ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some help with Tier 1 Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

akshiuk
Newly Registered

Need some help with Tier 1 Application

Post by akshiuk » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi,
I am planning to apply for Tier 1 (G) in Sep 2010. I have a few queries and would be really grateful for any help.

1.) I am currently working in the UK since Feb 2010 (on Tier 2). For proof of employment, I plan to attach 7 month (Feb 2010 - Aug 2010) UK payslips from the company. I also plan to attach the balance 5 month (Aug 2009-Jan 2010) salary slips from India. My UK payslips are on company paper with company name mentioned and are mailed to me, so I assume I do not need any signature. I am getting my India payslips stamped and signed by the HR in India. Am I right in getting this done ?

2.) My second question is regarding the bank statements I need to attach to support the salary slips. For the UK salary I plan on furnishing the latest bank statement. However, for the Aug 2009-Jan 2010 period, what type of bank statement (Indian bank) do I need to furnish ? Should it cover only these 5 months or should it be cover the entire period till date of application i.e.from Aug 2009 till August 2010?

3.) I have done my masters from one of the IITs. However I could find no mention of the degree in the online points calculator. So I am thinking of going via the NARIC and getting a letter of comparability for my degree. Do I also need a certificate of comparibility or is the letter enough ?

4.) For English language requirement, do I need to obtain the separate NARIC assessment or will the assessment mentioned in Point 3 above suffice.
The UK BA website is confusing on this point. They write:

"You must have 10 points for English language. These will be awarded if you hold a degree which is equivalent to United Kingdom bachelor's level and which was taught or researched in English to a particular level. We will consider this to be proof of your English language ability.
The qualification must be recognised by UK NARIC as:
equivalent to at least a United Kingdom bachelor's degree; and
having been taught in English to a standard comparable to that of level C1 on the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).

The UK BA website also says that:

"UK NARIC will not be able to verify whether a qualification satisfies the English language requirement. So if your qualification cannot be confirmed by the points-based calculator, you should either present an alternative qualification from the points-based calculator if you have one or choose another way of meeting the English language requirement."

What to do in this case to meet English Language requirement? Should I get a separate NARIC letter for English Language Assessment (NARIC is offering this certification, seems like its a new service) ? BTW: My Degree certificate is printed both in Hindi and English.

5.) Apart from the 12 month salary statements and the supporting bank statements, do I need to attach further proofs of income (eg: IT Return, Form 16)? If yes, then for how many years' duration ?

6.) And finally, does anyone here have a checklist of all documents that they may have used to successfully apply ? If that could be shared, we can all be sure we'll not miss attaching any critical document.

Thanks in advance to all for your help !

akshiuk
Newly Registered

Post by akshiuk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please help with my queries. I tried looking through the previous posts but have not had much success.

Thanks again !

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:10 pm

i am not a senior member, i got my visa couple of weeks ago. i will try to answer few of your queries.

1) if your uk pay slips are on companys letter head which has company logo and address then it is fine. but as a precaution you can get them sealed and signed.

2)it should cover 12 months of earning period that you are claiming. in your case u will have to produce feb 10 to july 10 uk bank statements and aug 09 jan 10 indian bank statements. your bank statements should indicate the salary credited in your account.

3) and 4) i am not sure

5) you need to show 2 proofs for your earning from different sources like bank statement and pay slips. but you can attach your it return as well for last financial year 2009-10, please note it is not mandatory as long as your other 2 documents are correct

6) policy guide is the best document for checklist read it carefully, may be more than once. you can also refer to documents that i had attached
Tier1 Aspirant

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Need some help with Tier 1 Application

Post by prisat » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:58 am

akshiuk wrote:Hi,
I am planning to apply for Tier 1 (G) in Sep 2010. I have a few queries and would be really grateful for any help.

