ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query related to tier 2 attributes

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sara1
Newly Registered

query related to tier 2 attributes

Post by sara1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:20 pm

hello all members
i wanted to ask all of you that by mistake i did not claim points for my qualifications and prospective earnings.
i have applied for tier 2. i thought that overall 50 is needed minimum and in that misunderstanding i jus claimed 50 points overall
but i have attached my qualification degree and also the prospective earnings evidence and it has also been mentioned in my COS.
will that help me or it has chances to get refused
please guys help me

seether

Get Advice and Stay Calm

Post by seether » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:53 pm

The best short term thing to do is to ask an immigration solicitor via email or appointment (average charge is £60 an hour). I made an even scarier error as a work permit holder by not ticking transition instead of extension of tier 2 and am dreading any parcels arriving at my address. I contacted several solicitors/consultants with varying responses but it has been reassuring (psycologically). Bottom line is that (without stating the obvious) it depends on the caseworker and whether they exercise discretion or not. The key is the evidence, if you submitted all the evidence needed that will be a big plus. I know exactly how you are feeling /starting to feel and i wish you the very best. Just stay calm (easy for me to say) listen to as many opinions (forum/immigration consultants) and eventually you will arrive at what to do next.

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you no where (easy for me to say). :wink:

sara1
Newly Registered

Post by sara1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:56 pm

thanx seether it was encouraging..
i have tried contacted many immigration lawyers through email and asking online
they are giving me different answers. few says it has high chances of refusal few says it will be fine and depends on the case worker
it has been more than 2 months since i have applied and everytime i satsify myself that rejection would not have taken so long

seether

Post by seether » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Yeah i have had a similar response varying from the positive to the . I have been waiting for 5 weeks (torture) since biometrics. The only consolation is that if worse comes to worse and it is refused, and appeal rights are given (provided if leave to remain has expired) then there is always a chance. Sometimes verification checks can take long if they cannot get concrete feedback on time and often give the institution/embassy 4 weeks to respond. There has been quite a few people approved after 8 weeks of waiting so we'll see what happens. Let us just hope our caseworkers dont read the Sun or the Daily Mail every morning. They are scary, you can smell the ignorance from accross the street. :wink:

sara1
Newly Registered

Post by sara1 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:00 pm

yeah seether u r right
all the best to us
can any other member please shed some light on my query