ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Supporting Documents-- Urgent question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

melo75

Passport Application Supporting Documents-- Urgent question

Post by melo75 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:57 am

Hi guys,

Quick question. In the supporting documents section on the IPS website it states:

[b]If you were born outside the UK and have a certificate of naturalisation or registration from the Home Office
In this case IPS needs two documents:

your naturalisation or registration certificate
your UK national identity card or the passport on which you entered the UK[/b]

Now my question is: The passport I entered the UK on is my old passport (which I have), so do I also need to send my current passport? Anyone else has been in this situation? All answers greatly appreciated.
Thanks
M

andreachen

Post by andreachen » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:35 pm

I only sent the naturalisation certificate and my current (forgeign) passport. This is not the passport I entered the country with since that was 20 years ago and I don't have it anymore anyway.

I received my passport so I guess that was ok.

erutku
Newly Registered

Post by erutku » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:35 pm

andreachen wrote:I only sent the naturalisation certificate and my current (forgeign) passport. This is not the passport I entered the country with since that was 20 years ago and I don't have it anymore anyway.

I received my passport so I guess that was ok.
---------
Hi Andreachen,
when did you receive your passport? how long do you wait to receive your documents after submittin?
cheers,

melo75

Post by melo75 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:36 pm

[quote="andreachen"]I only sent the naturalisation certificate and my current (forgeign) passport. This is not the passport I entered the country with since that was 20 years ago and I don't have it anymore anyway.

I received my passport so I guess that was ok.[/quote]

Thank you andreachen. One more question guys please. In section 4 of the application it states:

[b]If both parents were born after 31 December 1982, or were born outside the UK, in section 8 of the application form you must give either:
l the full name, town, country of birth and date of marriage of your mother’s parents and your father’s parents; or
l details of your parents’ claim to British nationality[/b]

My parents can not remember their parent's wedding date!!! Not surprisingly since this was in the 1930s and 1940s!!

Have any of you guys been in this situation? What did you write in that section??

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
M

andreachen

Post by andreachen » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:38 pm

I can't remember exactly but it was quite quick, I think I received my documents back after about 10 days, and I could have made an appointment for the interview within 2 days after that, but I did it a week later since that was better for me, the passport arrived 4 working days after the interview.

I also wondered about the details of my grandparents but since I didn't even know their full names, let alone birth dates and marriage dates, I left them all out altogether and only filled in my parents' names and birth dates, plus I only guessed my parents' marriage date since I couldn't get hold of them to ask. Since I didn't claim British citizenship from my parents I assumed it didn't really matter anyway. I guess it's different if your citizenship is claimed from your parents being British, in my case I was naturalised anyway, so my family doesn't really come into it.

Anyway, they didn't ask for any more details, and in the interview they only asked me about my parents' details and I answered with the same dates as I had filled in on the form, and nobody questioned any of this and I got my passport without problems.

Hope this helps.

melo75

Post by melo75 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:29 am

[quote="andreachen"]I can't remember exactly but it was quite quick, I think I received my documents back after about 10 days, and I could have made an appointment for the interview within 2 days after that, but I did it a week later since that was better for me, the passport arrived 4 working days after the interview.

I also wondered about the details of my grandparents but since I didn't even know their full names, let alone birth dates and marriage dates, I left them all out altogether and only filled in my parents' names and birth dates, plus I only guessed my parents' marriage date since I couldn't get hold of them to ask. Since I didn't claim British citizenship from my parents I assumed it didn't really matter anyway. I guess it's different if your citizenship is claimed from your parents being British, in my case I was naturalised anyway, so my family doesn't really come into it.

Anyway, they didn't ask for any more details, and in the interview they only asked me about my parents' details and I answered with the same dates as I had filled in on the form, and nobody questioned any of this and I got my passport without problems.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Thank you very much andreachen!! Thats helpful!

Any other readers had similar experiences?