ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Naturalisation for 2 Children same time-

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamil05

Applying Naturalisation for 2 Children same time-

Post by jamil05 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:15 pm

I have just been granted Settlement and planning to apply for naturalisation for our 2 boys, all born in UK.

My question is: Do we pay double fees or one fee will cover them both? The application form has only space for 1 child. This means 2 application forms will be sent

Been seaching UKBA website but couldnt find this information.

beeba

Re: Applying Naturalisation for 2 Children same time-

Post by beeba » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:07 pm

jamil05 wrote:I have just been granted Settlement and planning to apply for naturalisation for our 2 boys, all born in UK.

My question is: Do we pay double fees or one fee will cover them both? The application form has only space for 1 child. This means 2 application forms will be sent

Been seaching UKBA website but couldnt find this information.
As you got your Settlement now and Children born in the UK so assuming they are under 18, then you need to Register them.
First child fee is £470 and plus £97 for each additional child.
I think you need to fill 2 separate MN1 forms (if going for registeration) but you can fill 1 fee form.

<<http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ying/cost/>>

jamil05

Post by jamil05 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:23 pm

sorry guys this is all new to me. Thanks for the link above, it clearly states the fees.

The children are 5 and 1 years old. So they only need registration without naturalisation? or its one and the same thing?

beeba

Post by beeba » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:34 pm

jamil05 wrote:sorry guys this is all new to me. Thanks for the link above, it clearly states the fees.

The children are 5 and 1 years old. So they only need registration without naturalisation? or its one and the same thing?
After successful Registeration they will become British so after that there is no need for Naturalisation.

<<http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/>>

you will also find MN1 form and guide there.

beeba

Post by beeba » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

jamil05

Post by jamil05 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks beeba.

On application is it mandatory to send marriage certificate?

I ask this because my wife and i have a traditional marriage without any certificates

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:28 pm

jamil05 wrote:Thanks beeba.

On application is it mandatory to send marriage certificate?

I ask this because my wife and i have a traditional marriage without any certificates
no it is not necessary.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40944