ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:46 am

AOA786

Hello everybody i think all the speeches are talk-less because i have seen 4,or 5 applicants who just submit d there few emails as there contact evidence and 3 or 4 photos of marriage and they all got visas i seen there story on other UK spouse visa forum so what i learned from them is if your luck is with you and Allah SWT decided your travel from Pakistan to UK then nothing works on Negative side.

but if not then even you provide bundle and bundle of evidences they will refuse you on any stupid kind of reason and i already face that thing by my self in past just believe on ALLAH and send what every you have and wait and see thats it.
Just Dua for each other and then will see Inshallah every body will get good news Ameen.
Jazak Allah Khair.

snipered

Post by snipered » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:24 am

Henah wrote:''I realise that the costs can be alot, but its something you have to put up with. Normally my bill on o2 is around £80 calling my wife. Then "20 -30 on lyca a month. Has been as high as 200 for o2. This month its at over a 100. This is just something you have to show in my opinion.''

Snipered did u print out ure lyco phone bill direct from the website?
Hi, yes for Lyca i printed off because to my knowledge i'm not sure you can get an official one.

My main one was the o2 bill, lyca was just extra for cheaper calls to Pakistan.
Applied in Islamabad - 13 May 2010
Status changed to forward to BHC - 13 May 2010
Status changed to under process - 26 May 2010
Employer contacted - 26 July 2010
Passport Recieved with Visa - 8 Sept 2010

newbie21

lyca proof

Post by newbie21 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:36 pm

hi all

just to let u know yes u can get officail lyca bill. well u send a letter and postal order of £2.50 to lycatel distributaion with a letter to say why u want a bill and they send u one. bill also has ur name,adress and mobile number confirmed

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:11 pm

I have a lyca sim and if you register online with them they give you itemised billing just like you get when you have a t mobile or a 02 bill. Thats what i put in my application - an itemised list of all the costs and texts i made. No need to write to lyca to request a bill because all you have to do is register your sim online.

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:39 pm

As- Salaam#

Its been a long time and my apologies 4 the delay - i did promise to come back and help the other Bro/sis in need so 4 give me. old satheez salaamz to u all hope your all well

Q. As you all know Allah blessed me with the situation that my wife came from pakistan to england on spouse visa.

CAN I GO ON HAJJ THIS YEAR WITH HER?

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Suhaib 786 wrote:As- Salaam#

Its been a long time and my apologies 4 the delay - i did promise to come back and help the other Bro/sis in need so 4 give me. old satheez salaamz to u all hope your all well

Q. As you all know Allah blessed me with the situation that my wife came from pakistan to england on spouse visa.

Why not...But you need Saudi Visa for Hajj.

Ali

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Suhaib 786 wrote:As- Salaam#

Of course you can, what is there to stop you doing it?

dr in distress

Post by dr in distress » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:32 pm

thanks a lot for your replies.i am applying with my 8 month baby(huge proof of contact lolz ), have been to uk after marriage (will be submitting wedding honeymoon and our pics together in uk)also my husband visited us 3 times after my sons birth(air tickets) i also have joint bank statement still do i require telephone bills as proof of contact? i was not worried about proof of contact but accomodation documents as i have tenency aggrement and letter from accomodation officer as proof of address.

Sairah A
Newly Registered

Post by Sairah A » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:12 am

Hi I was hoping someone could help.....

What does the letter from your employer have to contain? My boss has asked me to draft it and he will sign it off - any info would be helpful!

Henah

Post by Henah » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:03 am

Hi Sairah

I also got a letter from my employer and it stated the following points:

1.Confirming that u are employed by them..
2.Ure job title..
3. Ure annual salary..
4. Ure working hours..
5.Confirming ur N.I number..
6.And how long u have been working for them (ur start date)

Also dont forget u have to make sure that the letter is on headed paper ie it has got ure employers address number etc!!

By the way when are u thinking of applying?
Iv sent my papers through a family member and hopefully they should reach my hubby soon!!!! Iwas feeling sooooooooo nervous when i gave the documents because I thought thats it! :cry: no more adding to it.. just gta hope for the best now.. n hopefully the outcome will be a good one.. its so hard being away from your loved ones!! Good luck to all those applying now... Henah :lol:

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:05 am

Assalamalaikum I hope we get good news this week inshaAllah, I miss my better half :(
"If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it"

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:20 am

SF786 wrote:Assalamalaikum I hope we get good news this week inshaAllah, I miss my better half :(
Salaam, how are you? Have you had any news back from your MP?

Bj Touch
Newly Registered

A bit more Patience...

Post by Bj Touch » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:50 pm

SF786 wrote:Assalamalaikum I hope we get good news this week inshaAllah, I miss my better half :(
InshAllah we will all get some good news. We have been waiting for a long time. There is quite a few of us who submitted at the end of April/early May...so we should hopefully get some news soon.

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:58 pm

me included in that too! - insha Allah praying for the news we want. Its the uncertainty around how long we must wait that is difficult.

