi guys,

My hubby submitted the spouse visa application on 20th August in Delhi, India. So the final countdown has begun. Its only been 2 days...i don't know how i'm going to wait like 12 weeks. Its so hard.

Anyway, i'd really like to share experiences with anyone else who has applied from India.

If anyone needs some guidance on the documents then feel free to ask.

Pancake...

paracetamol
Newly Registered

Post by paracetamol » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:54 am

hi pancake,
I have also applied in india/chennai for spouse visa. I have now completed only 5weeks. Time is dragging and everything is in slow motion. It is really difficult not knowing when we will get the visa and that to if we will get it after all this time. Some people in India have gotten it in 8/9 weeks so there is some hope. Stay in touch as they are not too many people applying from India on the forum.

all the best :cry: :cry: :cry:

chilly9876
Newly Registered

Post by chilly9876 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Applied in Mumbai: 13/08
Visa Type: Spouse Visa
Current status: 24/08- Sent to BHC

Should i be worried that 11 days later it still doesnt say in process?

bhaz
Newly Registered

Post by bhaz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Not sure, my wife's status changed to in process on a Sunday, so you should expect an update soon even if its not accurate.

Just to update this forum, my wives status changed to medical letter in transit. So relieved, it has been 2 and a half months of in process and unbelievable tension!

24/08/2010 - medical letter in transit
(Bhc delhi)