ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Workpermit/HSMP/Tier 1 route - some missing documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nadeemshafiq
Newly Registered

ILR - Workpermit/HSMP/Tier 1 route - some missing documents

Post by nadeemshafiq » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi There,

I will be eligible to apply for ILR as I will be in the UK for 5 years under a combination of WP/HSMP/Tier1 in august this year.

During last five years I have worked for last 3 years for a blue chip company in scotland and all documents are in place for it. My visa status for last three years have been 11 months WP, 2 yrs HSMP and Tier 1 for last few months (expiring 2013).

Before joining this company, i was working for a small company (between august 2005 to march 2007) in london that got me my first work permit. I was paid by cheque and they never gave me payslips. I have now realised that they have not paid full tax on my salary. I have a letter from them confirming I was employed during the period and I have employment contract and bank statements showing salary receipts (which are different than whats on the work permit).

If i now apply for ILR, do you think this letter from the employer will be sufficient to prove my employment during 2005/06 or will the visa officer ask for p60/paysplips or bank statements as well?

Please share your experiences about the requirement for these documents.

many thanks

nadeemshafiq
Newly Registered

Post by nadeemshafiq » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Anyone, any thoughts please?

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:55 am

nadeemshafiq wrote:Anyone, any thoughts please?
Did you get P60 from your previous employer, instead of salary slips?

nadeemshafiq
Newly Registered

Post by nadeemshafiq » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:50 am

It was a very small company and they did not give me payslips or P60. I have contacted HMRC now and they have said that the tax that has been paid on my salary is on a different (significant lower) amount and that explains why I was not being given payslips or any tax documents.

Do you think this would be a problem when I go to apply for ILR. Will they ask for tax documents for my first 18 months of employment on work permit and even if they dont ask, will they be able to check from HMRC's records that the taxable salary is significantly different from what was on my work permit. Actual salary payments (via cheque) were similar to the level mentioned on the work permit.

Paying tax is employer's responsibility and I am not at fault (other than not asking for tax documents when i was working there).

Only think i can attach is a letter from my employer confirming I was employed with them during the period.

Can anyone help please.