Q4sim

Post by Q4sim » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:43 pm

dr in distress wrote:thanks a lot for your replies.i am applying with my 8 month baby(huge proof of contact lolz ), have been to uk after marriage (will be submitting wedding honeymoon and our pics together in uk)also my husband visited us 3 times after my sons birth(air tickets) i also have joint bank statement still do i require telephone bills as proof of contact? i was not worried about proof of contact but accomodation documents as i have tenency aggrement and letter from accomodation officer as proof of address.
Proof of contact seems to be essential. Provide itemised billing if possible. :)

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:09 pm

This is the latest response I have had from the UKHUB:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be aware that your wife's application has been decided and your wife will be contacted as soon as possible in relation to the outcome. Currently their is a back log that the VAC are trying to get through. They will contact you soon.

Thank you,
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

NAZ786

Re: A bit more Patience...

Post by NAZ786 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Bj Touch wrote:
InshAllah we will all get some good news. We have been waiting for a long time. There is quite a few of us who submitted at the end of April/early May...so we should hopefully get some news soon.
SF786, I see that your employer was contacted around the 7th week so by now they should have made a decision and told you? have you contacted the BHC?
La ila ha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minazzalimeen! Recite this Inshallah it will help everyone...

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Salam Yousafa and NAZ786...I haven't heard back from MP...the secretary was quite negative when I spoke to her...she said there's no way that she would be told the decision before the applicant!

Last I heard from UKBA they told me that the application had been processed and to wait for vac to contact the applicant :(

I'm really scared as most people have had positive responses from their MPs but I haven't :oops:

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Also batleykhan suggested that MP may not have told me because it might be bad news! I mean Mr Khan does know his stuff :(

I so hope you're wrong in this case though batleykhan! :evil:

decision_time
Newly Registered

Post by decision_time » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:22 pm

AOA, Finally decision time is over.

The VISA has finally arrived, after 16 weeks of waiting. Thank you to all, this is a very useful forum with some wise people posting. Here is my list with timeline, I may have emailed about 50 times to either Gerry's or the UKBA over the 3 months. The most information started flowing from them after 12 weeks. Others have suggested it and I agree getting your MP involved immediately after 12 weeks, even though he didn't come in useful for me he may in your cases. The UKBA are very slow in most cases and I don't believe their statistics on processing times are an honest representation of how long it takes. I'm glad this is something we only have to do once.:D

Applied: 20/04/2010 - Karachi
Contacted Employers: 07/06/10
Decsion Made: 05/07/10
Told a descision made: 12/07/10
Told to wait: 20/07/10 for 8 weeks before contacting anyone again.
Contacted MP: 26/07/10 so far no response, resubmitted info to MP 29/07/10. MP Office Confirmed receiving email.
Update Change: 30/07/10 Documents ready for collection
Documents Collected: VISA successful.

Dua to all that are waiting...

SF786

Post by SF786 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Mubarak decision time! So happy for you :)

maryammajid786

Post by maryammajid786 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Aoa

Dear Jonathan Lord,
I am a pakistani national ,my husband has ILR and we have been married
for 2 years.My dependant visa was refused because the home office was
not sure that my husband could work in the uk although we sent in his
passport showing tier 1 stamp ,his visa status in 2008.Our appeal was
out of time .We applied again but there was drop in our bank account
and refused again we appealed but were asked to submit a fresh
application again.My daughter was born and she is a british national as
my husband got his ILR .Nearly 2 years of our married life we have
spent 1 year separate.I have travelled to the the UK twice on visit
visa as i had a multiple entry visit visa before marriage .now i am
again in pakistan with my 3 month old daughter have applied for
settlement visa and it has been 3 weeks.I know they say processing time
is 3months but it has been very hard on us.I have never breached the
immigration rules and have visited uk nearly 7 times.
we both are qualified doctors with degress in post graduation from uk.
I would appreciate if you can contact the home office and ask them to
expedite my visa and let me know the status of my application.

Yours sincerely,
This is what i wrote to my mp and he says he has written to home office and response is going to take 3 working weeks.for earlier application i was in cardiff and mp was helpful,i even knew the decesion.from what i am reading its going to take 2 of sep as my 12 weeks will be up by that time.

Allah Hafiz.

maryam wasif

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:49 pm

SF786 wrote:Salam Yousafa and NAZ786...I haven't heard back from MP...the secretary was quite negative when I spoke to her...she said there's no way that she would be told the decision before the applicant!

Last I heard from UKBA they told me that the application had been processed and to wait for vac to contact the applicant :(

I'm really scared as most people have had positive responses from their MPs but I haven't :oops:
SF - if your MP was negative before you asked them to contact the BHC i wouldn't read too much into it which it seems from your post.

My boss has said that he will be writing to his MP if I havent had my decision within 12 weeks, which was nice of him (although it will probably have no effect).

naina_12345
Newly Registered

Post by naina_12345 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:23 pm

hi...can some one tell me..what mean MP who that person....i m confuse...because lot pepoles talj we get invole our MP...who this person ?

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:02 pm

decision_time

MashAllah great news! May Allah unite you before Ramadhan InshAllah.

Don't forget the brothers and sisters on this forum :lol:

All the best with the future!
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made