ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport surrender application by Post 5Weeks NoReply

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikasvaish
Newly Registered

Indian Passport surrender application by Post 5Weeks NoReply

Post by vikasvaish » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:07 am

I have submitted My Indian Passport surrender application to HCI, London by post 5 weeks back and since then I have not heard any thing. I send the E-Mail and Fax to the Passport Section but no replies. I tried to contact them but no body seems to be answering the phone.
What do I Do now.

Shall I wait further or goto HCI, London. Its delaying me to make OCI appliation. And we are planning to travel to India in November.

Please suggest.

nchowdhury
United Kingdom

Re: Indian Passport surrender application by Post 5Weeks NoR

Post by nchowdhury » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi,

What documents you submitted?
Did you enclosed self addressed (special delivery if possible) with the application?
If not then probably your SC letter might be lying under pile of documents, you got to go and collect as I understand.
They don't even bother what the circumanstances are.

I have submitted my SC apps on 6th July and tracked in royal mail site and showed delivered on 7th July.
I want to go to India on 29th July therefore after receiving the SC letter I have to apply for visa too - finger crossed.

Generally I heard that London HC takes min 2 weeks to send you the letter.

Thanks and regards
N. Chowdhury

vikasvaish wrote:I have submitted My Indian Passport surrender application to HCI, London by post 5 weeks back and since then I have not heard any thing. I send the E-Mail and Fax to the Passport Section but no replies. I tried to contact them but no body seems to be answering the phone.
What do I Do now.

Shall I wait further or goto HCI, London. Its delaying me to make OCI appliation. And we are planning to travel to India in November.

Please suggest.

joseilu
Newly Registered

Re: Indian Passport surrender application by Post 5Weeks NoR

Post by joseilu » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:28 pm

nchowdhury wrote:Hi,

What documents you submitted?
Did you enclosed self addressed (special delivery if possible) with the application?
If not then probably your SC letter might be lying under pile of documents, you got to go and collect as I understand.
They don't even bother what the circumanstances are.

I have submitted my SC apps on 6th July and tracked in royal mail site and showed delivered on 7th July.
I want to go to India on 29th July therefore after receiving the SC letter I have to apply for visa too - finger crossed.

Generally I heard that London HC takes min 2 weeks to send you the letter.

Thanks and regards
N. Chowdhury

vikasvaish wrote:I have submitted My Indian Passport surrender application to HCI, London by post 5 weeks back and since then I have not heard any thing. I send the E-Mail and Fax to the Passport Section but no replies. I tried to contact them but no body seems to be answering the phone.
What do I Do now.

Please suggest.
In application by post do you pay the fee by cheque or is not required to pay the fee at this stage?

Thanx