ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching visa - notify employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lichung
Newly Registered

Switching visa - notify employer

Post by lichung » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:13 am

If I switch my current Tier 2 (General) visa to a Tier 1 visa, do I need to inform my current employer before I submit my application?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Maybe not before you submit the application but once you receive approval you should inform the employer as the employer must inform UKBA that you do not need sponsorship anymore.

regards

boonkoh
Newly Registered

Post by boonkoh » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:46 am

In any case, did you not have to get any letters from your employer to support your case?

Its a fine line to thread though as your employer will suspect the reason you are switching might be because you want to switch jobs, and so the delicate situation might be something you want to be wary about. But most employers should be happy that you want to switch to a Tier 1, otherwise they might have trouble renewing your Tier 2 when the time comes due to the new caps.