ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age Assessment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

whiteroses
BANNED

Age Assessment

Post by whiteroses » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 am

Is it true that you need to provide driving license or birth certificate to prove your age under this category? Is no other evidence acceptable?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Age Assessment

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:37 am

whiteroses wrote:Is it true that you need to provide driving license or birth certificate to prove your age under this category? Is no other evidence acceptable?
That requirement used to be in place sometime back. Now your passport is enough to prove your age.

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:47 am

aruni4470 wrote:
whiteroses wrote:Is it true that you need to provide driving license or birth certificate to prove your age under this category? Is no other evidence acceptable?
That requirement used to be in place sometime back. Now your passport is enough to prove your age.
Thanks.
I looked at the UKBA website, and found only a list of accepted documents which only listed those two, so was wondering.
Was concerned about this as I cannot use the PSW visa twice.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:56 am

whiteroses wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
Thanks.
I looked at the UKBA website, and found only a list of accepted documents which only listed those two, so was wondering.
Not sure which UKBA website you are looking at. Have a look at the policy guidance. Page 13 at the below link.
http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:24 am

aruni4470 wrote:
whiteroses wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
Thanks.
Not sure which UKBA website you are looking at. Have a look at the policy guidance. Page 13 at the below link.
http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf
Thanks again.
It was from one of the links on the points calculator page I think.

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:41 am

I was also wondering if MBA gets the same points as regular masters? And whether previous earnings include your time as a student?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:37 am

whiteroses wrote:I was also wondering if MBA gets the same points as regular masters? And whether previous earnings include your time as a student?
Go through the policy guidance thoroughly and you will find all your answers. Regarding the points for your MBA check the points based calculator.

whiteroses
BANNED

Post by whiteroses » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:13 am

aruni4470 wrote:
whiteroses wrote:I was also wondering if MBA gets the same points as regular masters? And whether previous earnings include your time as a student?
Go through the policy guidance thoroughly and you will find all your answers. Regarding the points for your MBA check the points based calculator.
turns out it's the same as regular masters, unlike earlier.
I don't know how I can get work again in UK as I'll be a student here again but have used up the psw earlier.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:17 am

Please go thru the guidance fully. Spoon feeding for every question would not help you. It is better you go thru it fully and come up with questions.

Policy Guidance has these details in simple understandable English.

On the Second though, Checking the details in PBS (Points Based System) Calculator is even more amazing to assess yourself.

Thank you
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.