ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need a little advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MisfitMeL

Need a little advice

Post by MisfitMeL » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi folks!

Ok here is my plan... :lol:

1. I have a fiance visa. I travel to UK and then I get married in a simple civil ceremony.
2. We start paperwork on my spouse visa and also start making arrangements for our "actual" reception. It gives us enough time to make plans and ensure everyone is able to be there, including my mum since she has to get a visit visa.

Will this work? Can I start the process for my spouse visa first while simultaneously making arrangements for like a proper party for friends?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:37 pm

No reason why not - providing you're confident that there's no reason for them to refuse the FLR(M).

M.

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Cheers MPH80!

I don't see why they should refuse if we have the marriage cert and my sponsor's financial docs. From what I've gathered by skimming through the FLR(M) those two seem like the most important ones.

Thanks for setting my mind at ease! :D