1.) I am currently working in the UK since Feb 2010 (on Tier 2). For proof of employment, I plan to attach 7 month (Feb 2010 - Aug 2010) UK payslips from the company. I also plan to attach the balance 5 month (Aug 2009-Jan 2010) salary slips from India. My UK payslips are on company paper with company name mentioned and are mailed to me, so I assume I do not need any signature. I am getting my India payslips stamped and signed by the HR in India. Am I right in getting this done ?
Should be good... If possible get all the things attested !!!

2.) My second question is regarding the bank statements I need to attach to support the salary slips. For the UK salary I plan on furnishing the latest bank statement. However, for the Aug 2009-Jan 2010 period, what type of bank statement (Indian bank) do I need to furnish ? Should it cover only these 5 months or should it be cover the entire period till date of application i.e.from Aug 2009 till August 2010?
What do you mean by what type of bank statement.... It is your banks statements for ur claim period (aka Statement of Accounts). Your Net pay in the salary slip should exactly match with the figures in the Bank statement. Any details of such deviation should get into Cover Letter with acceptable proofs. OFC, our common sense will tell us which is acceptable and Visa Guidance will be more helpful in getting a acceptable proof.

Show bank statement for the claim period. I believe this is descriptive.

3.) I have done my masters from one of the IITs. However I could find no mention of the degree in the online points calculator. So I am thinking of going via the NARIC and getting a letter of comparability for my degree. Do I also need a certificate of comparibility or is the letter enough ?
Question not clear......
You mentioned - getting a letter of comparability
then Certificate of comparibility
and then ended with is the letter enough ?

4.) For English language requirement, do I need to obtain the separate NARIC assessment or will the assessment mentioned in Point 3 above suffice.
The UK BA website is confusing on this point. They write:

"You must have 10 points for English language. These will be awarded if you hold a degree which is equivalent to United Kingdom bachelor's level and which was taught or researched in English to a particular level. We will consider this to be proof of your English language ability.
The qualification must be recognised by UK NARIC as:
equivalent to at least a United Kingdom bachelor's degree; and
having been taught in English to a standard comparable to that of level C1 on the Council of Europe's Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).

The UK BA website also says that:

"UK NARIC will not be able to verify whether a qualification satisfies the English language requirement. So if your qualification cannot be confirmed by the points-based calculator, you should either present an alternative qualification from the points-based calculator if you have one or choose another way of meeting the English language requirement."

What to do in this case to meet English Language requirement? Should I get a separate NARIC letter for English Language Assessment (NARIC is offering this certification, seems like its a new service) ? BTW: My Degree certificate is printed both in Hindi and English.
Sorry.. this looks big to me. Iam not going thru this. :) Please revisit Policy Guidance and go thru it carefully.

5.) Apart from the 12 month salary statements and the supporting bank statements, do I need to attach further proofs of income (eg: IT Return, Form 16)? If yes, then for how many years' duration ?
Any additional proofs are always welcome. Submit the latest IT Returns acknowledgement slip. Read guidance for details.

6.) And finally, does anyone here have a checklist of all documents that they may have used to successfully apply ? If that could be shared, we can all be sure we'll not miss attaching any critical document.
:@

*&(!^#*(#&!@*&!@(*&#!(*&#(!*@

Age - Passport

Qualification - Entire study periods Academic Transcripts (mark sheets) and Degree Certificate

Earnings - 12 months Claim period falling within 15 months of application date :
1. Attested Salary Slips for the 12 months,
2. 12 months bank statement on official stationary with Bank's seal on each page of the bank statement
3. Form 16
4. IT Returns acnkowledgement slip

Fund Maintenance -
1. 3 months bank statement
2. Confirmation letter from bank with the minimum amount in INR and GBP value (value as on the letter issued date) maintained between the dates falling in point 1.

Medium of Instruction :
1. Letter from University that medium of instruction during the study period was english
2. Entire study periods Academic Transcripts (mark sheets) and
3. Degree Certificate

Thanks in advance to all for your help !
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.