ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP leading to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bangashk

WP leading to ILR

Post by bangashk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Dear all,

First of all I must knowledge the help and support which you guys are offering via this forum.

I have been working in UK since January 2006. My current work permit was issued in March 2006 and will expire in March next year. I have not changed my employer since I joined it.

I joined my current employer in January 2006 after completing my studies. Initially I started on student visa and in the mean time my company processed my WP which was eventually granted in March 2006.

Please can anyone advise me whether I will apply for ILR on the basis of WP (March 2006) date or work joining date (Jan 2006)?

I will very grateful and remain for your time.

Kind regards

bangashk

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Five years from the issue date of the limited leave to remain - granted to you on the basis of WP.

regards

bangashk

Post by bangashk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:30 pm

thank you sushdmehta.